Americans re-name French Fries

Heard it on the news while I was on the bus going to TAFE this morning. Frankly, I find it quite immature to rename things like:

Chinese whispers

French fries

etc, etc

To things like:

Liberty whispers

Liberty fries... ::)

Wtf? :P

This decision is one of the most ludicrous and idiotic, IMO. I think the US is getting hyped up and paranoid about the whole idea of anti-terrorism and 'liberty'. Soon, the US will be it's own prisoner. :(

I agree. It gets pretty pathetic when they start doing things like that. It just goes to show how petty people can be, not to mention how easily they can be swayed by the opinions of others (i.e. the news). It seems as though the US is trying to start another Cold War with France.

*Thinks of the movie Canadian Bacon*

I wonder what would happen if someone told these people that breathing was invented by the french. ;)

"Cold War with France"

lol! That is a joke. A funny one too. haha.

the Cold War was based upon fear and power behind threats.

France MIGHT have the power to scare off a few rats from their crusted cheese, but a cold war with France is pretty much impossible unless you are a 1 man island. And even then, you'd have a pretty good chance.

Funny how the "freedom" fries are actually a statement of opression, racism, and contempt for a nation's right to self-determination.

In fact, "freedom fries" go with the "war on terror" right down here:

War is peace, freedom is slavery, ignorance is strength.

naaa, we have no problem with sweden. opposing bush...

Hmm... yes, but that's only political. Take a look on the people, and you'll see how they try (oh, they do!) to stop America in anyway... I gotta get out, yes, I have to! Now!

I wonder: if any of you (americans) ever go to France how will you ask for your "liberty fries"??

And, in my opinion... France is not weak. It has atomic armament, it produces its own weapons and war tachnology, it has some economic strength (quite hard to judge, now that the euro is in), and is strongest feature: culture.

So what they oppose you? So what if they want glory for their own country? Is that wrong? They have that right. If you want to take a stand you'd better prove them wrong, not try those feeble revenes as renaming food. MAN, THAT'S STUPID! Instead of extinguishing the conflict you'll only make it bigger.

bwah, who cares... it tastes and looks the same as before... Even the French said that it's not even French, but from Belgium, so they don't give a shit.. and that's what it should be... How childish.. ooh you won't help us? In that case i'll call your fries Freedom Fries.... whahahah now how does that feel heh?

accually i havent read this whole thread but its only changing the names in a few places, i hope. i mean, come on, who wants a big mac with a large "freedom fry." thats stupid just cause france wont kill sum innocent people theyre changin food. and i live in the US.

"Cold War with France"

lol! That is a joke. A funny one too. haha.

the Cold War was based upon fear and power behind threats.

France MIGHT have the power to scare off a few rats from their crusted cheese, but a cold war with France is pretty much impossible unless you are a 1 man island. And even then, you'd have a pretty good chance.

Best war ever would be France vs Canada ;D