Diplomacy

Repoman

Wizard was having fun

That's the point here man

You got really upset, which made it alot more fun for him :D

He might be a crap player but who cares, he suddenly turned the game from a inevitable 2 v 1 walkover to fun battle again.

Don't take it so serious dude :-[

I think there is nothing wrong with declaring war on your teammate when 2 v 2 escpecially once one player is dead on the other team. Instead of the game turning into a 2 on 1 inevitable death for the single player the game becomes interesting as a new dimension is added.

Diplomacy! ;D

Some people get upset when you do it but at the end of the day it is just a game ::)

Dont get me wrong i have done it and then had them both gang up on me and get my arse kicked ;D :-[

Its not up to you to decide 'alone' to change the rules. You enter the game with a partner and you either win or die with that partner.

It keeps things less hot under the collar, otherwise you will take over navaros's 'I am a dicksplash' award if you carry on with that mentallity.

Lighten up, of course, but dont take people's emotions for granted.

And don't try to turn ppl into backstabbers like yourself.

If it's properly announced then I would think it's acceptable, not direct your gunships over to my base and break alliance when you KNOW I can't do anything about it anymore. You just made sure (or tried to) that your strike would succeed before there would be anything I could do about it.

Sure, it's a game, but cheap moves like that cannot hold my respect.

And Dark, I think I know who ur talkin abt.. Remiusiii lol

He's kinda a noob and doesnt understand that a factory of his ally could save his ass when he ever might get into trouble.

He did it once on me too when we were playing a 2v2 with me beeing Ordos. Just before we defeated them he sends over his gunships to my base and wrecks all my facts and MCV.

I killed him anyway with the army that i had left ;D

U just dont get it man ::)

Its a game! 8) you know that fun thing ::) try it sometime believe me it is fun :P

How much more properly announced can you get than

mroptus declares war on atrd3mon ::)

You want me to reach out through your screen and slap you to tell you that i have declared war???

The difference between a loss and a win is nothing if you play the game for fun. I would prefer to lose a game than win by heaps as you have something to strive for.

The concept that i am presenting makes the game better as the games stays in the balance for longer making it more fun!. Two on one is boring as it is normally only a matter of time before the game is over. By the two weaker players forming a team against the stronger player the game suddenly becomes interesting again. That is why elite47 does it as it is satisfing to take on two at once and win. i.e the game gets competitive again.

pointy,

I play computer games for fun and to relieve the stress of running my company. I too enjoy the banter of these boards as my employees and friends are not interested in computer games. Unfortuantly mainly teenagers are the only ones who play computer games as much as i do therefore i spend some of my time talking about them here.

Its a game! 8) you know that fun thing ::) try it sometime believe me it is fun :P

Yes the game is for fun, backstabbers and cheaters are ruining it.

Indeed. Betray one another if you like it so much. In 2vs2 games, one has to be killed first. You can't kill both ur opponents at the same time. Does this mean u have to suddenly declare war on your ally and kill half his army be4 he gets the chance to respond? >:(

How much more properly announced can you get than

mroptus declares war on atrd3mon ::)

You want me to reach out through your screen and slap you to tell you that i have declared war???

The difference between a loss and a win is nothing if you play the game for fun. I would prefer to lose a game than win by heaps as you have something to strive for.

The concept that i am presenting makes the game better as the games stays in the balance for longer making it more fun!. Two on one is boring as it is normally only a matter of time before the game is over. By the two weaker players forming a team against the stronger player the game suddenly becomes interesting again. That is why elite47 does it as it is satisfing to take on two at once and win. i.e the game gets competitive again.

pointy,

I play computer games for fun and to relieve the stress of running my company. I too enjoy the banter of these boards as my employees and friends are not interested in computer games. Unfortuantly mainly teenagers are the only ones who play computer games as much as i do therefore i spend some of my time talking about them here.

Erm.. Your attitude is perfectly normal, except for when you decide to take people's other emotions for granted. I too work and play at the same time, mainly to unclogg my brain from the diatribe that I soak up for a living. You are literally playing with people here, and then the game after that - not the other way round. If you get kicks from winding people up do it in your office where they can defend themselves against you appropriately.

The boards here have an ongoing issue with Navaros for his lack of people empathy - he is playing with people more than playing the game - which is your priority? I'd like to think that the game is your priority then the people, but carry on with that mentality you'd soon find yourself being the target for unkind thoughts.

Trust me, I take anybody on, and I regularly carry on as 2 vs 1 - the 1 being me. That in itself is a challenge - at least you dont offend people, and if you win on 2 vs 1, isn't that a better satisfaction than pissing people off at your command?

What makes a game fun is the competitive nature of it. Once the game is down to 2 v 1 the game is not competitive anymore i.e not as fun anymore. What i do makes the game fun as instead of it being a pushover it becomes competitive again.

If you get upset at a game for any reason then you shouldn't be playing it.

