A day of infamy (my take on the war)

We all know what happened today. An imperialist megalomaniac defied the will of the United Nations, and invaded an idependent, sovereign nation because he believed it "posed a threat" to him... I wonder, how long until ALL the free nations of the world pose a threat to his murderous ambitions? George Bush has been until now merely an ambitious imperialist. Now, he has become a cowardly murderer. Baghdad is being pounded by volley after volley of cruise missiles, during the night. Baghdad! Is this your military target, Bush? Are these your enemies - women and children?

There are nations in the world who oppose the coming slaughter. They stand firm on their positions. France, Germany and Russia have not and will not accept the murder of innocents. But the problem is, they are doing nothing against it, except protesting. The case should be simple: A member nation of the UN has launched an unwarranted invasion of another country. It is no different from Adolf Hitler's invasion of Poland. Except this time, the international community would rather stand by and watch innocent people get murdered than take action. Had the aggressor been any other, the UN would have immediately imposed sanctions.

It is obvious now that the American Empire can do whatever it pleases, to whomever it pleases. If none of the world leaders can see how dire this situation is, then God save us all.

The power to stop the killings of innocents lies with the American people, and the American people alone... That is why I make an appeal to all reasonable, intelligent Americans who love peace and justice and who do not wish to see any more children die at the orders of the White House. Put an end to this insanity! Vote against Bush next year! Take the murderer down...

Some kind of pathetic cygnet song of pacifism? ;D Don't worry, EdricO, it isn't so bad as you may think. But PLEASE, don't talk about Russia they don't accept war due to possible civilian casualties. Oh my God, look at Groznyj and then tell for many days aimed American attacks on Iraqi military commands slaughteries! Also the France was much more silent than today in 1939. Why? Maybe because they know USA are civilised, not aggressive as Hitler, and fightning just in counter of French market will.

I dont agree with the war either, but I understand the anger people have for saddam. He has special rooms for torture, he loved to place people in baths filled with all types of toxic material. He loved nailing nails into people's skulls as a way of killing. The guy grew up and revolutionary and lived by the sword. Even if this war is wrong, he sowed the wind and reaped the whirlwind. Those that live by the sword will die by the sword.

We didn't surrender then and we bloody well aren't going to surrender now.

Even so, it would be nice if someone would just assassinate Bush please? I'd say Blair too but without Bush he's nothing and if he died we'd have... John Prescott. Eeeeeuuuuuuggggghhhhh...... *shudders*

Of course he's a puppet. Who else could be that stupid? I do wonder who'd be idiot enough to replace him though.

On the other hand, the last thing we want is for him to become a martyr. That's even worse than Prescott...

Bush is useing WMD to

Weapons of mass distraction.

Bush has done nothing about the econemy

absolutly nothing, taxes breaks to the top 3% of the nation do nothing.

He is trying to distract people from his failure as a president

From are failers in capturing Al-Queda.

God Damn I wish we had Gore right now, We wouldnt be in this mess, God damn republican SOBS........did i say that outload...oops

Basically, we got screwed this last presidential run - Gore opposed military and would have stripped it of money and inventory. Bush goes gungho with his bible by his side. This upcoming run will be great if Lieberman can win :)

Edric, I think you exaggerate way too much. First off, there are tomahawk cruise missiles attacking bunkers and leadership sites - also ammo depots. There are no women or children in these military sites, if there are then that's their own damn fault. The streets of Baghdad are deserted of civilians, soldiers populate the streets. Bush gave everybody a chance to get out, if they are still there and die then too bad. This will not be another Vietnam, this is going to be a simple war. We already have air supremacy - now we just use psychological warfare and combination of missile/ground control and it's done.

That's disgusting. Just thought I'd let you know, Ordos. I'm really sorry.

Boy, here I am, jumping into one of the most controversal threads on this place on my first run. This should be fun!

This was is useless. Of course Saddam is awful. BUT, though the leader is wrong, why do we attack innocent people for no reason? We cannot hate Iraq. We can hate Saddam, but hating Iraq will get us nowhere. Bush, I think, hates Iraq. For his daddy. He's trying to succeed where his daddy fell, and therefore prove a name for himself, though by doing this he is only acheiving to give himself a bad name. And there is no way that those were just military bunkers. We may have extremelly good technology, but still! We will miss eventually.

Now on to the money side of it. BUSH CHOSE THE ABSOLUTE WORST TIME! We are in so much debt that it's not even funny! And, since he called the UN useless and went against there wishes, we only have a little support, not enough to pay our debts. AKA Bush made a terrible mistake, and he's not even sorry.

For those of you saying there is no support for this war:

As of today, there are more than 35 countries currently committed to the coalition, and that number is growing. Contributions from nations include direct military participation; logistical, intelligence and political support; specialized chemical and biological response teams; over-flight rights; and humanitarian and other aid.

Nations include -- and this is just a partial list -- Australia, Bulgaria, Hungary, Italy, Japan, the Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Spain, Turkey, United Kingdom. Turkey, of course, today in their parliament, voted to grant over-flight rights to the United States and to the coalition.

It's no accident that many members of this coalition recently escaped from tyranny and oppression and they understand what is at stake in bringing freedom and liberation to the Iraqi people, as the mission of disarmament continues. All told, the population of coalition of the willing is approximately 1.18 billion people around the world. The coalition countries have a combined GDP of approximately $21.7 trillion. Every major race, religion and ethnic group in the world is represented. The coalition includes nations from every continent on the globe. And for this, the President is grateful.

I just hope for one thing: that after this war more people will realise how much Bush screwed up internal affairs. His approval rating at this time is already down to little more over 50 %, and still sinking like the Titanic loaded with the members of Overeaters Anomynous and a neutron star resting on the bow. Peopla are really sick of him, and his own little Axis of Evil of Ashcroft, Rumsfeld, and that other dick, Cheney. No big surprise, cause he didn't really do anything right while in office. Dealing with 9/11 would count I suppose, but he was to obviously twisting it to his own agenda in the end, wich is why his popularity is diving.

Where are you getting that Earthnuker? I heard today it was 60+ support.

I just checked Gallup and they list it at 76% support, 20% no support based on the question, "Do you approve or disapprove of the United States' decision to go to war with Iraq?"

Only 27% believe the US should have waited longer while 70% said now was the time to attack.

So I am curious where you heard it was 50% and dropping.

" it would be nice if someone would just assassinate Bush please?"

I am suprised all of you overlook simple statements like this. I mean geesh, it is never tolerable to assasinate a person. And though george bush is questionable as president, any who say it would be best to assasinate him are fudged up.lol

I saw a poll a while ago that said it was about 56 %, though I'm not sure how old it was. I'll see if I can find it.

You're probably right. Bad times do wonders for popularity ratings.

EDIT

Just remembered, it was at CNN

http://www.cnn.com/2003/ALLPOLITICS/02/27/bush.poll/index.html

And it's from late februari, so slightly dated. Sorry about that.

About that Gallup poll, that was aproval rating for the war, and I said they were sick of Bush.

Iraq has already broken an international law they launched a SCUD...they arent even supposed to have scuds...and scuds are huge..if the inspectors couldnt find them then they probably have something more...and btw Edric if the US was that brutal(killing innocent children and such) then they would have launched a few nukes ok so stop bashing the USA because we are doing what is necessary