Unit's weaknesses, made by...ken ofcourse :P

ken124578

ok, this is just an addition to the guides (click on my signature for them)

ok, here goes:

combination of units are always better then an 1-unit attack because every unit has its weakness (minotaurs's is air power)

the first thing you need to know before you start countering enemy combinations is that you have to know with what he's attacking/and how you can counter them.

after you've done this ou should ask your self the question: "what unit should i take out first"? if you like using niab you could kill his mongoose and kindjals first so that your niab can easily kill his minotaurs ;)

here's an list of the unit's weaknesses:

ATREIDES:

----------------------------------------------------

scout: this is an fast moving infantry unit that can see further then anything else in the game (it can also de-cloak cloaked units when they're close to the scout)

weakness: everything that can shoot ground units

Light infantry: this is the standert infantry unit of Atreides and in multiplayer its mainly used to guard the base against enemy scouts.

weakness: because of its low range and low armor he can be easily killed by anything that can fire ground units.

Sniper: this is an anti infantry unit with an deadly gun against infantry units, combined with his range of fire it is hell for house's infantry units.

weakness: it is very effective against single infantry unit sbut because it reloads very slow multiple infantry units can take it out, its gun does minimum damage to tanks as well so using tanks is also good for getting rid of snipers.

Kindjall: this is an unit that needs to be deployed before it can fire with his cannon, else it'll fire with an pistol (to deploy select the unit (s) and press "d")

weakness: the kindjall unit is slow moving and only effective against tanks when deployed, infantry units and tanks that have an longer range then the kindjall are effective for killing it.

engineer: this is an slow-moving infantry-unit that can instantly take over enemy buildings (except turrets)

weakness: it has no weapon and can be killed by everything that can shoot ground units.

sandbike: this is an fast moving anti-infantry vehicle, but its equiped with an light gun and light armor.

weakness: it can be killed by any enemy tanks or an group of infantry (except snipers!!)

mongoose: this is an tank with medium speed but with an very good missile launcher that can fire while its moving.

weakness: this is an anti-tank vehicle, infantry units (not snipers) or tanks that can out-power/out range t can kill it.

minotaur: this is an anti infantry tank but is very effective against light vehicles and in groups.

weakness: airplanes and units that can out power it like the assault tank, missile tank, lasertank (only use the devastater against an minotaur if you can drop it next to it by an advanced carry al!)

repair vehicle: this is an light armored vehicle that has only 1 ability, repair allied vehicles.

armored personal carries (apc): this tank can transport infantry units, that is all.

weakness: an bunch of infantry units or tanks or planes that can shoot ground units.

sonic tank: this is an light armored vehicle but carries an devastating weapon.

weakness: units that can out range him or air units can kill it,

weakness: anything thats good against light vehicles, but it can squish infantry though.

airdrone: this is an fast air to air airplane, it has an good range of fire and an powerfull missile but is slow and lightly armored.

weakness: other airdrones and any type of aa weapon (except the aa mine and adp)

ornithopter: this is an light armored aircraft and is equipped with an weak missile but has an great speed.

weakness: aa units that cannot mis their target like the missile tank or the gunturret.

HARKONEN:

--------------------------------------------------------------

scout: this is an light armored infantry but can see further then anything in the game.

weakness: anything that can shoot ground units.

light infantry: this is the harkonen's version of the light infantry, it has the same armor as the atreides's one but has more fire power.

weakness: anything that can shoot ground units except the atreides's light infantry.

flametrooper: this is an infantry unit with an flamethrower.

weakness: everything that can shoot ground units except the light infantry's.

trooper: this is an infantry-unit equipped an rocket launcher, but its lightly armored and only effective against tanks.

weakness: any ground unit that can fire at other ground units.

engineer: this is an unit that can instantly take over buildings (except turrets) and its only weapon is an pistol.

