Generals Mod

Dunenewt

does it seem easy to mod? as easy as emperor? i may buy it, but i am kinda short on money now, so i think i will wait like i did for warcraft 3 and get it when it is cheaper :). Oh, does anyone know the 3d model format yet? I hope it isn't like the XBF format, that took forever to get found out.

1. Have you ever modded Armada 2? It's a lot like that. A little more difficult than EMP, but there's so much more you can do.

2. It uses the W3D format. Oddly enough, the Renegade W3D editor works fine.

yes the 3D format can even be edited in 3Dstudio max. Its harder than emperor in some ways and easier in others. Anyone worked out how to add units yet ???.

3ds Max!? I need to get it then, so anders can make some awesome models for a mod ;D.

lol sure.

ok lets add a duplicate of the GLA Rebel

first go to factionunit.ini and find and copy the whole entry for GLAInfantryRebel.

Paste it below and rename it to, say GLAInfantryMyunit (thats the "object" string, the very first part of the unit entry). Edit anything else you want like health or speed and weapon (in locomotion and weapons.ini). Then save factionunit and open up commandbutton.ini. find command_constructGLAInfantryRebel and copy this whole entry, paste it and rename it so its called command_constructGLAInfantryMyUnit. then change the "object" here to GLAInfantryRebel. Finally save this and open up commandsets.ini and find the GLAbarracks command set. here add the line= "8 = Command_ConstructGLAInfantryMyUnit". It should look like the below:

CommandSet GLABarracksCommandSet

1 = Command_ConstructGLAInfantryRebel

2 = Command_ConstructGLAInfantryRPGTrooper

3 = Command_ConstructGLAInfantryTerrorist

4 = Command_ConstructGLAInfantryAngryMob

5 = Command_ConstructGLAInfantryHijacker

6 = Command_ConstructGLAInfantryJarmenKell

7 = Command_UpgradeGLARebelCaptureBuilding

8 = Command_ConstructGLAInfantryMyUnit

11 = Command_SetRallyPoint

12 = Command_Sell

End

hope this works for you.

Well looks like you've got the different races sorted but are you sure we could work out different units for ALL of them. And I kinda thought we should work the sword masters of Ginaz into it some how. They could be almost like mercenaries but not working for the more evil races. With say Duncan as a hero unit. And also what could we do for power, I really didn't like the weatwood way of using windtraps, there must be something else to use.