Generals Mod

Dunenewt

I'm thinking about doing light factories andhight tech factories like in Dune 2 and these will be the sides:

Noble houses (replaces US):

Houses (Generals):

Atreides

Ecaz

Ix

Evil Houses (replaces China):

Harkonnen

Moritani

Richese

Imperial Houses (replaces GLA):

Corrino

Hagal

Tleilax

hi,

um chris I think you need to up the polys in some areas of the buildings and lower them in others. You might also want to try making different shapes, the pentagonal prisms for pilars, instead of the boring cuboids. With some of the rings you've got there you can lower the polys by only giving it about 8 or 10 sides, remember you'll never see them that close, also you can get rid of polys that are underneath, as you only ever see the buildings and units from the top.

hi,

don't worry Chris, I was like that when I first started modeling. This Laguna (supposedly) index.php?action=dlattach;topic=8616.0;id=334

was the first model I made. Now after about 6 months I can make a lot better mid poly models like the rocket buggy,

index.php?action=dlattach;topic=8616.0;id=335

and I'm a modeler for Second Wave (Im not advertising, honest

hi,

thanks Chris. The tank looks pretty good, you could add a few more details in though, and the skin could use a bit of work (as could the mapping). Sorry, I haven't read the whole topic (I'm too lazy) what type of ideas are you looking for?

I haven't got any unused models atm, and I don't intend on doing any more models untill after the GCSEs. Afterwards I may be able to do some things for you.

hi,

no I haven't played e:bfd before. *ducks all things thrown at him*

How about.... a giant worm ;). Seriously though, as I've never played it before some of these may already be in the game in one shape or form or may just not be possible.

1) A hovertrain system between allied bases, getting money each time it stops at a station, kind of like that seen in Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds (and I think Age of Empires). Thank Bussy for that idea.

2)A tank that can 'light up' an area for some kind of attack (Boris style).

3)A mobile shield generator, protecting the units in its area.

That's all I can think of for now. Please tell me what you think (and if they're alredy in game etc.).

Hehe, the giant worm...i guess you know somethings about e:bfd then.  Yeah Buzzy explained that idea to me as well and we were trying to think about ways to get it to work.

Idea 2) is possible I think, I'll do some research over at deezire.net and Idea 3) is possible using a modified version of a speaker tower.

We aren't remaking E:bfd as we are going to be adding sides which weren't in it and im not sure there is code for some the units in emp.