Re: Lockup issues! Post here please

Nyarlathotep

I haven't completely finished the site yet, but there's enough info to go on for now.

It's still being updated almost daily..

www.xs4all.nl/~sascho

I hope it helps you to find the summary more easy :D

"Doc" Nyar...

[This message has been edited by Nyarlathotep (edited 02-22-2002).]

hmm you know what i'm going to tell now, i can't install emperor maybe because my other drive is slow, or my computer still looks at my other drive.

ps. my other disk drive wil close when i open it maunually and then chut down my computer so there's nothing stuck.

hmm what changed lets see this changed: i have patch 1.09 (still haven't removed it yet) , mappacker with some maps , mappacks , accounts , installed ra2 (it sucks) , gotten patch of ra2 (still sucks) i think that was it.

should i remove everything that was related to emperor like the patch, mappacker?

Guest cmoore4

Hi there,

Let me start by saying that I don't currently play EBFD (although it's on my list of "to buy"). But I might just be able to help out here. I have been having a problem playing Diablo II. Sometimes the game works great, other times it's so slow it has trouble tracking the mouse and it's unplayable. I've always been able to fix it by rebooting. Tonight that happened to me and before I rebooted I did a Ctrl-Alt-Del to get the Task Manager up and see what was running. Then I rebooted and did it again to see what was different. I found one program running when I was lagging that wasn't running right after boot - Hp_finder.

So I did a search on the web for hp_finder so see what this thing is and I get a hit here on this message board. Seems that Cylor856 is having lag problems in EBFD and he's got Hp_finder running.

By the way, I'm also on an HP Pavilion PC, and I'm running Windows ME.

Cylor856 - still have the problem? Can you try killing off Hp_finder and see if that fixes it? I'll be experimenting with that too, as well as trying to figure out what it is.

Guest cmoore4

I take it back. :-( I just had the lag problem and hp_finder is not running. I still suspect something HP-ish is going on here. Just don't know what.

calm down ken doc should be back by sunday.... i hope.... he said a week starting on sunday and that was on 22nd so hopefully he will be back on 3rd... and he can give Ghost and EdricO a hand with the lock up issuses with the mod. yea yea!!!

ok Nyar,

Dont laugh at me about this ;)...

Ok i dont know much about computers. My problem is that when i get to the connecting process when starting a game Emperor freezes and i cant get out of it. When i bring up rask manager it says that the program is not responding. ACElethal said it could be my virtual memory and that i need more megs of RAM.

...I hate to say it but i dont know what you want me to do as far as the Easy EA.txt file.

last i think i will just tell you a few things about my computer.

~Intel Celeron 766 mhz

~191 megs of ram

~ 20 GB HD

Elite47