buzsaws: this is an light armored, with an slow>>medium speed, it carries 2 guns that are highly effective against infantry units, and it can squish them too!

weakness: an large group of infantry units (except snipers!) and tanks (except the dustscout and the sandbike)

assault tank: this is an heavily armored tank equipped with an strong cannon, but its slow and has an small range of fire.

weakness: units like the lasertank or the mongoose (the mongoose can only win from the assault tank if properly used!)

missile tank: this is an light armored tank equipped with 6 deadly rocket launchers.

weakness: an bunch of anti tank infantry units or tanks that can out-range it (like the mongoose) or groups of tanks.

catapult: this tank fire's an slow moving barrel but has extreme range.

weakness: anything that is faster then the barrel and that is equipped with an anti tank weapon or an aircraft.

flametank: this is an unit equipped with duel guns that fire deadly flames, this tank is highly effective against infantry units and light/medium tanks.

weakness: this tank lacks range and isn't very good against armor or hit 'n run tactics.

devastater: this is an tank that is heavily armored and equipped with devastating anti tank weapons, no single unit can survive its firepower when its close.

weakness: units that can out range it or the deviater/niab tank, it has no further weaknesses.

the airdefence platform (adp): this is an slow moving lightly armored airplane, it is equipped with an machine gun that is very effective against infantry and tanks.

weakness: any type of aa unit.

gunship: this is an heavily armored airplane, it carries an deadly duel missile launcher but is slow.

weakness: multiple aa troopers/aa turret/fast moving aa airplane and an aa tank.

ORDOS

---------------------------------------------------------------

scout: this is an fast moving infantry unit that can see further then anything else.

chemical trooper: this is an infantry unit equipped with an chemical sprayer, its highly effective against other infantry units when its close.

weakness: infantry units that can kill is in 1 shot or that can outrange it or tanks ofcourse.

aa trooper: this is an infantry unit equipped with an rocket launcher.

weakness: infantry units, tanks or the gunship/ornithopter.

morter infantry: this is an infantry unit that has an long range morter launcher, its barrel is slow but it fire's quick.

weakness: infantry units that can outrun the morter, fast moving tanks, tanks that can outrange it or air units that can shoot ground units.

engineer: this is an unit that can instantly take over enemy buildings but it has no weapon.

weakness: anything that can shoot infantry units.

dustscout: this is an fast moving anti infantry tank but it slows down when hit and is lightly armored.

weakness: multiple infantry units(not snipers)/tanks (except the sandbike) or air units that can shoot ground units and with an high speed missile, bullet or whatever weapon they have.

lasertank: this is an tank with high speed and light-medium armor, it has an shield that is like doubling its armor, it has an powerfull laserweapon and an good reload time.

weakness: laserweapons, air units that can shoot ground units with fast moving missiles/bullets or whatever weapons they have, infantry units (some only in groups)and tanks that can kill it with 1 round.

armored personal carries (apc): this is like the atreides's one but has an shield and is faster.

weakness: laserweapons/tanks like the missile tank/an group of infantry units (except snipers)

kobra tank: this is an heavily armored tank equipped with an howitzer, when undeployed it is like an normall tank but with an weak bullet, when deployed it can engage enemy's from all sides and has an very good range of fire too.

weakness: fast units like the lasertank, units that can out power him like the assault tank or the devastater (<= only works when its being droopped next to it) and air units that can shoot ground units.

deviater tank: this is an tank with medium>> heavy armor and has the ability to take over tanks for an short period of time with its bullet, but his bullet only works against tanks and does not do much damage against infantry units.

weakness: infantry units/tanks that can out-manouvre his bullet, laserweapons, air units that can fire at ground units.

aa mine: this is an mine that destroys itself releasing an bunch of deadly aa missile when an aircraft comes in its range.

weakness: aircrafts that can outrange it/out armor it and any type of aa on the ground.

