What do you think of the House Ordos?

Dan_C.S.A.

I think the Ordos have some of the weakest units in the game, not olny that but the lack of any true air units makes them a weak attacker, not

to mention the shield vs. laser problems. An elite sardukar can take out any of their shielded

units, right?

u underestimate the power of the great hose ordos

this game is not all raw power. you have to have skill to use house ordos properly. only a few people can truly bring out the raw power held deep within House Ordos. Most people just see the weak units and think like you, but once you look beyond it's one of the best houses in the game.

A few air raids? Provided you last that long. Shields always have a use IMO. That use is to keep the unit moving at full speed even after it has taken a hit (which was absorbed by the shields.) The retention of speed can mean the difference between life and death (e.g. dust scout running for its life as minos fire on where it was a split second ago. Any slower, and it's dead.)

Usually there is no use for shields and whenever I play Harkonnen I use long range units to stop

any Ordos assault, they are too weak to go further most of the time and a few air raids will

cripple them, even at the risk of losing a few gunships... :-

who is the ordos opponent?

try using AA mines,kobras,laser tanks all mixed together and then attack the enemy.remember to keep a few other versatile units back at the base for defense

Firstly I thought too that Ordos were weak. But I hadn't studied the units yet.

It's a matter of learning the units.

Ordos won't work with just rushing. You need to micromanage.

Use the speed for example. You can destroy stacks of Mino's with Laser Tanks circling around them.

Or use an early rush build up by lots of Dust Scouts and a few Laser Tanks.

And use Kobra's for an airdrop

Usually there is no use for shields and whenever I play Harkonnen I use long range units to stop

any Ordos assault, they are too weak to go further most of the time and a few air raids will

cripple them, even at the risk of losing a few gunships... :-

i was gonna post this earlier but i got d/c etc. etc. comp froze so on so forth. ok...

no offense, but if you played me, you wouldn't even have time to build gunships. i have one hell of a mean rush when i try to use it against ppl who try to go big first. a couple of mortar men here. a few dusties there. poof, you're dead within 5 minutes. :P

Ordos rule all...

As has been indicated, you can't just throw Ordos units at a fight and hope it will get better, as you often can with Harkonnen. To play as the Ordos you must be so precise as to be paranoid and skilled enough to use the unit's advantages to outweigh their disadvantages.

(And it's ALWAYS a good idea to hide an extra MCV in an advanced carryall in a corner somewhere. You never know when you'll need it).

no offense, but if you played me, you wouldn't even have time to build gunships. i have one hell of a mean rush when i try to use it against ppl who try to go big first. a couple of mortar men here. a few dusties there. poof, you're dead within 5 minutes. :P

Sorry to sound a bit rude but i own players which only use morter infantry and dustscouts ;)

The trouble with some ordos units is that they are hard to manage,for instance,the tanks are much faster than infantry and you have to keep

your eyes on them if you don't want to get the

infantry way behind at the moment of attack, APC

can't provide enough support and that really bugs me, Harkonnen forever ;)

well, i love house ordos, but you have to micromanage semi-well to use them effectively. you cant just sit a laser tank down or a deviator and expect it to live. the ordos tanks (besides kobras) have to be contstantly moving or they just suck (ie, if you circle around an assault tank, it aint gonna shoot you once, but if you sit there, its obvious the assault tank would win).

And of course when playing Ordos... Choose good subhouses. That's Ix and Fremen/Sardaukar. Don't bother with Guild or Tleilaxu unless you have stacks of cash or want to lose. But Ordos and Ix make fantastic combination.

Dust Scouts are easily seen (unless I hit a stealth crate first! MWA HA HA HA!) except when under sand. Then they're invisable even to the person who owns it. But to make sure it stays really well hidden, turn guard mode off. Then it won't pop up and start shooting when a minotaur goes by.

I used to think it was really silly that I could see Dust Scout shadows when they were under the sand. Of course that was when my graphics stunk and the dust was just lighter coloured sand that didn't move and the shadows were all circles. Now graphics are much better and rock actually looks different from metal and sand.

well, i love house ordos, but you have to micromanage semi-well to use them effectively. you cant just sit a laser tank down or a deviator and expect it to live. the ordos tanks (besides kobras) have to be contstantly moving or they just suck (ie, if you circle around an assault tank, it aint gonna shoot you once, but if you sit there, its obvious the assault tank would win).

As they are $700[the laser tank],they should have another use as they are weak,so use tactics with them.

$900-Assault tank,heavy armor,strong

$800-Mongoose,AA,strong

$700-Laser tank,Hit n Run