yes, even veterans need help...

rogue1896

believe it or not, i need some help. ::)

*waits for laughter to die down*

alright, now i need someone to teach me, preferably show me some attack patterns and ideas for ordos. that's my main problem. one of the only ones i've ever had. i can defend pretty well, i can hold my own in a standoff, but once i get past that i can't do a damn thing. any kobras i have get mauled by fedaykin, my fremen snipers get mauled down but snipers or other units of the like, my laser tanks etc. etc. I think you get the idea. no offense to some of you more inexperienced fighters, but i'd rather someone with more knowledge of the game to show me.

thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

believe it or not, i need some help. ::)

*waits for laughter to die down*

alright, now i need someone to teach me, preferably show me some attack patterns and ideas for ordos. that's my main problem. one of the only ones i've ever had. i can defend pretty well, i can hold my own in a standoff, but once i get past that i can't do a damn thing. any kobras i have get mauled by fedaykin, my fremen snipers get mauled down but snipers or other units of the like, my laser tanks etc. etc. I think you get the idea. no offense to some of you more inexperienced fighters, but i'd rather someone with more knowledge of the game to show me.

thanks in advance.

wel, if your attacking its wise to bring an combination of kobra's/mortar infantry/fedaykins/snipers and sardaukar elite, this combination works wel against harkonen and ordos but not against atreides, give them enough time and your dead ;) wel, except if you have a lot of guild niab tanks ;)

as far as i can tell, unless you rush early in the game or ely a lot on subhouses, ordos will lose out later on in a game. If youre fighting ordos use hundreds of dusties and some eits's maybe. I always find it harder to play against hark than atreides as Ordos as lasertanks arent as effective (you cant dodge an assault tank shot). As for atreides, if youre good enough then laser tanks beat minos most of the time but watch out for feds and sardelites.

1. If youre fighting ordos use hundreds of dusties and some eits's maybe, ORDOS, if youre fighting ORDOS, ordos dont get minos and assaults last time i checked.

2. this is true, the assaults range is 7 and the lasers is 10, however because the shot is "conceptual" it isw impossible to dodge if you do come into range by accident.

3. atreides is not tougher for ordos than hark, minos are easily dodged by lasers, sandbikes dont match up to dusties (except theyve got 100 more health.. big wow, dusties regenerate) mongooses missile can be escaped from if you attack from max range with lasers and then run. ormithopters are no where near as dangerous as gunships. missiles fired by atr turrets can be escaped and can only fire at 1 target at a time, whereas hkgunturrets use conceptual bullets and can fire at several targets in 1 volley.

1. the assault tank turns slowly.

2. the assault tank only destroys the shield.

3. ordos can't do anything when facing minotaurs + kindjals + snipers + airdrones + mongeeses, you may be saying "yeah but lasertanks own minotaurs" but they don't own kindjals, EIT's may own an minotaur horde when its used in groups but they don't "own" airdrones. Good multiplayer people use combinations of units, they don't send in just a minotaur, or a sandbike.

lol yes but if the enemy has an army like that ordos will never win as it must be a later period of the game, and ordos HAS to ruch early cos the cant hold their own later. Besides thats irrelevant as you could equally say the same about a hark combination.

quote: 2. the assault tank only destroys the shield.

so basically like almost every weapon in the game then... ::)

and it doesnt turn that slowly, it turns at half the speed of a dustscout.

If you are playing Ordos v Ordos and are using lots and lots of dustscouts, they will be easily killed by several Kobras.

Laser tank beats assault easily with the hit'n'run tactic, cause the tank is so slow. Same with the mino - you can just circle it and it will never hit the laser.

In later games Ordos can hold its own with walls of Kobras and lots of Laser tanks. One can also use EITS to destroy enemy buildings. The only problems will be gunships and drones which can be destroyed by massed AA troopers.

they can survive, yes but not as easily as the other two houses.

Quote:If you are playing Ordos v Ordos and are using lots and lots of dustscouts, they will be easily killed by several Kobras.

not really, kobras are far more expensive to build and take a lot longer, kobras need to deploy to fire and arent massively effective against fast moving units that have a short firing range. Also the idea is you build lots of dusts, rush, hopefully win and camp in front of the factory and then use some mortars etc to take out the buildings when you can. Im not alone in this theory either, indeed check emprworms site which also says this.

quote: Laser tank beats assault easily with the hit'n'run tactic, cause the tank is so slow. Same with the mino - you can just circle it and it will never hit the laser.

I agree, im just saying that its easier to beat a mino with a laser than to beat an assault (presuming that its a group of assaults or a group of minos, for cost and buildtime theres gonna be more assaults than minos).

Could you people stop bragging about your strategies.

1. No, harkonen combinations are easy for ordos, mortars + kobra's + lasertanks + dustscouts wil own almost every harkonen combination.

2. It takes more skill to destroy an minotaur then an assault tank, i'm not saying that they're difficult to destroy, with minotaurs you have to circle around, with an assault tank you could just click on it, wait til it fires and click away, easy.

3. appolyon, i don't think you've played alot of games online, since kobra's DO own dustscouts, and if they're in groups THEY OWN THEM EVEN MORE!! they have splash damage, meaning that tey wont hit 1 target but multiple, an dustscout may be fast but shooting in the middle of an large group wil always hit.

Dustscouts are weak against kobra's, kobra's are strong against dustscouts.

quote from "the strat shack": If you are playing against all ordos, I have two words for you: DUST SCOUTS. Here is a rule of thumb for an all ordos game: whoever wins the dust war, wins the game. Thats it!! If your opponent goes for laser tanks, he will be dead as a doornail. If he goes for kobra, he will be flattened like a pancake. Making fremen? He's a goner. Making guild? He will be dead long before he ever gets guild.

2. not imo, speaking individually, probably it is easier to destroy 1 assault, but if theres a group of them, theres going to be more assaults than minos. Saying that killing either of them is pretty easy.

quote: Lol, yeah you can. Assault tank moves slow, so before it even starts to fire, you can move out of the way.

yes but once the assault does fire you cant dodge, unlike a mino.