By the way the more controvesy that this board has the better it is for the web site and i want nothing more than for this web site to grow as the bigger it becomes the better chance i have of seeing my all time favourite game of emperor making a comeback :'(

Y because emperor gives me a lot of fun.

Once again Computer games are for fun 8)

Sometimes the message that war has been declares doesnt show.

And anyway u should announce it yourself, not that ur gunships are 2 clicks away from my buildings and the war is declared when rockets are already slamming in my buildings.

Coz ppl are normally not expecting their ally to declare war on them.

You won't do it to me anymore, because I will simply be your enemy, and it's likely that you will die, so you wont have the chance of backstabbing your ally ;D :P

Lol, Repoman, backstabbing is not fun. Traitors annoy people so much that they would just wish they had a chance to kill the bastard in real life. And 1v2 can be competitive. I have won several times like that, because a person with nothing to lose generally plays much better. Revenge and anger help you a lot at this game.

Once again Computer games are for fun 8)

Yes computer games are for fun, backstabing and cheaters are ruining it.

2 vs 1 games can still be won by the player without an allie. i've experienced this a lot of times when i was playing emperor back in those days, it would just make things easier for me if you backstabb your alie and destroy his buildings before he knows your his enemy.

Backstabbing is for me and type of exploit, your allie is vulnerable because you can get in his base without being attacked AT ALL, then you just stabb him in the back and you've "won" and "enjoy the game to its limits".

Its just like sex eh repoman? ::)

ahhh shutup you guys i agree with repoman to some point... u guys make it sound like its a big fucking deal... but its not!! Its a game!!

Ok Ken if me and u were on a team and we killed on of the other players and a kinda crappy player was left to fight against me and you I would unally your ass and kill him and you. You know why? Because its more of a challenge for me and you, AND the n00b gets a kick out of it cause he didnt get his ass trampled by 2 good players cause me and you were busy with eachother(This goes to all of the others who have responded negatively in this post as well).

The only reason you wouldnt want to be unallied is because of that fact that you were gonna win and maybe now you wont cause it aint 2 vs 1 which is unfair. Its just a fucking skirmish game all for fun.

If i tell u im unallying with you and sell the buildings in your base and destroy the ones in my base(unless we share bases) THEN unally you you got nothing to cry about except your loss :-*

Ok Ken if me and u were on a team and we killed on of the other players and a kinda crappy player was left to fight against me and you I would unally your ass and kill him and you. You know why? Because its more of a challenge for me and you, AND the n00b gets a kick out of it cause he didnt get his ass trampled by 2 good players cause me and you were busy with eachother(This goes to all of the others who have responded negatively in this post as well).

Ahum cough cough, i was talking about 1 good player vs 2 newbies ;)

yes its "just" a game, but games have rules so everyone can have some degree of fun. you are having more fun at someone else's expense. it may be fun to you to unally, but youre ally entered the game under a set of rules, and to suddenly unally is unfair to him, and cheating. you know ahead of time that he wont always be your ally, so you can build/plan differently. the ally has no idea and is just thrown forcefully into this situation. if the ally agrees to this then fine, if not, realize your fun is at someone else's expense.

lol man haha u think we plan to unally you and shit?? hehe uhhh no thats not what i do i build regulary and try to win and then if we win and all there is is a n00b left i *MIGHT* unally *AND TELL HIM BEFOREHAND* that i am doing it. And i will sell my buildings in his base and kill the ones that are in mine(of coarse not if we have tons of buildings in eachothers base).

We're not having more fun at the expense of others, the only reason u might not be having fun is if u lose because of it. If i unallied you(if u were my partner) and you ended up beating me you would be prefectly fine, probably happier. So its just the all the sudden losing part that you hate.If all u have left is a n00b to face would you rather spend 10 minutes doing something youve done a million times(trampled a noob) or spend however long it takes to fight a totally new battle and its fun to have a GOOD BATTLE.

When I play a 2vs2 skirmish, and me and my ally seem likely to win, I 'm not going to keep building my army. I 'm gonna use the units I already have to do the job. Now if my ally keeps building a huge army, then declares war on me and kills me, well then I congratulate him on a great victory.

(Haven't read all of this topic yet...)

Once I was watching my big brother Dave playing a game... the two enemy teams decided to build on one rock together to which my big brother's ally commented: bad move... shortly after that the two teams decided to declare war on each other and destroyed each other rather rapidly which meant a short match and quick victory for my brother Dave... and they destroyed themselves in about the first minute and a half, they had barely even got their factories up ;D ;D ;D ;D

Ken nav is a knob dood. AS elite said it makes the game interesting!!!! It is boring just killing someones base. I was trying to point out another dimension to the game which i believe makes it better. I fight with my teammate until we have clearly killed one and then to keep the game interesting for my teammate and myself i declare war upon them... why Becuase it is fun for the both of us.. as i said who cares whether you win or lose as long as you have fun doing it. The fun part is trying to win.

try it man its fun killing 3 bases in one game 8)