eye in the sky (eits) this is an air unit that selfdestructs scattering debris to the ground damaging anything that gets his, an sabateur ejects and can selfdestruct causing even more damage.

weakness: any type of aa unit (except troopers)

SUBHOUSES

--------------------------------------------------------------

FREMEN

fremen warrior: this is an cloaked sniper, it fires faster then the one of atreides, but its bullet is an little bit weaker, its also invulnerable to sound attacks because he's wearing earplugs.

weakness: units that outrange him and have an fast bullet, other fremen warriors or ofcourse tanks.

fremen fedaykin: this is an more advances fremen unit, it is cloaked and fires sound attacks that are good against tanks and infantry, when deployed it will call an worm and becomes an wormrider for an short period of time (to deploy press d)

weakness: outnumbering him (don't try to outnumber it with light infantry, you'll lose more then the fed. costs) or tanks like the buzsaw or the dustscout, don't try to kill an fedaykin with units like an kobra because its very vulnerable against sound attacks.

SARDAUKAR

regular sardaukar: this sardaukar unit is heavily armored and has an great speed, it doesn't slow down when hit and also has an nice gun ;)

weakness: this unit is heavily armored but isn't very effective against tanks (except light tanks), or snipers, or being outnumbered 4-1.

sardaukar elite: this sardaukar is more heavily armored and carries an lasergun for long range attacks, when it comes close to an infantry unit he uses his knife.

weakness: this is an heavily armored sardaukar and you should try to kill these guys with snipers or simular units.

TLEILAXU

contaminater: this must be one of the worst units in the game, it can convert an enemy infantry unit to an contaminater but usually don't even get to its target.

weakness: medium-longrange infantry or tanks.

leech: this is an fast moving biological tank but has an light armor, it fires an larvea that slowly kills the tank, when the tank is gone an adult leech pops up.

weakness: infantry units or tanks that can kill him before he spits the larvea or tanks that can outrun him.

GUILD

guild maker: this are guild navigaters in training and fire deadly electricity to infantry units and tanks when they're in his range, it has aan large splash damage area but is only effective against tanks or light vehicles.

weakness: tanks (not light tanks) or some long range anti-tank infantry units.

guild niab tank: this is an heavily armored tank that carries an destructive electricity weapon that is highly effective against tanks, it has also the ability to "fold space" and instantly transport itself to an different location on the map.

weakness: some anti-tank infantry unit, it is at its most vulnerable when it has just teleported itself to an different location of the map.

IX

ixian infiltrater: this is an invisible tank that selfdestructs destroying-damaging anything within the area.

weakness: when you spot it you can kill it by almost anything, be aware though when an unit is close and you destroy the infiltrater the unit nearby will be destroyed/damaged.

ixian projector tank: this is an light armored tank, when deployed it can project units and those projected units can fire too!

weakness: anything that can get close, it can project the unit that is attacking and then run away, note: holograms disappear after an certain time/when they get hit/when an enemy unit comes close and sees the illusion.

units that i did not included above:

harvester: this is an heavily armored tank that can harvest spice and bring it to the refinery.

carry al: this is an aircraft that transports harvesters.

weakness: any type of aa unit or aircrafts that can shoot air units.

advances carry al: this is an air unit that can transport an tank, even enemy ones!

weakness: any type of aa weapon/tanks that can kill it in 1 round/airplanes with fast moving missiles, bullets or whatever weapon they have.

thats it for the unit's weakneses, few that was long :O

in this topic you could ask how you could counter enemy units example: "how do i kill an combination of lasertanks and dustscouts that are constantly using hit 'n run tactics?"

i will answer them asap (as soon as possible) ;)

--ken124578

EDIT: i'm gonna include an little space in my reply that has instructions on how to break difficult combinations of units ;)

ok, i will be constantly updating this sector of my reply so stay on the look-out ;)

this also contains some good tactics if you can "de-code" the things i type below ;) 8)

HOW TO COUNTER UNIT COMBINATIONS:

