enemy caryal magnet

Duncan_ghola

I made this tactic up when i was a newbie and havent used it since but someone might, you pick up an enemy harvestor, one filled with spice. you then build a cell in your base to put the harvestor in, once done defend it heavily against caryals which will try to pick it up dont put units close to it beacuse they will try to destroy it and will ignore the caryal which can pick it up faster than you can react. a few problems are, the enemy will see your base because of the harv, and another is if the enemy finaly finds out what your doing he could move the harvestor alittle to prevent it from being picked up, if he does this destroy it and get a new one

the best anti caryal unit to defend is the elite be sure to make the cell so small that it wont be able to move even alittle, so the trick could work.

If this ever spreads more than i expect it to i call this technique the ghola cell.

This is an interesting idea, but not a very helpful one. If you can get your Adv. Carryall in to pick up the Harv, you might as well send in a bunch of units and kill his spice.

The enemy will not really know about your base as long as you don't put the Harv far in. He will know where your base is, so there is nothing to worry about that.

yeah, by me low

i think it was created a year ago but in a different way.A big group of units would wait at a specific area then u bring the harvester there and the units will kill them off,then u move the group away ;)

The point is not to kill harvs, it is to kill all carryalls, so spice will be harvested slowly.

• 1 month later...

S only works on your harvy's right? Because if enemy harvy's stoped when u pressed S you would be controlling a enemy unit :- what i would do is either destroy all harvy's or use anti air to destroy spice.

this tactic has no point whatsoever.

"lets let the enemy see most of my base for no reason!"

that's all it does. where's the strat in that? if you pick up a harvy, you might as well kill it. btw any good player who sees harvies in your base and knows you have defense around them is not gonna waste his units trying to pick them up thru your defense, rather he'd just either forsake those harvies and make new ones, or kill/distract your defense elsewhere on the map before picking them up.

there is only *one* redeeming quality of a tactic such as this, tho i'm sure you've never thought of it when posting: that is, if you wanna take your enemy by surprise then you pick up a bunch of harvies at once and don't kill them in an obvious place. that way, he has no idea wtf just happened to him or what he lost. he may not know that you were picking up harvies. *that* is actually a good strat. but if you were gonna do this then you certainly wouldn't drop them in your base because the huge FOW suddenly dematerializing in your base on his Mini would make it abundandtly obvious what you're doing

note: as always, i speak from a REAL (read: QM) game perspective

THis will slow down his spice production especially in the start and normally most pple don't build any outposts,so its quite hard to detect the "kidnapping" of his harv and if you leave his captive harv there and destroy the rest,a new harv will not be supplied ;)

Are you listening,nav?

At the start, if you build up to the hangar and pump out adv carryalls you're going to be out of cash in no time (more so than your opponent). Also why waste this money taking out his harvesters when you can just harass them with lasers?

if your so able to pick up his havrs and bring them back without a scratch on the carryall i would just send my elite sard over and kill them much quicker includeing killing the harvs with it

But, d3th, the point of this strategy to to keep his harvys from not coming back, if u kill them, the game will replace them in a few minutes. Of course yours also works.

hey duncan, your little "golah cell" technique is pointless. If your going to build a wall in a cell form an expect to pick up an enemy harvester to put it in there, that means you already have an advanced carryall. So why not just pick it up and keep it in the air over your base?

hey duncan, your little "golah cell" technique is pointless. If your going to build a wall in a cell form an expect to pick up an enemy harvester to put it in there, that means you already have an advanced carryall. So why not just pick it up and keep it in the air over your base?

enemy drones and thimgs could kill the advanced carryall.

• 1 month later...

you fools why do you question everything thing i say but you never try it on your own, go ahead and try it against the pc then you can say what you want but try to look at the title before you say idiotic things "enemy caryal magnet" not "stupid harvestor trap thing" the point is to bring their caryals to the security of your base instead of hunting them down. i hope this ends this pointless debate....damn s