Atreides Build Order

Taqwa11

Before Emprworm comes out with what will undoubtedly be the ultimate Atreides BO, what are some of the BO's used by top Atreides players? Is there an effective Atreides rush strategy that works well against Ordos? Hark is much easier to rush against as Atreides, but against Ordos I have always had to hold off the rush, tech up, and then squash the bugs.

Well I don't consider myself a top Atreides player at all, but my basic BO has mostly been:

Windtrap

Barracks

Factory

Refinery

Windtrap

Hanger

Refinery

Windtrap

Factory

Outpost

Refinery

Factory

Then from there I would either go with turrets or the Starport (but I rarely use the starport, except when I'm Harkonnen or Ordos).

This BO would be on a 10k setting, nothing on, and on a map like Fishers Plain in a 2 vs 2.

my combo is make me get 20 trikes and 4 mino's in 5 min exactly (with 10k) i build 1st ref then i build a fac after power (i upgrade the ref to level 2 before fac) i build 20 trikes then i build more ref and upgrade fac i put on list 20 minos and after ref ready i place him upgrade only 1 level to the ref and start building fac's like hell.. i attack with my sand bikes and while they keep the enemy attention i send my 4 minos (whos ready already ::)) and when (if at all) my trikes are gone the minos already there so enemy cant do NOTHING!!! (and all that in 5 min ;)) but thats my BO so you can come up with something new...

Ethan, loose the outpost. The only thing u will see on the radar are my units in front of your base ;D

Waste of money and waste of time... You could have build a part of a fac, or a part of a ref !!!!

Outpost you only build when u have enough units to defend yourself and u have enough money !!

Two things beginners do: Upgrade Conyard, Make Outpost...

I have played the game for over a year and I have never found it useful to build an outpost. It's truly a waste of money, because if you are too lazy or too stupid to find enemy units on the map without dots showing on the map you shouldn't even try to play online.

Hi Vigil,

I think outpost is handy when the opponent has guild, or your opponent is atreides.

Why?, let me explain

1) Guild: When guild move, you hear that "electricity" sound, and you have to search all over the map were they have transported too (hopefully not in your base) ;). With radar you see it immediatly, and then u can decide if you have to move your units that way, or you can do wath you were busy with.

2) Atreides: Atreides players use engi drop often. With radar you can easily see a plain comming your way. And (this is a secret so don't tell further) you can see an APC on the radar, but not on the map!!!

3) If you go for harvester hunting, and it is a bit bigger map, it's sometimes difficult to see where he is harvesting

4) If he got fremen and your units are spread all around the map, u might hear: Unit lost, Unit lost. Before you find out where that is, the fremen are already invisible again. When u got radar, u see directly where they are.

So i would not call a radar totally useless, but it is a building for later in the game.

Greetz

(and don't tell anyone you can see the apc on the radar ;), people are always suprised i find their apc. I let them come close and then suddenly move units close to the apc. They think it's coincident. If it looks like u know where their apc is, they think you are cheating. And they might give it another try, which costs them lot of money and lot of time to slowly move their apc to your base, lol)

Hehe, true, but what they do sometimes too: Give your base a visit, then your spicefield, then close to units somewhere else.

I mean if your opponent has guild, u take measures, like putting man in your base and putting man around your spice field.

He transports them somewhere "close" to your base or to the spicefield, but out of reach of your units. It takes a while for them to move (as you know ;))

So if you see where they transported to, then u can go with a group of men close to there already into the direction of the guild. They are most funarable when they can't move...

Which means, u should spot them ASAP...

emprworm is a cheating hobbtz loser who sucks at playing Emp, as do all hobbtz ROFL

Rush Hark or Ordos and die. If your enemy is good, you die. Period. End of story. There is no strat in the game that will let you rush a good player in QM and Win if you are ATR and he is not, unless the map is *HUGE*.

emprworm is a cheating hobbtz loser who sucks at playing Emp, as do all hobbtz ROFL

Rush Hark or Ordos and die. If your enemy is good, you die. Period. End of story. There is no strat in the game that will let you rush a good player in QM and Win if you are ATR and he is not, unless the map is *HUGE*.

Man, Nav, you're are an idiot. We're not talking about rushing. We're talking about the best Atreides BO, one that will let you have the advantage in early game. To put it in simpler terms for dumasses like Nav - Build order to get the most minos in the least amount of time.

LOL

ask almost anyone who has seen me as atr, they'll tell you i suck massively. i couldn't kill a sand flea with a mino if i had the chance. so tnx for the bo's and all this shit here. it'll come in handy if i ever have to use atr. which i do from time to time when i play with a random house.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure if ya can call me a great atreides player but I think I was decent atleast, anyways the concept to victory for atr is having a flexable bo, meaning one that you can change if nessacary due to game situations and still get back on track and deliver the same amount of power to the field.