House KYA and House Setara War

ordos45

Lord Ronta had organized a meeting on Ix with their respected leaders to gain access to new technology. A new kind of armour. This armour was very compressed and very light. This Quantum armour was still being tested but had yielded impressive results. Such armour might give Ronta and HOuse Sieva the edge they needed to win against the Sardaukar and other enemies.  

"My people in security just called me on my comlink. What's plan B, Ordos45? You should know better than to try to relay messages to the outside, i have this place bugged all over. oh well, i suppose it doesnt matter. Friends you dont understand my logic! The great houses are sufficient by themselves, we need no empire. We will be ruled by a galactic congress. elected by the peoples of the universe. Our rulers shall not be chosen by birthright, but by democratic election. Thinking machines are a threat, but they have amazing possibilities. We can make armies of robots which can be destroyed with no human casualities. Space travel would be much easier, navigation could be done by computers with advanced starmaps, not mutant people. I don't know why you are so opposed!" Duke Shunk tries to gain respect from his fellow leaders. "i just feel we should look back to the golden days of earth. That is my goal."

"I agree with shunk,"I state out loud" I mean a congress where the leader of each house is a congress(wo)men and they make disicions by vote." i press a button on my communicator. My flag ship, the albion, opens a large door .Out of the door comes a device that looks like a large tank. The device has some hatches open and out come legs, two more hatches opens and it sprouts thrusters.Then a cockpit comes up, my machine is now complete.(it is an armed device with no ammo ok and the wep system is not in staled,oh and it is my new mech I wanted to try its walking ability.  

"what was that about trh? are you trying to impress us or scare us? Oh well, moving on. We shall now discuss the importance of spice and what will happen when it runs out. It will eventually run out. Our removal of biomass from the ecosystems of spice-bearing planets will eventually cause the spice cycle to dwindle and eventually end. I feel Reverend Mother Tia might have something to say."

Revrend Mother Tia stands and begins to speak," You know as well as I as long as the worms live there will be spice."

I interrupt," I have thought about that question Duke Shunk.  From now on every group of citizens and military personell scattered from Setara Prime will take a load of sandtrout from Setara Beta with them.  The infinite numbers game, infinte spice bearing planets within decades."

Tia finishes her speech by saying," And that what you suggest, stop harvesting the spice will lead to the deaths of billions upon billions and destabilize most of the Imperium!"

I begin to speak again," Duke Shunk you asked of plan B?  Plan B is that none of us leave this planet without some sort of treaty."

One of the guards at the ship decides to put on a demonstration and lets the ornithopters launch and do an air show for the citizens of Kaitain.

Meanwhile I speak again," Duke Shunk, the robotic armies you suggest is part of the reason for the Butlerian Jihad!  No matter how well you program them they will eventually gain freedom.  They will copy their programming and spread like wildfire."

I sit down, as does the Reverend Mother Tia, our postures oddly similiar.

I acept your allience. but if there is treachery you will pay with your head. but untill then welcome to the KYA allience  :).

now let us continue with the meeting.

I stand up once more.

"I agree with ordos 45. Yes you all heard right I agree.

we cant have thinking machines. they will break there programing and kill us all. They nearly wiped us out. We can not alow that to happen once more. this discusion is closed thinking machines are to remain band. now let us move on to the topic of no-ships. and nova bombs

The Lord Ronta thanks you for accepting his alliance. The new hover technology doesn't have anything to do the Holtzman field effect. Doesn't atttract worms. It can go anywhere as I said but needs to use it's air shield on airless planets. The air shield is use energy to just hold in air. anything eles can basically get in. The hover technology is simple. Based from the ancient times of Earth. It uses air to hover and has a special classified pump system. IT can't get clogged up. The designs also have thrusters to improve performance. All units have shields that can be turned off.

Our first design is our light version. Unbelieveably fast it is at least 3 times faster than a sand worm. However it's armour is weak although it can take a few hits. Only carries las guns. because of no recoil. Carries smoke screens Name: Wind Scout

Name: Annihilator. Thanks to hover technology it achieves 25 km/h but is very expensive and weighs 10 tons. This unit is armed 4 plasma cannons, 4 las gun mounts, projectile rockets, missiles, and even old machine guns if ever needed.

Carries smoke screens. This unit has 5 tons of armour. It also has some protection against lasguns. Making it almost invulnerable. Only a specially designed carryall can carry it as this unit is so heavy. It's fire power can kill worm. Not that'll attract any. :)

I send ExAtreides 40 Annihilators and 100 wind scouts.

Lord Ront was having a good time. But there were others in this conflict or who remained neutral. They would show profitable alliances. Until then he would boost security. None of his technology ever was ever will be stolen except in case of when the opponent takes over the planet and gets to the heavily fortified bunkers.  

(Ex is in charge fo the Fremen.  I have the Bene Gesserit Sisterhood.  Fedaykin-Sandwalker has the Guild, Sardaukar, and Ix.  The Tlielaxu are refugee terrorists and belong to whoever types them at the time.)

The air show continues without a problem.

House Sieva is a very small but rich house. And their military is amazing for the population ratio. With only a population of 10 billion House Sieva is small. But the good thing is evry single person of house is Loyal and can't betray us. Downside is a small population. Because of our small military we make it as strong as possible with tech and superiority. Their fighting skills match Fremen Fedaykin but our military is 100 miliion soldiers. Not a lot compared to others which is why we use a lot of tech to protect us and give alliances.

Also we have developed a new harvester for the spice. It uses the hover tech and is basically a really fast harvester with weaponry (las guns). This harvester is 4 times more effecient than the standard harvester carries 5 times as musch unloads 20 times quicker and can escape worms and not attract them and is avaliable to all for sale. We send 4 such gifts to Exatreides in the hope he will one day rule arrakis and keep it. No ship tech has beengiven to these and we expect smugglers to welcome such an addition to their activities on Dune. We hope for profit for our House!

thanks i can already see you will be a great allie . you might want  to tone down your military down a bit. no one here has that. so just tone it down a bit.

um fed only controls 39% of ix I control the rest. i seized it from Mr. jones a while ago. and gave the guild 39%

Nova bombs if is sufficent numbers could destroy planets. They would be as devastating as atomics. If atomics should be banned so should nova bombs.

NO ships should be banned only if every one agrees not to attack ships carrying civilians, the ships carrying civilians may not be stopped but may not do anything that helps their house and also the guild charges less rates to stop people using no ships. NO ships are a cowardly way to attack

Lord Ronta knew spice controlled the universe. With one new source apart from arrakis, arrakis would become useless. But if someone controlled both sources of spice there would be problems. Why not make my own version of Dune. The planetary moon number5 would do. With less water than arrakis it would be perfect. But Ronta needed 10 worms and a lot of sand trout. There were smugglers to be used.

House Sieva would have to prepare for war. It was gonna happen with the emperor raving about thinking machines. Start mass producing units now! I want everything in top shape. Assign 75% of our forces to guard our planet. If someone attacks use all force against them. Use nukes against enemy tanks, ships but not on people them selves. Mobilise the other 25% and send them to arrakis for the meeting with me for protection