Re: Lockup issues! Post here please

Nyarlathotep

Installed XP last night. Now I can get into Emperor but it seems like the menus are replaced with different rgb values (everything looks like a flowerpower-image). The videos are running flawless though. Will generate a report asap.

Cool, keep me updated. I have seen that problem before though.. I just can't remember who had it and what he did to solve it..

To the others, I'm following some training, hence the fact I can't do much troubleshooting right now, but I will get back to you all.. Just keep the thread updated..

"Doc" Nyar...

btw Radar, what driver version do you have for your videocard ? If you have 23.11, please try and download driver version 22.80. 23.11 is known to have some issues with XP..

Note: your EASy file won't come out right, due to XP..

[Edit: Dxdiag should be a good source for info on drivers "Start => Run => type there dxdiag"]

"Doc" Nyar...

[This message has been edited by Nyarlathotep (edited 02-05-2002).]

Lauden, try the following when installing EBFD:

Close all programs that you have open.

1) Delete all files that you have in your temp folder

2) Then set your Windows configuration to a default VGA or SVGA driver, then try installing the program again. If EBFD installs successfully, change the video driver back to its previous setting

"Doc" Nyar...

Well i`m actually using 23.12 - seems to work fine with all games and software. Here`s the dxdiag info:

------------------

System Information

------------------

Time of this report: 2/6/2002, 15:34:48

Machine name: Radar

Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) (2600.xpclient.010817-1148)

Language: English (Regional Setting: Norwegian (Bokm

Gobalopper, do you remember a program that would make less use of the CD rom ?

I know I've seen Redonblue's problem before, but can't find the info on it anymore (most of the old posts have been deleted, at least I can't open them anymore). I believe his problem is related to the safedisk thingy..

Thanks in advance.

[Edit: Redonblue, did you try to remove the 128mb memory stick ? If so, how did it go ?]

"Doc" Nyar...

[This message has been edited by Nyarlathotep (edited 02-06-2002).]

When I run Emperor the logo videos and the intro video runs just fine, but when I get to the meny it all looks weird, like on the screenshot.

I've seen that before, 100% sure, but I just can't remember who had it (or did to solve it) *slaps himself*...

If I remember correctly, it had something to do with videodrivers.. I'm just trying to remember if it was due to the 23.xx drivers or not.. Did you try the 21.83/22.80 drivers ?

Anyone here on the forum, look t the pic and tell me if you were the one that suffered that problem and above all, what did you do to solve it ??

Thanks in advance, it's apprecciated !

"Doc" Nyar...

Thanks for at least trying Radar.

:(

What happend with Westwood Tech support ?

btw.. I admire your patience for getting this prob resolved.. Even just for that Westwood is in debt with you !

Lauden, did you get any reply from Westwood tech support ? If not, email me your reference number at respect_30@hotmail.com

"Doc" Nyar...