House Feud

Inoculator9

The issues regarding this "help" to the fremen by the filthy harkonnan are nonsense. If you wish you may continue your partnership with these fools, or you can find comfort with the Atreides. Till then, All ties are cut between the Fremen and us. I have been building up a strike force. 2000 strong with ornithopters. 3 legions of solders and my finest tactical mentats. Helmsted himself is the war master of my army on arrakis. I am sending a full strike on the Harkonnan tomorrow. I now, by rules of the empire, am warning you Baron. You have one day to prepare for the strike. We have never been allies. Now you will know the power of the hawks of caladan.

The Hammer of Caladan: Duke Atreides

To Emperor:

[hide]

Those treacherous Atreides are preparing to attack us. These actions were unprovoked. I ask your assisstance, your Majesty.

Baron Harkonnen

[/hide]

To Fremen:

[hide]

You have promised us help and now it is our time of need. The treacherous Atreides decided to attack us for no apparent reason. We ask you to help us as we have helped you.

Baron Harkonnen

[/hide]

To Moritani:

[hide]

My dear allie,

I need your help to defend against an Atreides attack on my Arrakis holdings. The duke has gone too far, he has decided to attack me without cause.

Baron Harkonnen

[/hide]

To Atreides:

[hide]

Filthy dogs! The sands of Dune will be red with your blood if you attack us Atreides. Your army is no match for mine and beware, if you attack us on Dune, there will be an accident on your own howeworld.

Baron Harkonnen

[/hide]

The Harkonnen army on Arrakis which was at first meant to be for destroying Fremen gathered in a defensive position all over the Atreides border. There were 3000 gunships, 1000 ornithopters and serveral legions of tanks, devastators and troops. More troops would arrive soon.

The new troops were already on their way to Arrakis. Tens of thousands of air force and legions upon legions of troops and tanks. Piter De Vries was at the head of the army.

An immense spacefleet gathered in Giedi space. This was a collection of ships from all Harkonnen colonies and the Harkonnen homeworld. Counting 40,000 warships and 20,000 transports this was the biggest fleet the Universe has ever seen. Not even the robotic fleet during the Butlerean Jihad could compare to this. One wrong move from the side of Atreides or their allies the Ixians and this fleet will leave to destroy their homeworlds.

The Guild will not condome an attack on Ix's homeworld.

An attack on the Atreides and Ix on Dune must not interfere with the spice production. It will be costly to transport that army to Arrakis.

We hope you declared kanly on Atreides and Ix before attacking, as stated by the Great Convention.

The guild also presumes the Atreides are only attacking the Harkonnen on Arrakis, and not homeworld.

This war must not interfere with the spice production on Arrakis. There will be a victor on Arrakis, so that this war does not continue on Arrakis for an extended time and interfere with spice production.

Message to Atreides and Ix

[hide]We will support a retreat back to your Homeworlds at a price if you beleive you are outnumbered.[/hide]

Message to Guild:

[hide]

If the Atreides attack my holdings on Arrakis, their homeworld will be attacked by force or guile.

I ask you to keep the Atreides from attacking me since it will severely interfere with my spice production.

Baron Harkonnen[/hide]

To Baron Harkonnen

Twenty Legions of my Sardaukar have been deployed to Arrakis, they will defend your holdings their so that you are free to move as you would. I have deployed 300 Heavy Assault Ornithopters to the Fremen for thier use. They must be our allies.

Padishah Emperor of the Known Universe

To Naib Shatek

Your attack at the hands of the Smugglers is disturbing. I have forbidden their transport, this applies to the Guild no matter what they would do. I have also deployed 300 Heavy Assault Ornithopters to your nearby sietches. Use them as you will.

To Duke Atreides

I have sent Sardaukar troops to defend Harkonnen holdings on Arrakis to prevent disruption of spice production. Your attack on the Harkonnen is totally unprovoked.

I insist that the strictures of the great convention be followed. Declare your fued and be quick about it.

I will not engage you or House Harkonnen unless this war escalates to far. Until then I am neutral with regards to anything other then Arrakis.

The Hammer of Caladan: Duke atreides

My decision was without wit and good composition. I will retreat half of my army to caladan for defenses. I give to you, my emperor, a quarter of my spice holdings. My apologies to you emperor and nobody else. Watch yourself Harkonnan scum. Just because I fall back does not mean my people are lax in pure might.

To the most glorious and majestic emperor, holder of the almighty throne of the universe, and protector of the trifoil cross.

The Hammer of Caladan: Duke Atreides

I have studied what is known of your history, and have seen your works. The Spacing Guild has been a society of preserving our intergalactic ties and keeping our grand culture alive. To give condolences, I wish to offer you double the spice payments, out of my own C.H.O.A.M. contract. This is completely legal and comes out of my pocket. I wish to give my deepest regrets for the failed attack on the Harkonnan. You truly are wise in all things and wish that a bond might grow between us.

To the Society of Mystic Mariners, The Spacing Guild.

The Harkonnen fleet did not leave the orbit of Giedi Prime. Not only that, several more fleets were added to protect each one of the colonies - Ecaz, Maros, Draconis and Lankiveil. It was clear that the word of the Duke is not to be trusted, because one who changes his opinion so easily is sure to be a weak person. The Harkonnen fleet was set up purely as a defense measure.

