Journal of Dreams

Lord J

This thread has a lot to do with Strange Dreams, a thread about dreams. In that thread I made a suggestion that we begin keeping a dream journal, and post it either on the General or Fan Fiction boards.

This is, however, not fan fiction per se. It is the content of dreams, and has (sometimes) very little to do with fiction.

I don't care who posts here, but I want quality. No less than three paragraphs-- detail. And nothing overly sexual or graphic. If it would recieve and "R" rating in the states, edit it down to "PG-13" in the least. If it's too graphic it will be edited or tossed into the deepest fires of the Dungeon.

This morning I slept a little late. Thanks to the fact that I'm re-reading Children of Dune, my dream contains quite a few of those elements.

I'm not quite sure how I got to the campus, but I sat there in my car watching one of the buildings. My mother had gone back to college, and appearantly I was there to pick her up.

As soon as I saw the building letting students out, I walked up and saw her. She looked a little different, but nothing to really comment about. Instead of heading back to my car, however, she continued walking toward another building. I asked what was going on, and she said she was going to her fifth and final class, to be taught be the Emperor Leto Atreides himself.

Now, oddly enough, as in most dreams, this made perfect sense to me. My mind must've accepted that this is some time in the future, and edited the rest of the dream in that vein. I followed her on into the building.

I looked around in the building, I noticed a few signs, one said, "Fish Speakers"...Though temptation would have run my soul ragged in the real world, however, I entered into a gift shop, instead. I don't think I bought anything, and I don't remember anything displayed in the shop. Either way, I found myself helping a handicapped lady into an auditorium. She was on what looked like a stretcher with little wheels on the bottom. I helped her down about half the row, and started back up.

I did not plan to stay and see the God Emperor's class, but circumstances forced me to stay.

As I went to leave, I noticed about twenty or thirty students enter and begin seating themselves. Once they were seated, the lights began to go down, like in a theater. I moved quietly to a seat close by and sat. First there was a sequence like the screen at the movie theater, I don't remember much, other than I saw myself. I did not look exactly like myself either, my hair was lighter, around light brown, and in a different style, my nose was shorter, and I was cleanshaven. However, that sequence was shortly over, and the stage was darkened further for the Emperor's entrance.

The Emperor did not enter alone, but, like most celebrities, his was the only face you really paid attention to. And boy, was it a face. He looked like a horrible burn victim, his entire body had ridges and valleys, and his face was no different. The lights remained low, so we could not see much. I preassed a button on my chair that made it lean forward, I looked around and I noticed everyone else had done the same. We could not see him any better, though. He started to speak, but what he spoke I do not remember. After a time it got very incoherent, and I woke.

Ok here's a dream I had a little while ago:

I'm standing in the centre of my garden. The night is dark and opressive with no stars in the sky and no moon visible either. Suddenly a very tall figure appears next to me. I am not alarmed and it seems as though my senses are slightly slowed. The figure is dressed in dark green robes and I can't see his face. He seems to emit a pale blue light, which allows me to see him at all, as it is so dark. The figure grabs my hand and spreads huge black wings. The wings emit black light, it's difficult to describe, but they shine black... He soars gracefully upward. hiw wings don't beat but just seem to lift him upwards. I close my eyes and when I re-open them, we are in the middle of blackest space. We fly for a little longer until we stop. He points ahead and then I see it. 7 stars are ahead of me, all chained together. I look a little closer and I see hundreds of ugly creatures, each with charred black wings also chained to the surface of the stars. The figure points towards the creatures and says to me in a whispering, chilling voice, "Because you wanted to see them..." Then I wake up.

I dreamt this about one week ago. Nothing strange, nor sexual.

First of all I had no idea where I was. It was just me and the girl I...like. I was on my knees in front of her like in a proposal. I look at her and she looks at me. We're very close. At one moment I samile and I tell her: " You're in debt to me." (something regarding the Yahoo Messenger). She smiles back, and kisses me. And I mean one seriuos kiss. After I woke up, I was day-dreaming. Afew days I was lost, and very sad it was just a dream.

I had this dream not long ago...

I was walking across the beach and I looked out to the ocean and saw a sandworm burst out of the water and swallow a sailboat. Being a dream it seemed very practical that a sandworm should exist and live in water. I continued walking and saw two masked men playing volleyball, with a severed head. About then I woke up...

