idea

drahgoon

As long as you have the original version it shouldn't be.

oh so i can do it so when i beat the game i can edit it and give it a whole new feel!!! eg new maps, more ixain bases, enemies start out the same way you do

• 1 month later...

More ixian bases?

I thought there was only the House Of Ix?

Are we getting Emperor Battle for Dune mixed up with Dune 2000?

In Dune 2000, there is only 1 Ixian structure, which can be built by all 3 major houses. That's the Ix Research Center, which provides technology upgrades and enables you to build your palace and house specific units, like the Sonic Tank, Devastator, Deviator, etc.

Maybe Smuggler bases?

And backing up original missions prior to modding seems okay to me.

you cant edit the actuall disk i was thinking of copying the contents of the disk to my hd then editing them and then burn it and then i have a new dune 2000

Erm, I meant backing up the original missions that are installed on your HDD.

That way, when you mod them, you can put the original missions back again later, without having to reinstall.

Any you can't copy Dune 2000 either from the disk or from your HDD (legally - ie without a crack).

• 3 weeks later...

first of all there is no lock (on my disk at least) and i was not mixing up emperor with dune 2000 i just meant smugalers i thought they were the same and posted that.

hmmm.. smugglers ..warum smugglers have only refinery two wind traps and sometimes 4spice silos?? smugglers dont have never a construction yard? the mercenaries have CY only 9mission. if smugglers can be accessable to playing in normal trybe, mixing dune2000 with emperor:) hmmm. my idea is more better, i make the maps for dune2000 in best editor from this site, i hange names of maps in missions, create my map and copy to catalog missions, and hange name p.e _h3v2.mis re-change files, and play in game my map, no oryginal :))

Smugglers don't have construction yards.

They Have:

Refinery

Spice Silos 6-9

Windtrap

smugglers have a one. on one of mission atreides, mission 6 or 7. smugglers is only neutral? in harkonnen missions.

i play ordos side, and none of mission dont have things with smugglers??? ??? ???

i like Mercenaries. mercenary have own heavy factory , smugglers have a own starpotr on mission 5 or 6. warum mercenaries dont have a own palace??

in ordos mission 9 type 1, mercenary is estabilished base. i give a 3-4 enginers to mercenaries, and if mercenary dont help me, i capture one of buldings:) if capture the emperors palace, mercenaries specially destroy himbefore my capturin:(( and i destroy mercenary refinery to blocking accessability to build a tanks and purchasing from starport,

NOTE: how block mercenary starport? take the MCV, build own base in mercenaries, sell him, make concrete towheel starport, and build walls, starport dont have exit to units, and starport is blocked, mercenary cannot recevie reinforcements from building:)

smugglers have lower technology, smugglers, dont helping you never. smugglers is enemy or neutral. never friendly for you side...

NOTE: how block mercenary starport? take the MCV, build own base in mercenaries, sell him, make concrete towheel starport, and build walls, starport dont have exit to units, and starport is blocked, mercenary cannot recevie reinforcements from building:)

If you did that in DuneII I thought a carryall came to take the units away, you could build in your startport between other buildings .. kind of strange they didn't keet that feature in Dune2000 ???

If you did that in DuneII I thought a carryall came to take the units away, you could build in your startport between other buildings .. kind of strange they didn't keet that feature in Dune2000 ???

i found a small funny bug in dune2000. the if you build refineries in same time(using trainer) the carryals into dropping harwesters, before flyaway, you can see carryal with harvester on cargo bay, (you dont see shadow of harvester..in time flying carryal)

1)

mercenaries in wars, mercenary have a p.e 3siege tanks 10 l. infantry 13troopers 8combat tanks and 4trikes in small attack of atreides or emperor, send to me messages We're lost too many mans!

2)

merc lost ok 20% of units and without warning has been neutral. how to recover support with mercenaries, in time , when mercenaries has been neutral?