Site Updates

Gobalopper

Good News!

If this hosting will be on a permanent basis may I suggest to merge some subforums like 'general'?

At ubuntuforums.org they are implementing stop forum spam ip ban list. Maybe this would help with the spammers.

Completely useless. Most don't have a static IP and anyone can create a new email address in a snap. Starting to block IPs will lead to blocking almost all IPs!

[colour=#005FFF]Viewing new content is now a little confusing, as these new "The Terminal" boards share the same name for their General Discussion board... namely "General". There's no way, at a glance, to tell which is which.

While I'm sure that the F9 Diesel is far too powerful for us mere mortals, I don't necessarily care. :P[/colour]

[colour=#005FFF]Viewing new content is now a little confusing, as these new "The Terminal" boards share the same name for their General Discussion board... namely "General". There's no way, at a glance, to tell which is which.

While I'm sure that the F9 Diesel is far too powerful for us mere mortals, I don't necessarily care. :P[/colour]

Hmm, maybe rename terminal General and add a prefex such as "T General" or something. Temporarily can figure out by hovering over "General" (in view new content page) and

http://forum.dune2k.com/index.php?/forum/6-general/

6-general is fed2k

http://forum.dune2k.com/index.php?/forum/44-general/

44-general is terminal

EDIT:

oh, I see, terminal has 3 "General" boards. Yah, that could get confusing.

Maybe:

RT3General - Railroad tycoon 3 general board

RT2General - Railroad tycoon 2 general board

RTGeneral - Railroad tycoon general board

Just some weirdness: I went to "Manage Friends" to send a message to one of my friends and when I clicked the mail icon next to their name it tried to send the message to me. I basically just had to click on their name and send the message through the button under their picture. I'm not complaining, exactly, it's just silly that clicking the mail icon tries to send a message to the user who's doing the sending.

Another forum I'm visiting uses the same software as the new FED2k, and it switched to a default skin similar to ours, so I've been able to make some comparisons. First off, the overly broad margins I've complained about earlier seem to be a standard issue (at least, I have them in both forums), but I'm more or less okay with them now. The only noticeable deficiency of the forum look so far is the screwed-up menu in the forum header (see attachment).

post-1290-0-18744300-1303291257_thumb.pn

I totally agree with that.

BTW, I just noticed that I am able to vote for my own posts (that plus/minus option in the bottom right corner). Surely it's not supposed to be that way?

If you try I think you get an error message, from my experience with IPB.

Edit: nope, but thats easy to fix.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

Aww, sorry, I just don't have the time to clean up that mess. It's not simply full (100 out of 100 messages), it's overloaded with about 180 messages because after the switch to the new forum engine, all (or most) of my messages in both inbox and outbox that I've deleted have come back. Many of the messages have sentimental value, and I'm sort of reluctant to delete them. I've discovered an option to send a copy of a "conversation" (now that individual messages are organized in conversations) to my e-mail address, but that also takes some time. I'll try to fix this as soon as possible, but that would require quite some time to do so.

Aww, sorry, I just don't have the time to clean up that mess. It's not simply full (100 out of 100 messages), it's overloaded with about 180 messages because after the switch to the new forum engine, all (or most) of my messages in both inbox and outbox that I've deleted have come back. Many of the messages have sentimental value, and I'm sort of reluctant to delete them. I've discovered an option to send a copy of a "conversation" (now that individual messages are organized in conversations) to my e-mail address, but that also takes some time. I'll try to fix this as soon as possible, but that would require quite some time to do so.

I had the same problem when forum changed over. Good luck with it. :P