The meaning of life

Repoman

There is no meaning of life besides the material for scientists. I have actually talked about this to my science professor and he agrees. Thats why they term in science "The Vital Force" for anything we dont understand. He believes in a "Vital Force". many scientists do and are evolutionists. If there is no vital force than its all material. Therefore Marquis De Sade was right and I will paraphrase what he said. If there is no God than we can make up our own destiny. If there is no vital force than we all make up our own ideas on what right and wrong is.

Anton LeVay who is the leader of The Church Of Satan (Non religious/atheist group) spoke truth for a world that would be without God when he spoke that "There is no evil or good, only what we make of it as individuals. White Light religions try to make up truths that are non existant." You see unbelievers do what they want to feel happy and good. The bible takes a quote from a famous greek philosopher "eat drink and be marry for tomorrow we die." If you are an unbeliever than enjoy life while it lasts. There is no reason for it but the things you make of it.

God does exist. It is by faith that I believe so. You can agree with Anton LeVay if you wish. You will see though in the end that life without the Lord is futile. And when you die you will learn that it is far worse. Your own inevitable doom.

I don't think there's any meaning in life. I do believe in "spiritual" thing and such, say, God, I do believe there is something greater. I think we should be happy to just exist! Isn't it at least a miracle that you at least can "live"? Would it be better if there were just -nothing-? Even better, we can hear, see, talk, have fun, cry and everything else, instead of being some chemical sacks that only make sounds and eat, not much unlike the sligs from Dune. We have bodies! We can walk, run, jump etc! We have hands, we can hold things, we can write things, books, scripts etc. And look! We are actually the third planet from the sun! Earth is neither too cold or too hot! We have one significant moon! Scientist have prooved that if earth wouldn't have a moon, or had more moons, the conditions of this planet would be catastrophic! Our envivornment would change from arctic to dessert over night! Besides that, earth is going to "live" for at least another 5 billion years, if you take a look on our "universal condition" (aka no comets coming this way, no black holes near us etc). What mankind does is yet to be seen. So, is all this just pure "one in a million"? Or did one create this? Scientifically: yes, we are alone, yes life is meaningless, yes we are all going to die someday. Spiritually: death is not the last spot. And if you take a look on the universe, you can ask yourself some questions:

1. "It's a miracle! Someone must have done this! This can not be accidental!"

2. "Why not? The universe is so big, that this was going to happen sooner or later".

I have another question: Have you ever asked yourself why you were born in this age? Why not 1000 years ago? How come you weren't in the invasion of Normandy? How come you aren't living on Mars now? Why now? So does this mean your'e going to be some important person? Is there a reason why you were born now? And how come then, all those people living on the streets? Were they born to sit out their whole life begging for the next person to drop them a quarter, so that they can at least get a bed overnight, or get the food they so much need?

I read a science magazine before. They said that there are actually two universes, tied together by a feather. When the feather reaches its final position, it squezes together again, resulting in another big bang, which leads to a massive amount of energy to create another two universes, and so it geas on. For eternity. So what? I thought. Does it mean anything? Yeah, one thing: Judgement Day can not be avoided. So we're all going to die. We cannot escape, no matter how technology has developed, we are struck here! And even if there is an end of the universe, would we even try to reach it? Think about it. How long would it take? A million years? A billion perhaps? Why would we do it? Just to proove there is an end of everything? And could we get out? And if we did, wouldn't the void or whatever is outside, also continue in eternity? The point is: I do not think there is an end to anything. We have never, and probably will never, see the smallest or the largest thing, because there must always be something bigger to fit its bodys.

The conclusion: Enjoy life, work hard, have faith, and you will, I repeat: you WILL reach the goal you're reaching for. Never ask why you live, because there is no answer on that question. Just be happy to the time given to you in this "everything".

Faith is essential to life. Wether it be in a god or that each of us has a destiny waiting for us. Believing you have a purpose in life is a leap of faith. Without this form of faith that most people have we might just kill ourselves. People who commit suicide have lost all faith, wether it be in ahla or vishnu. Without this faith we are blind to the fact that life is worth living. Some people want to perform monumental tasks for humanity, or if they can't be with the person they want to be with, life is like getting close for your 10th birthday. In the words of many philosophers, and god from the animated show Futurama, sometimes the most important thing you can do is the thing that no one knows you did at all.It may sound corny but faith that you have a purpose, can sustain, and allow you to achieve whatever you desire from life.

Nema I believe that comprehensive iq and knowledge(education tests) would be much better way of choosing the best person for the job. There just needs to be a strict set a controls ensuring that people don't abuse the power that they are given. These people should be treated like god's as they theoretically are the pick of humanity.