Never read Dune and then play Resident Evil 0.

Not a good idea before bed. :P

Ok, I this dream just last night...

I jumped down off of a landing craft(I just kinda new this was on d-day.) and started running in the water. I just knew for some reason I should duck but all of sudden machine guns sprayed over my head killing 2 guys behind me. BTW, this was a nightmare... All of a sudden there was a huge explosion where the enemy was station and we could just walk up...

We walked pass the sea wall and all of a sudden, I dreamt I was playing Medal of honor: Frontline. Started playing and a very tall - thin guy walked into my game room. I got scared to death. I rifle just 'popped' into my hands and I guess I shot him. Then my mom walked in and she says" Its time to eat breakfast." It was like 10:00 p.m. tho and im like what the heck.

Then I woke up scary eh?

Like Davidu said, Never play games [medal of honor] before bed time.

• 2 weeks later...

Holy crap I think I am really playing too much online games...

I dreamt that I woke up, then sitting on my bed and staring out of the window. I saw "real" people, but they've all got chat boxes above their heads. At that time I still haven't discovered that I was dreaming, and switch to staring at the walls instead.

All of a sudden people lots and lots of people got into my room and gathered. I thought "WTF!?", then found that I've got a chat box above my head, writing "Boss hunt party"...

Soon things were settled and I was teleported to the dungeon, only finding that I was in the clothes of my character, and I am seeing things in first-person view(the game is of bird-eye view). Now I start to sence that I'm dreaming. Continued to hack monsters like I do when I play the game...Strange enough is that they're still 2D and is like a piece of paper, while my party members are "real" people dressed like in-game characters, with them being my friends and some celebs.

Cleared the area clean of monsters, the whole party sat down. I then found one of the party member being the girl I liked. Knowing that it's my dream, I got near her and tried to...(emm can't write it out, guess what is it yourself)

All of a sudden the whole dream turned to bird-eye view, with the boss wiping out the party and a "You're dead, press esc to continue" message box showing up. Pressed escm but BSOD showed up instead, followed by irritating bird chirpings, I then finally wake up, finding that I had set my alarm early, and end up writing this...

• 1 year later...

The first dream I can remember consisted of being confronted by a man smoking a pipe, who informed that I was due to be taken and held in a mushroom for the rest of my life. There followed a brief discussion on the proper age at which this was to be done, and whether the fact that I had already passed this age entitled me to freedom or merely confirmed the urgency of the incarceration.

Though, obviously, I'm paraphrasing.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, figured that I might as well add to this before I forget...

A dream I had a few days ago.

I think I'm standing in a field. There's dried grass around. No, it can't be a field because I'm standing on a low hill, with two other people. I don't know the purpose of these two people here, since they don't appear to do anything and I'm paying no attention to them at all.

There is a strong wind, and I am wearing a billowing cloak of a very dark blue, almost black. My hair, as far as I can tell, is long and white. I'm still me though (and in reality my hair is not white. Might be cool if it was though...). Anyway, I wish to get somewhere, home I think. So, as is only natural, I spread my cloak and attempt to take off.

This is something of a recurring image in my dreams, flying with a cloak. But for some reason I take off into the wind, rather than away from it. It does not blow me back into the ground though, but carries me backwards and upwards, very fast. I didn't want to go backwards, but I can do nothing to control my flight (this is not a recurring image) as I am blown up and up until I pass the cloud layer. I see clouds, but keep going out, out further into space, where I see that the whole world is enveloped in cloud. I haven't seen the ground since passing the cloud layer, but just as I feel my weak connection with my origin snap and I begin to drift in space, the location suddenly changes and I am standing in the bedroom of a friend of mine.

This friend doesn't say anything to me, but is busy putting a sheet over his girlfriend, who has just died. Then he says he has to get changed, so I turn around and look at the wall. That's all I remember. Weird, but not particularly interesting.

Hm. Yes. I have a recurring ability in dreams to float. Not fly, float. I need a wall to pull myself up, but thereafter, by leaning forwards, I accelerate. All seems logical while I'm doing it, of course. It's just a bit of a bother getting the altitude right, because you have to find a wall with the friction to pull yourself up on.

• 2 weeks later...

This is a rather odd dream I had last night; I suspect its contents are related to the fact that my mother and I talked about the Arthurian legends and the quest for the grail during the evening.

