House ordos ...

technocrat

its way more complicated than that

the way the shield works is to deflect things that travel at a certain speed so that only slow moving objects (blades and such) might penetrate. Laser weapons dont bounce off instead they cause nuclear meltdown due to the holtzmann effect.

In the Butlerian Jihad it tells you how they got the shield, and what it did. I won't bother to look up the page, but it's mid-to-end. Think of the shields from Stargate SG-1, which were ripoffs from Dune anyways, and they couldn't touch the wearer with bullets but they shot an arrow and went straight in, which wouldn't happen in Dune.

well, the energy shield would render many things useless. but look:

Energy shield will require energy input, If you shoot enough stuff at it, it overloads. boom

EMP, emp== no more shields

concusion weapons, make mashmellow out of shielded target

tank tracks, sqash

fancy scifi quatum weapons, tunnel though space into the shield, and spash !

there are a billion way to defeat the shiled without knife.

May I ask you a simpel question?

DO YOU KNOW ANY THING ABOUT DUNE AT ALL!?!?!?!?

It dosn't seem that way to me.

Maybe they had no idea to make something like it. About House Ordos - even their homeworld is "unknown". So maybe they were over any action. Tleilaxu (Ordos biggest ally - or servant) invaded Ix. Emperor wanted artificial spice. Why? Ordos lost any chance of conquering Dune, so they changed Emperor with a perfect ghola and attacked Ix to gain technology. There they remained. Remember Leto II and arafel? God Emperor crushed all Ordos plans, so they were trying to end with it once at all. I'm sure Hwi Nori was their spy. Or saboteur...

Teeth are lighter than metal, but I don't think it's stronger. Steel can cut tooth. When you would block a metal dagger attack, it would break the kris. And if we imagine steel after 25 millenias... Of course, Shai-Hulud can have also harder teeth. Also, what is in Dune said about armor? I don't remember nothing from FH's books, maybe there was something in prequels?

And, off-topic, why you write "crys" when every dictionary shows "kris"?

Clovece, ved je to jedno.

I ment adamantion one of the best armor metals from Master of Orion II, but also if you'll have nice granit shirt, kris won't penetrate it. Really.

Just steel armor would work fine, but you still can't protect your head, unless you wear full mail and even then it can just be taken off.

Clovece, ved je to jedno.

I ment adamantion one of the best armor metals from Master of Orion II, but also if you'll have nice granit shirt, kris won't penetrate it. Really.

Just steel armor would work fine, but you still can't protect your head, unless you wear full mail and even then it can just be taken off.

Hello, that is not a middle age knight's full plate, that is a year 10000AD full plate, I mean, you can't just take it off !