Religion is just a man's opinion on how life started. That is why we have so many different religions. If we are not careful religion could bring the end of humanity. Acriku has is right we he implies that religion has used fear to gain a foothold in humanity. i.e you will go to hell if you don't believe. Religion is wrong(evolution clearly proves it) and the sooner humanity becomes more educated as a whole and sees it for what it really is the better. One day we are going to look back at ourselves in a thousand years and say those simpletons believed in a "god", no wonder World war 3 killed so many people.

Emp when you go to Mac Donalds it is the environment that we live in that causes cooks to spit in the food. The only thing that shapes you as a person is the environment around you. Be a samrt asse to the cook and your chances of your burger being spat in greatly increases. Mac Donalds employing 15 yo's greatly increases your chance of a spat in burger.

TMA_1 said

"God does exist. It is by faith that I believe so",

You forgot one word in that sentence "blind".

There is only one thing for certain in this world and that is mathematics. That is the language of life. What science can not prove is because we haven't found the science to prove it.

Dude said

1. "It's a miracle! Someone must have done this! This can not be accidental!"

2. "Why not? The universe is so big, that this was going to happen sooner or later".

Statistics are one of the most powerful tools that we have. You play the lotto you have 1 in a million chance of winning. Play it a million times and you have 50% chance. There are billions and billions of planets in the universe. Life was always going to happen, it was just a matter of when, and how often it has occured.

You want to do well in life then it is simple. Teach your children how to be the best parents that you can.

Religion is wrong(evolution clearly proves it

the fallacy in this statement is the inaccurate assumption that evolution itself is proven.

There is only one thing for certain in this world and that is mathematics. That is the language of life. What science can not prove is because we haven't found the science to prove it.

and mathematics tell us that the universe is made up of finite things that need a cause and that any set of finite things that needs a cause STILL adds up to a finite thing that needs a cause. Hence the universe needs a cause.

Math also tells us that, along with entropic principles and scientific calculations of dark matter in the universe, that the notion of an infinite expanding / contracting universe is absurd. This universe is the only one, and it is limited in scope. Your theory of probability (that probability of X given T time = 100%) only holds true when T = infinity, and no such infinite set can be shown to exist. Therefore your postulation is not accurate.

I have another question: Have you ever asked yourself why you were born in this age? Why not 1000 years ago? How come you weren't in the invasion of Normandy? How come you aren't living on Mars now? Why now? So does this mean your'e going to be some important person? Is there a reason why you were born now? And how come then, all those people living on the streets? Were they born to sit out their whole life begging for the next person to drop them a quarter, so that they can at least get a bed overnight, or get the food they so much need?

If you look at it from the view before you were born...Like your parents, who said hey let's have someone. So do they do the funky motion and voila she becomes pregnant with you. The reason for you living now is that your parents decided to do the funky motion.

Math also tells us that, along with entropic principles and scientific calculations of dark matter in the universe, that the notion of an infinite expanding / contracting universe is absurd. This universe is the only one, and it is limited in scope. Your theory of probability (that probability of X given T time = 100%) only holds true when T = infinity, and no such infinite set can be shown to exist. Therefore your postulation is not accurate.

Math tells me that I can count by ones forever *restarts from last night's counting...14311412341, 14311412342, 14311412343...* Is that not infinite? Or is that wrong *gasps with anticipation*. In fact, math doesn't tell me that there are finite things nor does it tell me that everything has a cause (and somehow you come to the conclusion the universe has a cause). Maybe it's because I have not yet taken college math in which I might learn that everything has a cause, or it's just that I'm confused. Or it's just that I should stop saying it's just that I should stop saying it's just that I should stop saying it's just that I should stop saying it's just...Woah ok.

Dont you see if you dont believe in a vital force than you are making up your own principals. Dont you see that you are holding yourself down and what you do is pointless. Ecclesiasties states that what you do seems meaningful to you, but when you die then what? what does it matter that you help future people? you see its your own opinion. Therefore a killer like hitler is evil based on your opinion. Which is a variable and is meaningless.

.... The Church Of Satan (Non religious/atheist group)....

TMA_1, I'm sure that the mebers of "The Church Of Satan" were/are satanists, so they can't be non religious or atheist, satanism is in fact a religion, an atheist dosn't belive in gods/deamons, and so does a non religious, it's wrong to say that an atheist/non religious is only a non christian, there is a difference, a big one.