In my dream I was questing for the grail along side two of my mates, Chris and one whose identity I am not sure about. We found the grail in some forest in an Arabian desert of some kind. Inside the forest was a bear like creature of some kind. I am not sure about how we actually found the grail, but I am sure that bear like creature had something to do with it.

Once we had found the grail, which looked just like an ordinary wineglass, we discovered, by pouring water into it, that it would recreate any substance placed inside it. Following that Chris sort of moved into the bear like creature

Well, last night it was bungee cords. Yup, bungees all over the place. Everyone seemed to have a bungee cord attached to a harness on their back (like they were running rather than jumping). There were people trying for the land, sea, and air speed records, all of which in boat-shaped vehicles, and all of them had bungees on their craft. There was a Venezuelan man who used a giant kite to soar above a waterfall before kayaking down it, and he had a bungee cord on his kayak as well. Bungee cords everywhere. I wonder if there's some symbolism in that?

Also, I've been dreaming about snakes a lot. Probably subconscious guilt about the death of my pet cornsnake. *Sniffle*

• 3 months later...

Lately I've been having many strange dreams, too many to write about all of them, but atleast I'll share the latest one with you.

For some reason my mother had been working in Canada lately, and a work mate of her's wanted her to transport some corpses, something that apparantly was a minor offence in Canada, to some place in either Denmark or Paris, so my mother had brought them home and stashed them beneath her's and my father's bed, when she told me I had to help her moving them I suddenly understood that the four corpses where the reason for my strange dreams of late. I was however also quite appaled by the task, mainly because my mother told me that two of them were still rotting (the other two had reached the skeletal stage some time ago), and because they were only stored in baskets of somekind, not caskets.

Anyway we brought them to Paris, following a long and drangerous track that involved crossing several pools of lava, and once we got to Paris the scene changed and I was in a lab of somekind where some frozen serial killers were excamined. Then one of them broke out of the iceblock it was in, I assumed it would kill me and the labstaff, yet it ran down a corridor just outside the lad, and into a cinima and began to sing, later it was out on the streets of Paris where it wanted to race against a character from the long gone He-man series whos name I've forgotten. In the end the serieal killer was replaced by my grandfather, whom I then saw sitting in a chair in his garden...

Quite odd...

Oh and by the way *

Nice to see this thread is still active.

This morning I had a lucid dream.

It's happened once before, I would wake up, go use the bathroom, and still be sleepy enough to re-enter REM sleep (or at least, dreaming sleep) when I returned to bed, but this is the first time I ever took advantage of it.  This is also the first time I attepmted to go outside in my lucid dream.

I decided to experiment.  My body felt different, more... imaginary than "real".  I was able to move, but I was somehow concious that it was in a dreamstate, not reality.

To be honest, I don't really remember much of my lucid dream, probably something to do with the fact that it was several hours ago.  However, I do remember a measure of difficulty in leaving my room.  At first it was as if the idea of leaving was blocked.  Then, once I got out of the door, the layout of the outside depended solely on what I thought it should be, not on reality.

I flew around a bit.  I observed a pitch-black horse-trailer.  I realized that the layout of the outside was wrong and it changed.  Still wrong, but closer to reality.

I think I woke up at some point, because I was asleep and dreaming (passively) when the alarm clock started.

I've recently been waking up with a very strong conviction that I've just been dreaming about morphological cases. Yesterday night it was the dative, a week or so ago it was either the nominative or the accusative; it may have been both. I don't quite know HOW you can dream about cases, aside from just entally associating things therewith while asleep.

Here's one of my dreams:

This is just after seeing Star Wars Episode 2 and then playing Diablo. Basically, I kept on getting a complete replay of the film, except Count Dooku was the butcher and the Chancellor was Diablo. I know, it might not be strange, but it was interesting.

Having read a bit about dreams just recently, I learned that by simply willing yourself to remember your dreams the night before you have them, your memory of them in the morning should improve.  I tried this last night, with pretty spectacular results.  As far as I can tell, I can remember about 80% of this dream... which is pretty good for me, as I can only normally remember snippets.  I woke up and immediately used Notepad to jot my thoughts down.

Attached is the account of my dream, told in the 10 minutes after I woke up.  It might make little or no sense, but I tried to be as coherent as I could.  Prior knowledge of the film trilogy 'Back to the Future' might be handy, however. :)

[attachment archived by Gobalopper]

• 3 months later...