Cheap tactics!

Ice_Cube

Ixian Infiltrators are not lowsy tactics. Neither are using sardukar, tleixlu, guild, fremen, ordos, atreides, or harkonnen units.

If someone is using ixian infiltrators, kill the infiltrators before they explode. It is not like using the black border with an air drone because in that situation you cannot defend against it.

That's right. There is no cheap tactic, except for using bugs.

If I can win by rushing Infiltrators. I'll do it. If I can win by an engineer drop, I'll do it.

I will do everything to win. As long as it is with the rules

That's right. There is no cheap tactic, except for using bugs.

If I can win by rushing Infiltrators. I'll do it. If I can win by an engineer drop, I'll do it.

I will do everything to win. As long as it is with the rules

Thats right.

Afterall thats what IX infiltrators are for - to penetrate an opponents base without them noticing and destroying key targets.

You can stop IX Infiltrators by placing scouts on the ramps/entrances around your base, together with some units to destroy the pesky robots once they're revealed.

actually, there are several maps on which it is utterly IMPOSSIBLE to stop the Ix of an elite player, even if you are an elite player yourself. because the time it would take to setup a proper Ix defense would not be possible to execute since you'd be otherwise-tied-up while he brings the Ix in as a backup plan

top 5 dirty, under-handed, cheap tactics, in order of their lameness and cheapness:

1. Attacking harvesting in a spice field where you *know* the enemy didn't want his harvestors to go but yet they go to anyhow due to pathfinding bugs which Westwood wanted to (and tried to yet failed) correct, before he has time to defend it.

2. Doing the above with Guild

3. Ix

4. Engineers

5. Rushing an Atreides player in the first 3 minutes, even though you know the early game units of Atreides are grossly underpowered compared to the other Houses. (but thank God, that's why Westwood made the Under 3 Rule ;D)

I have a few things to say in response to Arohk's last post, as well as most other posts in this topic:

1) If it ain't a bug being exploited, then its fair and square.

OK, there is the annoying harvest pathfinding issue... but remember this applies to both players, so overall its still fair.

2) Guild are powerful units... thats why they cost so much - and remember, both players have the choice to use Guild as a subhouse ;)

3) IX are a good subhouse too... and, surprise surprise, BOTH players have the option to select them as a subhouse ;)

4) Engineers.... now, why on earth would WW put Engineers into the game if we're not allowed to use them to capture buildings? .. ;)

A lot of players whine and fume when they've been engie dropped... well, surprise surprise, you actually have to defend your base as well ;) When I play, I spend a small proportion of my economy on perimeter/base defense - the proportion I spend depends on the likelyhood of an enemy engie/unit drop... therefore, i have to keep scouting to check his/her base for clues of engineers/apcs/carryalls, etc and manage my base/defense accordingly. This is part of the game - and if you can't multi-task effectively to ensure your survival, then you're obviously less skilled than your opponent.

5) Atreides are the best house for defense. If an opponent rushes you early game, build a machinegun turret and loads of sandbikes. Also, keep your starting Mino well protected. There you would have a solid early defense...

If anyone had heard of d3kdragon, he was the reputed master of atreides.. and at his time, was able to hold off even the best of rushes.

In the good old days when the ladder was active and full of the best players, there was no time to play nicely or with mercy.... an opportunity was an opportunity - if its in the game, and not a bug exploited, then its legal... and adds to the game's multi-dimensional fun.

No reason to lock this thread just because you think you are right.

It's a simple discussion, and as long as people discuss, there is no reason to lock

1. You may be a little bit right about this. I detected some flaws in the map where the Harvesters would go to unwanted spice fields, however it only happened to me sometimes and with only a few of my Harvesters. So this isn't a big problem.

2. When the enemy has many Guild units, then you should already have a proper defense.

3. Do the same to the enemy, as he/she would do to you.

4. It's quite easy to prevent an Engineer drop. And the game is about preventing the opponent of winning, and making sure you can do some nasty tricks...

5. Machine Gun Posts are indeed one of the best turrets to stop a early rush.

And you can use Kindjal Infantry too

Yep :)

But a lame tactic is pretty much rushing.

I know some houses cant survive without rushing, but c'mon.

Giant quick army comes to destroy your base a few seconds a few seconds after the game starts with hit n run tactics.

Takes all the fun out of the game.

<{ Let's not encurage people how to cheat, we don't want Emp:BFD ending up like WC games now do we ;) }>

I could say the same about Atreides, sitting there camping in your base and building up your forces isn't fun either, i know that it's not like that, but it's about time you people realise that rushing isn't all about making alot of units and attack.

I could say the same about Atreides, sitting there camping in your base and building up your forces isn't fun either, i know that it's not like that, but it's about time you people realise that rushing isn't all about making alot of units and attack.

You could, but at least if YOU build up for a long time,then the other guy can also build up, making equal armies and a nice little clash bash when he attacks you.

And if rushing isn't getting alot of units and attacking, what is it?

For example, the Mino rush--Build 10 minos and rush him

The classic Ordos rush, alot of Dusties, Lasies, and Gas Troops,

And the classic Hark rush, Buzzies and Assaault tanks with some AA infantry.