I don't think there's any meaning in life.

i believe the meaning of life is to help to preserve the human species, why do we make medicine? to cur emore people, why do we want to cure more people? to prevent the human species from dying out to fast.

i think everything ends to "to prevent the human species from dying out"

Yes, but all humans do not create medicine. Other humans looks at countries like enemies, or something inhuman, so that is why they must be destroyed with war. We help people. People work hard to achieve their goal, and respect other humans, help them when they need help. But the world is not a very friendly place. Some people just do not respect others. We do live on one planet, breathe one air, we all were born here. JFK said something like that.

why do we make medicine? to cur emore people, why do we want to cure more people? to prevent the human species from dying out to fast.

i think everything ends to "to prevent the human species from dying out"

People make medicine to gain profit from the revenue that comes in after an amazing new 'cure' or 'wonder drug' has been developed. It would be naive to think that people genuinely want to cure people. Who supplies funding to the scientists that conduct research into medicine? The people that want to make money. (i.e. the large monopolistic filthy money grubbing corporations). Do you really think that people genuinely care about curing people?

Religion is wrong (evolution clearly proves it)

That comment is ridiculous. Non-sequitur. Evolution and Religion are NOT mutually exclusive. I'm a christian and I believe in evolution.

There are billions and billions of planets in the universe.

Really? Where? Show them to me! Last time I checked, scientists had only discovered a few dozen planets outside our Solar System, ALL OF WHICH are gas giants. Life has ZERO chance of developing on a gas giant.

These people should be treated like god's as they theoretically are the pick of humanity.

That's insane. It would take us back to the time of the Egyptian Pharaohs.

Lets hope you dont find out the truth edric becuase you are a dead man if you find it simple as that. :O:'(

So you have your own form of religion then??? becuase last time i checked adam and eve were still the go?It's one or the other get off the fence ???

True there are only a few planets that we can see but how far can we see?? not very far at all. :-

When i referred to treating our smartest humans as god, it was done to give them the admiration that they deserve. It wasn't mean't literally. ::)

Don't worry, you will find out the truth... but by then it will be too late.

"One or the other"? Are you crazy? There are MILLIONS of evolutionist christians like me!

It looks like I'll have to re-post something I've said before:

Why do people insist on replacing God with evolution, or the other way around? Evolution is just another scientific theory, like relativity, etc. It should NOT be a topic of religious debate!

God and evolution can perfectly co-exist. "Genesis-as-allegory" is the way I see it. This allegory was absolutely essential, because there's no way you're gonna make 5th Century BC shepards believe that their ancestors were apes!

Why is there no science in the Bible? Because science constantly changes as our understanding of the world grows! The Bible was meant to last forever. So which science shall we use for it? Roman science, modern-day science or future science? Either way, you end up with a very narrow timeframe in which that science is "valid".

How do I tell which parts of the Bible are methaphors (or allegories, etc.) and which parts are facts? Simple: Everything than can be understood by people in every century is fact (e.g. Jesus went there and did that). But "sensitive" scientific subjects (like Creation) are not facts, because the actual facts cannot be understood by all the people throughout history!

Just imagine if the Bible used the scientific knowledge of the year 5000. It would look like complete jibberish to us.

Emp i must admit that i have used many of your tactics when it comes to emperor , my hat to you. ;D For someone who seems to be a great tactician seems an immense contrast to someone who would be fooled by something as stupid as religion.

You said

"the fallacy in this statement is the inaccurate assumption that evolution itself is proven."

Which piece of evidence would you like me to prove that evolution is a fact;

Genetic

Geological

Atmospherical

99% of scientists believe in evolution and the 1% that don't believe in adam and eve. The evidience is obvious, don't stick your head in the sand.

Religion is business. The reason cristianity is the most prevelant is because they market themselves better than the other religions. Priests and bishops sell god who were sold god themselves. You need to be able to look through the glossy exterior of a product to see what it really is. Use the paedaphelia in churchs as an example. Church leaders are lying blatently just as any CEO of any company would. Why... To protect market share. Competition between Cristianity and Islam is at fever pitch at the moment. Face it religion is fast becoming an outdated concept. Why is it becoming more and more outdated??? Because the world is becoming more intelligent as a whole. The other reason is the human access to information primarily the internet is ever increasing.

In relation to your statement on maths. I agree that time factor is unknown at this point but we can say that it would be greater than 5 billion years due to the evidence relating to the age of earth at least. Given that time is > 5 billion years, the answer is there is statistically no chance that life would not have occured more than once(earth) with z being the number of different environments created by the universes.

i.e

X(lifeforms) > 1 (1 being earth) when z(planets or environments) > 50 billion (i don't how many planets there are) and t(time) > 5 billion ( i think that is how old they estimate earth to be)

For someone who seems to be a great tactician seems an immense contrast to someone who would be fooled by something as stupid as religion.

You are showing your own close-mindedness and bias.

So, Mr. Intelligence, care to point me to an IQ test so we can see which one of us has the higher IQ?