Emperor Vs Warcraft 3

Repoman

Ok, the first tier one units are the Ghoul, which also is the only wood harvesting unit for the undead, but has the lowest damage, but the fastest attack rate and movement speed, the grunt, which is the strongest tier one unit with over 700 hitpoints, and which can still effectively be used throughout the entire game,but has the slowest attack rate/movement speed, and takes a while to build, the footman, which is a decent unit, but is mainly used for tier1 through tier2, then forgotten, and theres the archer, the ONLY tier1 long range unit that can be gotten straight away.. If these units are the exact same besides grafix and names, than my name is Santa Claus.

duke stop being developorist I like both games but warcraft 3 has a better map editor and there is absolutly no argument on that. and warcraft3 has the most creative maps too like omaha beach, cats and mouse, vampire hunters, and if hte food cap bothers you you can do land of limitless armies.

Ok, the group cap DOES get annoying. But in most cases, you'll only need 12-24 units anyways. Anything more than that is well...too much, Unlike the WW games, each unit is probably worth 4-6 WW-game units. In WW games 1 unit is easy to replace and is not much of a big deal if you lose it. In Wc3 each unit is special and probably worth 4-6 of each of ur units in WW games.

I had the exact experience Fuzion had: I loved the WCIII campaigns. They were awesome, and the missions told a great story. All the unit possibilities were included. The cut scenes were fantastic. Best graphics ever in a 3D RTS game.

Then the campaigns ended. I played a few games online, and I was very disappointed with the gameplay. Too hard to even make sense of the screen--just jumbled mess of melee units. Get hero. Upgrade hero. Get big, mostly melee army. Smash enemy base. Repeat. Very disappointing. I went right back to Emperor for about two months. Then I played WCIII again, and I was reminded of exactly why I like Emperor better, and it had nothing to do with being wiped out in most of my online games.

Now I'm looking forward to Generals. Everything I've seen tells me it is really going to kick ass. Will I abandon Emperor like I abandoned RA2 for Emperor? Probably after awhile. But right now, Emperor takes up 98% of my game time.

um good god you must have really s0x0rs to dislike the online play if ya dontl ike hte ladder games try the the regular online the maps in hte online non-ladder is sooooo much better htan emps because you have standard(regular maps) tower defence, heroe arena, cats and mouse/ pest comtrol, rpg, and vampire hunter maps plus the hundreds more i forgot to mention and has anyone seen the map editor westwood released? its horrible while war3s is in depth and really good.

Ok, the first tier one units are the Ghoul, which also is the only wood harvesting unit for the undead, but has the lowest damage, but the fastest attack rate and movement speed, the grunt, which is the strongest tier one unit with over 700 hitpoints, and which can still effectively be used throughout the entire game,but has the slowest attack rate/movement speed, and takes a while to build, the footman, which is a decent unit, but is mainly used for tier1 through tier2, then forgotten, and theres the archer, the ONLY tier1 long range unit that can be gotten straight away.. If these units are the exact same besides grafix and names, than my name is Santa Claus.

Hey idiot, look at the stats...all tier one units are the same, save for number of HP (and of course graphix and names). Including the cost (nothing unbalanced about THAT). Don't believe me? Look in the stats section of the Strategy Guide.

no fucking way boy! A ghoul has a better attack speed than a grunt and swordsman but does less damage. The grunt has average attack speed but does most damage. The archers has a ranged attack and does piercing damage...

if you can't tell the difference between units in war3 than i don't understand why you CAN see the difference in Emperor..

I mean... then tell me what is the difference between a mongoose and assault tank

I mean... then tell me what is the difference between a mongoose and assault tank

Did you seriously just ask that??? You should rephrase that question and ask what is similar between a mongoose and an assault tank, because those two do not have much in common, lol.

NO, this is no time for peace. i want to settle this now, once and for all....

let's finish this.........

do you realy think that you know more about war3 than i do? fool? attack speed is definetly different per unit, even in the same tier.... oh and btw... so you wanna compare units in the same tier eh? then tell me. what's the difference between an atreides light infantry and a harkonnen light infantry except for speed? is that the only difference? come on.. they must have done better than that

sure in higher tiers, the units differ more... a laser tank is way different from a mongoose.... well same happens in warcraft 3.... knights are in no way comparable to taurens, or abominations...........

NO, this is no time for peace. i want to settle this now, once and for all....

let's finish this.........

do you realy think that you know more about war3 than i do? fool? attack speed is definetly different per unit, even in the same tier.... oh and btw... so you wanna compare units in the same tier eh? then tell me. what's the difference between an atreides light infantry and a harkonnen light infantry except for speed? is that the only difference? come on.. they must have done better than that

sure in higher tiers, the units differ more... a laser tank is way different from a mongoose.... well same happens in warcraft 3.... knights are in no way comparable to taurens, or abominations...........

Hark and Atr light infantry is the same, because it is the same unit - you can tell by the name. It is just like comparing one soldier with machine gun to another - not much difference, is there, Now between an undead ghoul, a footman with a sword and an orc...

.... footmen have the defend ability, this makes them way different from the others, and besides... why the hell would you name a ghoul a footmen? that doesn't make any sense...

so if you just let this point rest for the EXPERIENCED war3 players i'm satisfied

Ok, now it's personal. Dont call me an idiot, because some how you cant get it through ur that the units are not the same! Ok, maybe i'm wrong and the tier one/two/three units are exactly the same except for the fact that they have different amounts of HP, different types of armor and damage, different movement speeds and attack speeds, different abilities, and different amounts of armor and damage!

i bought WC3 a couple of weeks ago.

It's good! and gameplay lasts! who says it doesnt?

play it on battle.net, play an arena game or a capture the flag game or other creative game styles (War cup 2002, etc.)

There is NO limit as to what you can play on WC3.

even cops & robbers (normally played on Renegade) can be played on WC3 with a custom-made map!

btw, Grunts are not better than footmen IMHO. they are way more expensive and have no defend ability, still grunts are good though

And the point is: In war3, EVERY army can be beaten by a smaller army, as long as you have the right units to counter them. In emperor, that is way harder.... i mean... here you get questions like, how to beat a kobra wall... and what do they answer? don't let your enemy don't GET a kobra wall... c'mon... if it were all that simplistic i don't know why i'm playing RTS games anyway