loyal to generals

darkfir3s

Well, i just tried out the generals demo, it seems to be OK, i think i'm going to buy the full version tomorrow/this week. EBFD isn't nice to play anymore, WOL games crash before they've started and singleplayer 8 AI players on hard is just too easy for me. :P

Screw it, generals is a good game and it's far more balanced than emp or ra2 or any other westwood/ea rts before it. i've beaten 4 brutals before, took me hours tho.....as well as a few nukes up the jacksie.....

not to mention the fact that it looks better. oh im shallow. meh.

Errrr .... far more balanced then Emp??? I guess u dont know EMP at all then...

Anyone who likes Generals better than Emp. obviously hasnt really played Emp. This comes from someone who regularly plays both games.

::)

Do you consider me someone who hasn't played emperor alot?

almost any player i have met that played emp for at least 6 months said to me that emp is way better. i can't urgue with your taste but just mentioned it. i have some experience with RTS games, i found empy one of the most balanced games i have ever played, generals is nothing compared to it(at lesat IMO). i dont remember any game that after i finished the levels i continued to play for more than 2 years online and i still can't get enuff of it. if i had the time and more players wud play it i dont mind to play it for another 2 years.

Ok here's the commentary from a former Emp junk.. lol

Emp is the coolest rts i have ever played, and the only game that comes near the level of addiction I had with emp is... Generals!! lol

Dudes ur whining all bout loyalty to emp, and thats ok with me.

But face it, emp becomes more and more boring to play, due to the lack of support and, well honestly, fans. Generals is full with ppl, and u can get a game anytime u just pick em out.

Till generals came along i had just 1 love and that was emp. But in my view generals is a worthy competent compared to emp. I still love the game, but without ur friends and any decent competition its getting a lil boring eh. Anyway, My loyalty lies with both games, and if a former emp junk like me digs generals that should count for something..atleast for the ppl who know me.

l8a

i'm a loyal to boycotting all EA products for all-time for them abandoning Emperor before it was finished and not giving us many new maps or even making it viable to download the existing Maps or user-made Maps

EA is evil. Boycott EA.

i am with u on that but EA is monopoly. boycot them and u cant get a game at all!!!!

I've played EMP for at least 6 months. and IMHO it is faaaaaaaaaaaaar more unbalanced than generals. ra2 was also a v balanced game, but then yuri's revenge came along and wrecked it.....

the thing with generals and emp is they both have in game thangs like the subhouses and generals abilities. the thing with generals is that even those are balanced within the game. the prob with emp is that the subhouses totally tripped the balance of things.

i'm a loyal to boycotting all EA products for all-time for them abandoning Emperor before it was finished and not giving us many new maps or even making it viable to download the existing Maps or user-made Maps

EA is evil. Boycott EA.

i am with u on that but EA is monopoly. boycot them and u cant get a game at all!!!!

I'm getting so freaken sick and tired of these type of ignorant comments. Let's get a few facts straight:

1. EA does not have a monopoly on anything. What about HomeWorld 2 (Sierra), Age of Empires (Microsoft), MoreCrap3 (*shudders* Blizzard).

2. Stop waying EA "abandoned" Emperor: It got some 9 patches, which is a lot more than can be said for a lot of games. It is well balanced and contrary to what Nav says, the bugs are not that prevalent.

3. You should be thankful they patched Emp at all, given it sold less than 500,000 units, making it the worst-selling EA RTS game ever! Generals has sold almost 5 times that many already!

Sorry, but jeez, get your facts straight. Before you make complete fools of yourselves.

"the thing with generals and emp is they both have in game thangs like the subhouses and generals abilities. the thing with generals is that even those are balanced within the game. the prob with emp is that the subhouses totally tripped the balance of things. "

Mention something that unbalances them, just one. And unless you've played at least 6 months *online* you really can't accurately judge, I'm afraid.

Ok here's the commentary from a former Emp junk.. lol

Emp is the coolest rts i have ever played, and the only game that comes near the level of addiction I had with emp is... Generals!! lol

Dudes ur whining all bout loyalty to emp, and thats ok with me.

But face it, emp becomes more and more boring to play, due to the lack of support and, well honestly, fans. Generals is full with ppl, and u can get a game anytime u just pick em out.

Till generals came along i had just 1 love and that was emp. But in my view generals is a worthy competent compared to emp. I still love the game, but without ur friends and any decent competition its getting a lil boring eh. Anyway, My loyalty lies with both games, and if a former emp junk like me digs generals that should count for something..atleast for the ppl who know me.

l8a

yea, that's the reason empy is boring and not popular at the moment. i mentioned it.

I've played EMP for at least 6 months. and IMHO it is faaaaaaaaaaaaar more unbalanced than generals.

care to back that up with some specifics? what *EXACTLY* about Emp is unbalanced? you have dug yourself into an un-escapable whole with that one.

to DukeLeto: yes, the bugs in Emperor are extremely prevalent and in a match of two elite players, they fundamentally ruin the gameplay. if you think that bugs in Emperor are not prevalent, then it is because you do not have an understanding of just how important every bit of *CONTROL* over your harvesting and army is to an RTS. the bugs in Emperor take away the ability to *FAIRLY* control your harvesting and units and therefore make the game turn from contest of skill into an exercise in bug-exploiting. ::) if you were an elite player who knew house Atreides well, then you would be shouting about this issue just as loudly as i do, guaranteed.

it is true that EA is a monopoly, but still, we should try to avoid EA games at all costs and look to games that are published by someone else

oh yeah, the interface of Generals SUCKS. just like the interface of War3 sucks. Generals is a War3 wannabe. no RTS interface will ever come anywhere close to matching the brilliance of the Dune 2/Emperor interface. to be good at Generals or War3, most of your time is spent *STRUGGLING WITH A CLUNKY INTERFACE* instead of performing strategies or microing like is done in the Dune RTS games

In some ways i agree with what u r sayin Nav but i think the part about bugs isnt true u CAN direct where your harvs go if u know how to. Ill show u if u want and i dont mean way points. :)

I know atr very well and i would not agree i think u put 2 ELITE ATR palyers together and u play best 2 outta 3 the better player will emerge also elite players dont exploite bugs we *CONTROL* which means cutting off spice and crippling your apponent. I also want to say ATR is very strong vs rushes and every house is equal but u have to learn how to use the house 1st.

Generals is a very good game but not near as close in stratagy and micro managing, EMP is the best RTS so far and i have played almost all the of them.

EMPEROR is the best RTS game ever!!!!