Generals Mod

Dunenewt

hi,

a lot of practice Chris a lot of practice. But there are a few polys missing where I did it very quick. I took away all of the polys that you wont see (under the body and turret) and completely redid the barrel with only 10 sides (rather than 18) and 1 segment (rather than 4). So thats 16 less polys in the remaining segment (2polys make a rectanle), and 3 lots less of 36 polys (from other segments). (36x3)+16= 124 less polys in just the barrel (if my calculations are correct). These less polys allowed me to make the turret less box like(cheated a bit and missed some polys).

Well, those models look awesome. But how much can you mod... structures and units, ok. But can you mod the landscape too? And i guess worms will not be possible

I hope though you can make a good mod out of it, with some cool units representing the factions. But are you trying to stay close to the book, or close to the games?

We're going to be in between the books and the games.  The games have never before featured Ecaz, Moritani, Hagal, or Richese (unless you downloaded my mods), so we will be looking to the books for inspiration for them but a lot of the other sides units will come from previous games.

Generals will take care of the animation itself.

You must just call the different parts of the tank for specific names.

You find the bone names in the INI file.

Also, please use more than 320 polygons on a tank.

Add more detail so that it's about 400.

Hi, long time no post, i'm a good m8 of dunenewt and have a great little generals multiplayer map i created, which can be used in the mod.

please dl and test - see if u like it.

its only in beta stages and i still need 2 add a few textures.

it flows xcellently and gameplay is great! the only thing, i can't figure the ai attack waypoints. any help wud be greatly appreciated.

its attatched, "Mike's beta 1.zip" Place the unziped file into the maps file in ur generals data of my docs.

i need feedback asap![attachment archived by Gobalopper]

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...