The meaning of life

Repoman

It's funny, about what Repoman said before, it sounds like the life from your perspective (no offence!) looks like a robots:

1. Mission One: Find acceptable genetic human female.

2. Mission Two: Marry it.

3. Mission Three: Breed with it.

You make this sound like it is painful to do all these "missions"

1. Mission 1 - Date women looking for the "one"

I don't know about you but i thought chasing women was great.

2. Mission 2 - Marry the woman that you love and then spend the rest of your life with her

I can't wait to say i do and make that commitment to my girlfriend.

3. Mission 3 - Have children and spend the rest of my life taking care of my family. I can't think of anything better in this world than watching my children grow up and have their own family. I am going to spend every minute of my life that i can with my children because i will love spending my life with them.

I live in Australia which is the best country in the world. I am healthy and in love and am loving every single minute of my life. The point is you are lucky to be alive and you should enjoy it while you can

Djcid If you are not related to a monkey then you must be a alien because you are not human then. :O

Emp Your slavery point has nothing to do with what we were talking about but i'll answer it anyway. Slavery is wrong because it denies freedom. It will always be wrong to take away someones freedom unless they are a danger to society. Just so you know kohlberg's therory explains why humans have acted the way they have and not how humans should be.

Edrico you left this thread upon decimation of your last post. That's cool, you can hide in other threads but i'll find you ;D

Dude why won't you answer the question i posted? Looking back at your posts, you did say something smart but it took me awhile to find it.

Enjoy life.

I don't enjoy life i absolutely love it. You said that it doesn't matter if i committed suicide if i dont believe in god as it won't matter....

Well it does. I kill myself and don't have any kids i could be killing the entire human race. Instead of killing myself i have kids and somewhere down my genetic downline my great grand son saves the human race. You are a peice of genetic history. You could be responsible for a million children if you are good at teaching your children how to be good parents. Don't stop learning in life.

Why is that inoc?

Anyways, human beings are not descendants of monkeys DJ, human beings and monkeys (general term bleh) all evolved from a single or multiple species (missing link). With the different environment, monkeys evolved to where they are, and we did to where we are.

We should enjoy ourselves, repoman says we should love the person we marry and have kids with. There should be more to each one. We should make our kids the best people they can be, teach them about the things were talking about here, make sure that they are prepared for life. Not just pop 'em out and leave them in a room with some food. Life isn't an assignment, life should be enjoyed. This doesn't mean that we should just lay around, we should make sure that life is good for everyone.

The things repo have said should be the core of it all. But you can change and manipulate the outer shell, e.g. "We should make our kids the best people they can be, teach them about the things were talking about here, make sure that they are prepared for life" but still keeping the core what it is, making kids with the best woman you can find.

I think bringing up your children would be great fun and be the greatest time in your life. I would prefer to be at home with my family than hanging out with my mates. I am not saying that i would never hang out with my mates i am saying that the most enjoyable easily would be spending time with my family.

Repoman, it would be in your best interest NOT to find me... he he he. 8)

I left the argument because it became boring and pointless. But since you called me back, I will answer your last post towards me:

You are automatically assuming that genetic manipulation will be used against society, isn't that a little bit pessimistic. There will be occurances of misuse thoughout the future but positive aspects far outweigh the negative aspects. People thought the exact same thing about IVF.

IVF cannot create genetically enhanced super-soldiers. But genetic manipulation can. EVERY new discovery can and WILL be used as a weapon. If the weapon derived from a discovery has the potential to wipe out mankind, then that discovery should be banned and forgotten.

Your 3 "objectives" in life are pathetic. I have long since decided NOT to have any children.

I live for Humanity. Humanity is in a crisis due to over-population. Therefore, it is in the best interest of Humanity that I do not reproduce. For that reason, I will not reproduce. My personal desires are secondary to the collective interest of Humanity.

EVERY new discovery can and WILL be used as a weapon. If the weapon derived from a discovery has the potential to wipe out mankind, then that discovery should be banned and forgotten.

Nukes can wipe out mankind, but you don't see anyone throwing those away. Chemical weapons can also be used to exterminate humans- but you don't see anyone outlawing chemistry.

Genetic manipulation has provided us with bacteria that produce insuline so we can help diabetes patients. Genetic manipulation can provide us with crops that grow more easily so we can feed everyone (not that most people can afford it, but that's another issue). Though we'd need to isolate GM crops from the outside world to prevent them from ending up in the gene pool.

I think minor GM should be allowed. That is, on crops and for medical purposes, such as the insuline bacteria.

And if a human child has a large chance to be born deformed, I think we should correct the genetic "mistake" if possible.

However, I stronly oppose research for genes that could improve human beings.

Nukes can wipe out mankind, but you don't see anyone throwing those away.

No, they don't. But they SHOULD. In an ideal world, nuclear technology should be completely banned.

Chemical weapons can also be used to exterminate humans- but you don't see anyone outlawing chemistry.

Chemical weapons can't wipe out mankind. Not even close. But Bio-weapons can.

oh my goodness Edric. NOOO! I cannot believe you said that. Dude, my brother was a nuclear engineer in the Navy. Nuclear power is the safest most abundant power source in the world. In addition, it frees up world reliance on OIL which is GOING TO GO AWAY soon. We MUST find alternate power sources. Oil is the CAUSE OF 50% OF ALL THE WORLDS PROBLEMS. Getting off of OIL is the number one....REPEAT....NUMBER ONE....

REPEAT

N U M B E R O N E

REPEAT

NUMBER ONE

goal of humanity right now. Nuclear power has an unbelievable potential. The archaic methods of harnessing nuclear power were dangerous, agreed. But trust me on this, newer scientific methods of harnessing nuclear energy are exceedinly safe and more abundant than in your wildest dreams. It is nuclear power that will propel humanity into space, if it ever happens at all.

Djcid If you are not related to a monkey then you must be a alien because you are not human then. :O

yes Repoman, let it be know that this world is not my home... call me an alien if you want...

and you need to re-read what i posted... i said i wasnt a decsendant of a monkey meaning my great-great-great-great ect. grandparents were not monkeys.

I am related to them by being created by the same God by that we share certian DNA similarites.

Empr, are you saying the christians holding slaves were "less" of a christian than you?

i wouldnt say "less" of a christian, but i would absolutely say disobedient and committing sin.

just a question now are we talking about slave slaves or indentured servents?