The army of Arrakis was still set up on full defensive alert.

The Meeting of the Five took place. The Four advised the Baron not to attack Atreides until they themselves attack. He agreed.

For Maros! For Ecaz! For Draconis! For Lankiveil! For Giedi!!!

For House Harkonnen!

To Baron Harkonnen

Your treatment of the situation is admirable. My Sardaukar will be dispersed across Arrakis, they will protect the interest of the universe, the spice.

To Duke Atreides

Your spice holdings are accepted. You may keep possesion of all harvesters formerly used their. I appreciate that you have chosen to step down from the war path. The stability should be the priority of all great and minor houses.

Before all the powers that be, I swear, if there is any attack, wither subtle or blunt on my people, I will strike out against the House of Harkonnan. I ask your permission to strike my Emperor, if any threat pops up. You understand the original strike was planned to destroy any force against my people. Now, if any attack occures. I will strike upon House Harkonnan.

To the Duke:

I have never intended to attack you. It is you, who wanted to attack me for no reason. You ask my permission to strike the Emperor??!! Treacherous fiend, you have betrayed the Imperium!

Baron Harkonnen

OOC: Hehe, be careful of where you place the commas. "I ask your permission to strike my Emperor, if any threat pops up" - you of course meant to put a comma before Emperor, but you know, House Harkonnen uses every mistake to its advantage.

The Harkonnen reinforcements arrived on Arrakis. 10,000 transports landed on Dune, dispatching 1,000,000 infantry, 500,000 vehicles and 100,000 airforce to be added to the already immense Harkonnen defensive army. All around the Harkonnen territories defenses began to prepare. Thousands of turrets were built around the Harkonnen borders to protect the territory from the possible invaders.

Several thousands of Advanced Ares ships were spread around the borders of Harkonnen controlled space several months before as a safety measure. One could be sure, that there was at least a couple douzen on the Atreides border and Ixian border, floating there, invisible and armed with weapons that can end the lives of billions of people (chemical, laser, bio and nuclear). No fleet would be able to cross the borders without being severely damaged by these masterpieces of Human destruction.

But not all of them were on the borders. Certainly makes you wonder, where an invisible ship might be? Is it far away, unable to reach you, or, hidden next to your house?

The one who attacks the Harkonnens will certainly find out the answer to this question, wishing he never did.

Message to Padishah Emperor of Known Universe:

[hide]

Do not be alarmed at my recent militaristic expansion, Sire. It is simply a precaution measure taken when we found out that the Ixians are also going to attack.

I ask you to stop them from committing the grave mistake of attacking me for if they do, this will escalate into their total destruction and will surely damage the economy of Imperium. I will do everything to prevent it - I will not attack first, but if the first move is theirs, there will be nothing else for me to do but to retaliate with deadly force.

Your loyal allie,

Baron Harkonnen

[/hide]

To Baron Harkonnen

I am in no way alarmed, the defenses you have implemented are necessary. I do not promote the Ix actions, and your concern for the Imperial economy shows your loyalty.

I have customized several of the Ares ships for my use, renaming the modified versions Triton Class Stealth Battleships. I have deployed 1,000 of the new ships to my border holdings.

The Harkonnen reinforcements arrived on Arrakis. 10,000 transports landed on Dune, dispatching 1,000,000 infantry, 500,000 vehicles and 100,000 airforce to be added to the already immense Harkonnen defensive army. All around the Harkonnen territories defenses began to prepare. Thousands of turrets were built around the Harkonnen borders to protect the territory from the possible invaders.

Several thousands of Advanced Ares ships were spread around the borders of Harkonnen controlled space several months before as a safety measure. One could be sure, that there was at least a couple douzen on the Atreides border and Ixian border, floating there, invisible and armed with weapons that can end the lives of billions of people (chemical, laser, bio and nuclear). No fleet would be able to cross the borders without being severely damaged by these masterpieces of Human destruction.

But not all of them were on the borders. Certainly makes you wonder, where an invisible ship might be? Is it far away, unable to reach you, or, hidden next to your house?

The one who attacks the Harkonnens will certainly find out the answer to this question, wishing he never did.

if we are playing this game according to the books. (preferably just before the original dune book) then NO atomics will be used against ANY human race.(they can but all houses would be forced against them)Are we playing this gameaccording to books? are there "no ships" rigt now? and what does OOC mean?

The guild is requesting that the baron remove the Several thousands of Advanced Ares ships, from planet Arrakis or their Guild priveliges will be revoked. This goes for any House that intends to use Atomics or any other Mass destruction weapon against other houses or people.

The guild is concerned with the building up of military forces on Arrakis by all houses and hopes this does not disturb the spice production, although we beleive it will.

We sense that the Sandworms are uneasy with all the people on Arrakis.

To Ix:

We hope these genetically and mechanical suboids are not thinking machines for if they are there will be repercussions unspeakable of for your House.

To Atreides:

We accept the spice form you, but be wary that spice does not always swade us in our decision making.