Contaminators Suck Part II

Navaros

i was reading this thread: http://www.dune2k.com/forum/?board=17;action=display;threadid=7677

it is true that Contaminators suck 100% of the time. i don't know why Timenn has a beef with people saying that: it's a fact

i find it regretable tho, that other people didn't bother to mention that leeches suck *almost* as much as contaminators. leeches are mostly worthless too

as well, i'd like to issue an open challenge to Flameweaver:

play me 1vs1. you said that contaminators are good if you use them in a sneaky way. the challenge for you is: contaminate just *ONE* of my units at any point in the game before i kill you

well u could try to play as Atreides, get 5 contaminators to ure apc and release them near enemie infantry, if ure succseful ull see a chain reaction and have a crapload of Contaminators or alternatively all ure conts get killed at sight.

well u could try to play as Atreides, get 5 contaminators to ure apc and release them near enemie infantry, if ure succseful ull see a chain reaction and have a crapload of Contaminators or alternatively all ure conts get killed at sight.

even if you did have a crapload of Contaminators: so what? wtf are you gonna do with them? LOL

they have zero gameplay value whatsoever. just like the orni, sonic, and maker.

Sonics are good(i feel sonic is like a atreides devastator, drop it near kobras and watch fireworks, or drop a few in enemie spice field), i like to use them once in a while so are ornis(ornis i really like against those players who like to project with IX...), makers are pretty useless i agree, and yes so what if u get a crapload of contams?!?.... i only mentioned u could get em, nothing more.

Yeah, contaminator really are the most useless units ever conceived in the history of gamedom. They have a good concept behind them: "Hey! Lets have a unit that instantly makes more of itself when it kills others!" But, instead of a possibly good unit they have to go and make it so that it only affects infantry, has only a melee range, and is utterly usless against anything else.

Some might liken the Cont to the SC Zergling... if the Zergling was a slow-as-shite unit that could be run over by the hoardes, can onyl be made one at time at a painfully slow rate, and can only bitch-slap the weakest of the crap weasels you find in Emperor...

Leeches, on the other hand, are the nastiest units ever to be conceived in the hellish pits of RTS conceptualists. Fast and distruptive, they can put a serious cramp in an enemy's harvesting efforts. (I think I've said this many times before, Nav.) A single Leech in an enemy feild before adequate (worm-not-attracting) defenses are put up usually makes a gauaranteed loss for the victim. What use is being Atry and having the option of Repair Vehicles if you don't have the cash to upgrade your factory, much less make the damn (oh-so-targetable and weak) things?

even if you did have a crapload of Contaminators: so what? wtf are you gonna do with them? LOL

Disagree.

1. Orni is not useless, they're good looking.

2. Sonic has gameplay value, they're good in many occations

3. Makers are great if you mix just one in a group of units on sand.

4. Contaminators do not have zero gameplay value. They have negative gameplay value!

The main objective is to slaughter the enemy troop masses and not much of know what to do with the results. :P

I agree with the maker, and partially with the sonic (only good when couple with a ADV Carryall) but not the Orni. I love using a squadron of ornis to take out any incoming heavy tanks to my base like Mino, Kobra and Devas.

GA

If you download mods you'll see the changes made to them:

KH2 => Cost 100 and build three times as quick

MP2 =>Quicker and more health

Or if say...you modded the game a bit and gave a contaminator the health of the Emperor Worm and a large cost. (Yes, I did this, I was bored.)

it is true that Contaminators suck 100% of the time. i don't know why Timenn has a beef with people saying that: it's a fact

You may think that of course. But there is no use of a thread only about saying that the contaminator sucks.

We have heard that a dozen of times, and it is only annoying right now

i think the use of this thread is so newbies don't build them

newbies come to this board in order to learn how to play Emperor well

building Contaminators is a step in the opposite direction that they wish to go

so it is very educational and informative for them to be set on the right path by being told in no uncertain terms that Contaminators Suck