House ordos ...

technocrat

But to bash effectively with something heavy, you need to make enough kinetical energy with speed, and in little area between shield and armor it's impossible to gain such speed. Also full plate armors aren't on naked body but also thick quilted vest, which softens hard hits. Anyway, I was surprised they don't use pikes. At least it wasn't mentioned.

Pikes are basicly defensive weapons, they are ment to keep the enemy away from you. Chinese and Japanese pike weapons, were both offensive and defensive.

But just the thought of a Sardaukar holding a halberd from the middle ages. Hahaha....

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=adamantine&r=3

If you could melt Diamond or stone, you could pour in the liquid substance in a some kind of stamp and make a plate armor or helmet.

Pikes are basicly defensive weapons, they are ment to keep the enemy away from you. Chinese and Japanese pike weapons, were both offensive and defensive.

But just the thought of a Sardaukar holding a halberd from the middle ages. Hahaha....

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=adamantine&r=3

If you could melt Diamond or stone, you could pour in the liquid substance in a some kind of stamp and make a plate armor or helmet.

full plate of carbon nanotube :P

indestructable ;D

socketed (3) ::)

-100 dex >:(

close combat immunity ;D

+15% chance of scaring freman away on sight ???

-99% speed :-*

LOLOLOLOL

Not only cavalery. Swiss mercenaries were known for their skill on italian battlefields. And for town-states were cavalry armies too expensive. And pikemen were unstoppable as main attacking force after artillery fire. Their weapons nearly eliminated using of swords. Japanese yari was very like european pike, I don't think it was more offensive. Pike was an universal weapon.

Off-topic, technocrat, you like Diablo II? ;D

OCC: Caid Ivik , I do like diablo ii, On useast. username technocrat, ingame name jorn or agamand (both a pally, jorn lvl 20, agamand 64)

yes, that full plate is - ordos only.

by the way, I think armored and shielded gas infantry is an effective counter against freman close combat infantry ... gas kills.

I don't play on BNET Realm, I prefer straight TCP/IP connection. I have two players, necro Ivik (lvl 52) and sorceress Alia (lvl 40). Both just slayers, but soon will Baal fall again in hands of Ivik.

Especially on Dune are shields unusable. In battle for Arakeen, only safe place from worms (until that... ;D ), Sardaukars were unshielded by a storm. Do you think that gave Muad'Dib a victory?

I don't play on BNET Realm, I prefer straight TCP/IP connection. I have two players, necro Ivik (lvl 52) and sorceress Alia (lvl 40). Both just slayers, but soon will Baal fall again in hands of Ivik.

Especially on Dune are shields unusable. In battle for Arakeen, only safe place from worms (until that... ;D ), Sardaukars were unshielded by a storm. Do you think that gave Muad'Dib a victory?

well, if the sardaukars use shields and armor at same time, it then would take tanks to kill them, which, Muad'Dib or not, will not win because he does not have acess to heavy weapons. and there are none on dune.

David Lynch used a great weapon in his movie, the Wierding Module. It let you cry out a wave that could destroy, making the use of armor useless.

In the book, the Sardaukar were not fully dressed in armor as that would hinder flexibility and movability, and the Sardaukar must have full ability to do these things, else they wouldn't be very effective.

He created the weirding module to accent Muad'Dib's mind powers, such as voice. Anyway, it's nice add-on. Armor in Dune era could be hard and unpenetretable, but also light and thin. 25 000 years will bring some progress in metallurgy, I think.

* Throws some unbreakable, sound-dampening/absorbing armor to the Sardaukar. * Now the Weirding modules isn't a problem anymore. :)

Anyways, all pikes look like eachother and guess what? We're humans...

Every culture has his own design. The Chinese pikes are both defensive and offensive, it has a blade shaped weapon on top of it. So you can use the pike as a sword and a pike.

• 2 weeks later...