WARNING: THIS WILL MAKE YOUR JAW DROP

Razorox

pff, even american army used the UT2003 engine (even though it was a downgraded one) and that looked ok but not that jaw dropping. and what i mean with new, does it bring new game modes or only domination, capture the flag and deatmatch and stuff, like we've seen before in UT

Note how I said *tries* to build their game around. Of course they have a previous build, and of course you're gonna expect half-assed crap from the US government. But ut2k3 is a work of art...just beautiful.

Note how I said *tries* to build their game around. Of course they have a previous build, and of course you're gonna expect half-assed crap from the US government. But ut2k3 is a work of art...just beautiful.

Um, perhaps because AAO is FREE, wheeras UT2k3 is $60? Just a thought. ::)

And to me, Unreal Tournament represents the degredation of society: It's just level after level of mind-numbing killing. No plot. No storyline. No overarching theme. Just killing.

Um, perhaps because AAO is FREE, wheeras UT2k3 is $60?

Please make sure you are educated about a subject before replying to it. The selling price has absolutely nothing to do with it. The budget has everything to do with it. America's Army's budget was astronomically higher than any other game ever made (it recevied governemnt funding) They could hire the most experienced of programmars to write the game for them. The reason AA sucks is because the government doesnt know jack about gaming, or what a good game should be like. They work strictly on a policy of meeting deadlines instead of waiting till i quality, finished project is completed. That is what makes the difference between a good game and a poor. And btw, this thread isn't about the "degradation of society". If you would have read the topic, you would have realized that it is about the mind-numbing graphics...

And to me, Unreal Tournament represents the degredation of society: It's just level after level of mind-numbing killing. No plot. No storyline. No overarching theme. Just killing.

No one's going to reply to this? Could it be because it's *true*?

I would just prefer that the senseless killing had a POINT. No one really hands out trophyies for killing people. The lock you in jail and proceed to execute you.

IE, I don't mind, as long as there is a PLOT or a STORYLINE, or SOMETHING. But just to kill for killing's sake? That's what seems to be wrong with the world.

The isensitivity usually advances into killing real people. And then the guy figures, "Hey, it's OK".

I would just prefer that the senseless killing had a POINT. No one really hands out trophyies for killing people. The lock you in jail and proceed to execute you.

IE, I don't mind, as long as there is a PLOT or a STORYLINE, or SOMETHING. But just to kill for killing's sake? That's what seems to be wrong with the world.

The isensitivity usually advances into killing real people. And then the guy figures, "Hey, it's OK".

there is a plot

kill or be killed.

snipe them from far above or have them kill you upclose

survival of the fitist..thats what it teaches...

so its educational :)

I just think you can't handle the games that have killing after killing, and you probably suck at it :) But every now and then you need to release your anger into blowing gib miles into space (and what better method of doing it than shooting bunches of pixels?). It's harmless, no different than any other game, and is fun for the people that like it and are good at it. Unreal Tounrament will forever be burned into my mind as a great game. UTC will hopefully do the same. We aren't killing for killing's sake, we are killing for the self-pride of beating tough opponents in a dangerous (seemingly) situation.

it does have some sort of plot. Although it's plot maybe thin, the gameplay, action, and just pure fun kicks major ass.

You admit to deriving great pleasure from killing things? Sick.

Oh grow up duke. What do you think emperor is??? It is a simple game of KILL the other teams men and army to win the game. No story line, no plot (not one any better than unreal tournament 2003's anyway) When put into primitive terms, it is simply a game representing the saddistic nature of human civilizations' lust for power over the world, and irrational physically offensive actions that nations will take to annihilate another culture based on the sole purpose of domination - sick (according to you anyway)