Site Updates

Gobalopper

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

[colour=#005FFF]I've noticed over the past few days that the "View New Content" link at the top right of the Forum Index no longer works properly. Even though there are clearly new posts in several different boards across FED2k, clicking the link results in a simple "Sorry, no new content found" message.

I use this area to check up on everything that's been posted since I was last online, so it's pretty essential to how I browse FED2k. Any idea what's going wrong?[/colour]

Isn't working for me either so might be a bug. I'm patching the forum software to a new version once the skin we use has been updated by the author. Hopefully that will be soon and we'll see if it is fixed once that has been deployed.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So it looks like it might be some time before the skin we use for IP.Board is upgraded to work with the latest version of the software. Which means I can't upgrade to fix some of the bugs we've been having. What do people think of this skin?

http://www.ipbforumskins.com/premade/uniform/

Colors would be different obviously but I like the look of it.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've updated the forum software to the latest version and installed a new skin that works with this version as the old one still isn't updated.

You can customize the color by clicking on the little palette icon in the top right. I still have some customizations to work but let me know what you think so far. It does seem a lot faster than before but maybe that is just me.

On firefox 7.0.1 and chrome 15, both using adblock, I cannot post at all. No text field to input (both quick reply at bottom of page and full reply page).

Not sure what is being blocked. And it doesn't even look like anything is being blocked.

Disabled adblock on chrome and able to post this. Also disabling adblock on firefox works. But it says nothing was being blocked. :/

http://i.imgur.com/N7mEk.png

I had adblock disabled and wouldn't allow me to post for a minute (same problem as before), so might not be adblock specific.

For those wondering, you change the theme at bottom left of any page.

I noticed in profile there is a "custom title" option. Not sure if this does anything, but I assume we want hardcoded titles for post count as before.

Still having difficulty posting.

ip.board mobile seems to work best (maybe normal ipboard as well).

I miss the old forums more and more each day.

With that said, the "View New Content" link now works correctly, and (like Andrew) I was also having trouble seeing the quick-reply option, but it's looking alright now.

How do you set a custom colour with BBCode this time? Do you just need to re-add the [ colour ] alias, or is there some new form that I need to learn?

Congrats Nyerguds on 1000 posts!

Yay!

I've switched to the Animate skin, it seems to work so far. Nice to see you've got rid of those unnecessarily wide "pillars" on the sides of the screen :)Edit: Hmm, a few notes though. First off, when I tried to edit my post and switched to full editor mode in Animate, I got a blank screen instead of the text field (I guess it's the same thing as noted above by the others).I changed the skin to Infinite Dark, and now I can edit my post in full editor mode, but the original text is presented in HTML syntax, not with simplified BBCode tags. Should it e this way? Kind of unusual.

Yay! 1000 posts :)

And yes, seems to work now :)

Huh, pressing More Options still seems dodgy though. One time I got nothing at all, the other time I got... raw html? :|

[edit]

And it seems the smileys aren't working.

By the way, is there supposed to be a rich text editor of some sort? Because I don't get anything like that. Also, when I edit the post, I get, once again, raw html.

[edit again]

And now it does show the rich text editor. Huh. Seems dodgy. I'd say it was a caching issue, if the previous time I came here wasn't at work. This browser had never opened the upgraded forum until now.

[edit yet again]

The Edit button is even inconsistent in either giving Quick Edit or redirecting me to the Edit page. And the rich text editor itself, when it loads, sometimes removes all line breaks in the post.

Right now I'm on the Edit page, looking at a bbcode post, so I assume the rich text editor loaded to filter it out. However, none of the rich text controls are visible.

Really dodgy stuff...

I'm using the latest version of Opera, btw.

• Upvote 1