Emperor Vs Warcraft 3

Repoman

I have a question: is it really nessesary to have 3D in strategy games? I mean, just look at StarCraft, I think that's enough, because after a while, it does not matter if it's in 3D or not. Okay, maybe there are more possibillities, but still, I don't think EBfD NEEDED its 3D. Okay, I do have computer enough for both WC3 and EBfD, but still, I do mostly consentrate on conquering the level, and not paying much attention of what or how the units looks like, only that they can beat the enemy, and that they obey my commands. Similar things can be seen in FPS's, mostly in the single player campaigns. How many times have you stopped to look at the beautiful surroundings? Me? Not many. When I played Unreal 1 for the first time, I was amazed from the first level to about the second, then, I didn't see much difference in details in other levels.

well the point is. Starcrafts graphix are ageless to me. the resolution sux (640x480) but because the units are so big they still look reasonable detailed and the animation is great in starcraft. That is why i still like starcrafts graphix, technically though they are pretty bad :)

hmmm that IS strategy. at least, as long as you find a way to counter it :). ofcourse if you die to the first zealot rush every time there's not much strategy in it for you :). But the fun thing about starcraft is keeping the pressure high. if you have an opponent of high skill and you can play sc pretty well yourself it is awsome to see those battles. just pushing your forces in to the enemy base asap and retreating when you're receiving damage. it's all about hit and run attacks

hmmm that IS strategy. at least, as long as you find a way to counter it :). ofcourse if you die to the first zealot rush every time there's not much strategy in it for you :). But the fun thing about starcraft is keeping the pressure high. if you have an opponent of high skill and you can play sc pretty well yourself it is awsome to see those battles. just pushing your forces in to the enemy base asap and retreating when you're receiving damage. it's all about hit and run attacks

My question is: Why is Rushing/Massing strategy in Blizzard games and "gay" in WestWood games? ::)

i didn't say it was gay in westwood games, on the other hand in westwood games rushing is a more used tactic in westwood games than blizzard games. and often is too good. I mean a mino rush is easy to create and very hard to stop, while in blizzard games it is often not very hard to counter a rush since rushes have one big strength but a big weakness vs. balanced armies

i didn't say it was gay in westwood games, on the other hand in westwood games rushing is a more used tactic in westwood games than blizzard games. and often is too good. I mean a mino rush is easy to create and very hard to stop, while in blizzard games it is often not very hard to counter a rush since rushes have one big strength but a big weakness vs. balanced armies

Well, now THAT's a giant load of b*llsh*t. ::)

1. Rushing is FAR more common in Blizzard games.

2. It's kinda hard to stop a welll executed 6-pool, or a good zealot rush. Wheras the Mino rush is easy to stop; it can't be done THAT fast. ::)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

??? wtf? just attack attack attack? then tell me, what is emperor? is that just defend defend defend? tell me the difference.

and DukeLeto, if you can't tell the difference between a ghoul, a footmeen, a grunt and an archer you must be realy stupid