1. the buzsaw/light infantry

this type of rush is easily destroyed if your prepaired, when your aking some units and you have time to look at your opponent THEN LOOK AND OBSERVE HIS MOVES, it is so importent for you to see what he's doing and make your own combination of units that is superior against his.

to break this you should make for ordos: morter infantry protected by dustscouts, if your morters get squished, your dustscouts get "squished"

to break this with harkonen make bzsaws/assault tanks/light infantry and if possible fedaykins, fedaykins are VERY usefull for breaking this combination and i sugest you do so, don't make too many assault tanks or you'll find yourself being greatly outnumbered.

to break this rush with atreides you should just use minotaurs, minotaurs own light infantry and buzsaws.

2. the "walk the engineer" trick made by me 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

this isn't used a lot but if you find me you'll most likely find your construction yard walk away while your being rushed ;D

to counter this tactic with ordos make 1 fremen sniper, when you see my engineer go to an safe spot and snipe it asap (as soon as possible) when you do this my rush failed... now just to survive the next one ;D

to counter this with harkonen make an flameturret, when my engineer comes close enough you deploy it and... roast engineer :'( ::)

to counter this tactic with atreides make 1 sniper, put it away till you got an safe spot to snipe my engineer, stay in an quiet place or you may find your sniper dead before he can even aim at my engineer.

3. mass minotaurs supported by kindjals and airdrones.

this is an tactic mostly used by newbies with some experience with emperor.

to counter this tactic with ordos is pretty hard and you have to sacrafise units.

i suggest you take the fremen for this (which you should always have!! the fedaykin is very usefull if your being outnumbered!)

to counter this tactic with ordos you should gather some fedaykin (+-10) select them and press x (x = scatter short cut key) then deploy them, while they're calling worms sneak some scouts/warriors close to them, when your fedaykins have called +- 4 worms move your scouts (give them an number first) to an place, or put your warriors on-guard, then let your fedaykin come and eat the group.

to counter this with harkonen you need some micromanaging (which i find fun to do) first make some catapults, then make lots of missile tanks, select 1 catapult and fire at the kindjals by clicking on it, then retreat, come back and get another shot off continieu till you killed the kindjals that are dangerously placed. don't take the ones inside the group, they're useless and would probebly cost you your catapult.

when you killed the kindjals bring 1 missile tank, let it move around till the minotaurs fired their ammo, then let it fire at an minotaur (which will die) retreat your missile tank, bring another quickely before the minotaurs have re-laoded, let it fire and hastely retreat repeat this process till alll the minotaurs are dead, airdrones could be easily killed by missile tanks if they're still there.

I'll doubt a Sonic can't squish infantry, i'll doubt AA mine isn't an Air Drones, i'll doubt a mongoose could out-range a missile. You better change your error.

an sonic can squish infantry, but most infantry units will kill it first, and the sonic can fire while moving too, but its only forwards though, so infantry units will die (except fedaykins and warriors) before it can squish them.

an aa mine has an smaller range then an airdrone, is an selfdestruct unit and moves slow.

an mongoose outranges an missile tank but is usually killed by it anyway.

I'll doubt a Sonic can't squish infantry, i'll doubt AA mine couldn't kill an Air Drones, i'll doubt a mongoose could out-range a missile. You better change your error.

an sonic can squish infantry, but most infantry units will kill it first, and the sonic can fire while moving too, but its only forwards though, so infantry units will die (except fedaykins and warriors) before it can squish them.

an aa mine has an smaller range then an airdrone, is an selfdestruct unit and moves slow.

an mongoose outranges an missile tank but is usually killed by it anyway.

