Turrents: Which house?

Fremen_Mentat

Hidden, in case lowzeewee wants to reply for himself, or you want to get HIS opinion. But here's my method. ^-^

[hide]Pop one up next to units that have barely any life left. One gas shot and pow!! ^-^

Otherwise, use it against infantry or severely damaged LIGHT units that have only just survived getting through the line(s) of defence that your base undoubtedly has (or should I say, had). ;D[/hide]

well, i guess i agree with lowzee. Gas turrets may be worthless vs. vehicles. but they are as good vs. infantry as those little gas men are... and they have a very long range making it possible to kill all infantry, except for the mortar i think

no... but neither can the gas trooper..

that is a bad argument... the gas turret damages multiple unit in one shot, and while the flameturret kills them quickly, the gas turret does it over long range, and it is strong enough to withstand some infantry fire

no... but neither can the gas trooper..

1. the gastrooper is good against light tanks.

2. the gastrooper is good against buildings.

3. the gastrooper never misses his shots.

4. the gastrooper is a perfect rushing unit.

5. the gasturret can miss his targets quite easily.

6. the gasturret doesn't do much damage against building nor light tanks.

7. the gasturret doesn't fire very fast.

ok, it does suck more vs. vehicles.. but you can say whatever you want, the gas trooper isn't worth it's money vs. vehicles either.

And yes it can miss, but that is only when very small groups of infantry run by from the turrets maximum range. If the group is medium to large sized, the turret will do major damage. And even though it doesn't fire very fast, it has a good area of effect damage

Despite being an Ordos player I find the Ordos turrets hopelessly inadequete (spelling?) compared to the turrets of the other two houses.

Gas Turret: Long range, but that's not much good if it can't hit anything. Close or far. Good only for picking off the occasional scout. Atreides Machine-gun far better for infantry.

Pop-Up Turret: Great firepower, but weakly armoured and slow to re-load.

Both turrets have no AA abilities whatsoever...

I think best (or at least, most useful) turret is Harkonnen Machine-gun one. That's not it's name I don't think but you know which one I mean... the only Harkonnen turret that isn't Flame. It has AA capabilities, works against infantry and vehicles. Great stuff. Of course that doesn't stop me playing Ordos, it just makes it more interesting...

• 2 weeks later...