which country will be the new super power?

because they could destroy the western world potentially. They probably wouldnt, but they arent our friend. That makes them an enemy. If an enemy is more powerful than us, than it is a danger to us and our allies.

perhaps, but they are a long way off right now. They have estimated about 500 nukes...not even 10% of the amount the US has. They have poor missle technology- even France has longer range missles than china. they ahve no navy, and no air force. All they really have are ground forces. A LOT of em, lol, but nothing really that poses a major threat to the Americas which are accross the Pacific.

that is why I said earlier. Within a few decades, a very short amount of time if looking at it at a historical bent, they will be superior to us militarily. They do have a large air force and they do have a navy. Dont know where you got that stuff. It isnt that hard to devise long range missles anymore. I would highly doubt the fact that one of the most innovative nations does not have these weapons. If they did, they surely wouldnt tell us.

that is why I said earlier. Within a few decades, a very short amount of time if looking at it at a historical bent, they will be superior to us militarily. They do have a large air force and they do have a navy. Dont know where you got that stuff. It isnt that hard to devise long range missles anymore. I would highly doubt the fact that one of the most innovative nations does not have these weapons. If they did, they surely wouldnt tell us.

their navy is nothing. Some MIG's for an air force but nothing to contend with the US. Their main strenght is on the ground. Missle technology is not easy by any means. accuracy is the main problem

I wouldnt say their airforce is nothing when the new sukkui's start getting sold by russia. The Su-37 is considered the most agile and manuverable. It has the latest in electronics and weaponry. It boasts everything but partial stealth that the f-22 has. if it stood alone with a su 37 though, the su would win. That is common knowledge.

and what can they do to a country 5000 miles away? The United States stealth bomber- now 10 years old at least, can take off from Georgia....bomb bagdad...and land back in Georgia.

nothing China has can do that. THeir fighter jets have to take off close to the US.....out in the ocean somewhere. They don't fear me at all like a long range bomber would

this is a case where first of all, we dont know all of their technological abilities, and second of all. Sheer numbers are key here. usually numbers dont always mean anything. They have millions upon millions of solders.

You twisted someone's words, for which you have been warned, and about which people have got frustrated many times before (and yet you are the one who has blocked Edric). Therefore, I asked you to apologise.

TMA was posting something offtopic; that is why I suggested that he not continue on that line. Ususally, offtopicness happens easily enough from anyone not to warrant apology.

As for the inserts, I tailored my words to him to have best effect on him

Stealth is kinda overrated. All it means is that you can't smell them coming most of the time in our tests- take five years, any given stealth technology will be outdated as better radar systems are developed.

Give me a big, ugly armored Russian gunboat copter any day. Dispenses with all the unnecessaries, just sheer firepower. ;D

Mil Mi-24, NATO code "Hind" is one of the best helicopter designs ever. Armored helicopter able to carry 3 tons of armament including triple 23mm autocannon (Mi-24D/V) and still able to carry about 20 persons. Maneuverability and speed still comparable to AH-64. 335 kph speed with full arsenal, range over 400 km. Excellent craft for infantry troops behind enemy lines, also able to provide quick and powerful fire support for them.

As two old diplomatic sayings about eastern foreign politics:

1.Russia is never so powerful as it looks.

2.Russia is never so weak as it looks.

You twisted someone's words, for which you have been warned, and about which people have got frustrated many times before (and yet you are the one who has blocked Edric). Therefore, I asked you to apologise.

TMA was posting something offtopic; that is why I suggested that he not continue on that line. Ususally, offtopicness happens easily enough from anyone not to warrant apology.

As for the inserts, I tailored my words to him to have best effect on him

the main difference being that TMA broke forum rules and I did not.

Has anyone considered a European country being a superpower but now existing in a unified Euro super state

europe would have to become one nation to be a superpower.

problem is, though, that internally there is an inordinate amount of prejudism and racism. sPerhaps more than anywhere on earth. Somehow Europe would have to overcome that before it could be a single nation.

I'll just ignore your stupid insult for now and focus on the point...

The last time Britain was a superpower it oppressed and enslaved people all across the world. The last time France was a superpower it wanted to conquer Europe (and almost actually did it).

The last time Germany was a superpower... let's not go there.

So I'd rather have a united Europe than a bunch of nationalist genocidal maniacs ruling the world again, thank you.

And what do you mean "there will never be a united europe"? THERE ALREADY IS! All we need to do now is consolidate it and make the final transition towards a federal state.

That will finally ensure peace in our continent. Forever. At long last, dear old Europe will see the end of the bloodshed that marked its entire history!

PEACE! UNITY! How can you not celebrate that?