Besides Fredaykin, it'll doubt any single infantry could win a Soinc. It doesn't matter even the Drones have a better range, once the AA mine is ordered to go for the Drone, it won't survive for sure.(unless shot down by something else from the ground)

And under no circumstance a Mongoose can't beat a Missile.

yes an mongoose can beat an missile tank, let the missile tank be on the rock and the missile on ground, let the missile attack the mongoose, when the missile tank is close start walking your mongoose away, it fires while walking and kills the missile tank in 3/4 shots.

and an sonic tank can get owned by infantry units, some kindjals for example ;)

yes an mongoose can beat an missile tank, let the missile tank be on the rock and the missile on ground, let the missile attack the mongoose, when the missile tank is close start walking your mongoose away, it fires while walking and kills the missile tank in 3/4 shots.

and an sonic tank can get owned by infantry units, some kindjals for example ;)

3 or 4 shot? There'll be more than enough for the Missile to fully burst out its salvo which would easily over-load mongoose's shield.

And i said any SINGLE infantry.

3 or 4 shot? There'll be more than enough for the Missile to fully burst out its salvo which would easily over-load mongoose's shield.

The Missile Tank should be able to get off a full salvo 1 vs 1 against a Mongoose and win every time provided that both units are undamaged and have no chevrons.

Anna lover, show me a Mongoose with shields, and I will show you a Mino with wings. ::)

Hey ken, I've got an idea. Why don't you make your own FAQ like Shiroko? :D 8)

i can't continieusly makee FAQS ;)

just copy and paste and make a few spelling corrections. thats all there is to it. actually, i could put it together for you if you want me to, and give you all the credit of course.

would you like it in notepad or word or adobe acrobat?

The Missile Tank should be able to get off a full salvo 1 vs 1 against a Mongoose and win every time provided that both units are undamaged and have no chevrons.

Anna lover, show me a Mongoose with shields, and I will show you a Mino with wings. ::)

Exactly.

Shields=Armour

If a mongoose doesn't have a shield, then it'll be destroyed by a snipers hit if the hit gets the fuel tank or not work if it hits the computer or cables that help controls the mongoose.

Please show me the mino with a wing now?

Shields=Armour

If a mongoose doesn't have a shield, then it'll be destroyed by a snipers hit if the hit gets the fuel tank or not work if it hits the computer or cables that help controls the mongoose.

WTF?!?! Shields DO NOT equal armour. Armour and shields are two completely different things. Look at the Ordos Laser Tank, APC, and Deviator!! They have shields AND armour. The shield and armour values are two separate values that are independent of one another. You can have a Laser Tank damaged to 25% armour, but then get its shields fully recharged to 100%. Or you could have a Laser Tank with its shields reduced to 50%, but it's armour at full health.

What do you mean, it'll be destroyed by a snipers hit if the hit gets the fuel tank or not work if it hits the computer or cables that helps control the mongoose?? Anna lover, I'm now under the impression that you know NOTHING about Emperor Battle for Dune. Do you even play this game and learn anything about the units at all? Snipers don't do jacks**t to Mongoose, except maybe make a little dint in the armour, but that's it. The Mongoose will not slow down, or blow up from being 'hit in the fuel tank or computer or cables, etc, etc'. The Mongoose can just step on the Sniper and crush it if the Sniper doesn't move away after he's fired. I suggest you actually play the game and learn something about it before you come and spam the strategy threads with useless and misleading information. >:(

Just go around from other entrance and even there isn't one, Sonic will require at least 3 or 4 hits before its destroyed and that should be enough time for Sonic to come over to the Kindjal.

you gotta break through the defences of that entrance first devastater, your giving me the impression that you've only been reading these forums and have not played emperor battle for dune, or don't even own emperor battle for dune :O

OMG, it might not be the same acording to the rule.exe, but im talking about in real life !!

If the mongoose has no armor, it would not be able to withstand even the slightest attack.

Its a sense of humor. ::)

And what what misleading information have i posted in? Everything i post is fact, its from according to my experience, you go learn something yourself before judging me.

Just go around from other entrance and even there isn't one, Sonic will require at least 3 or 4 hits before its destroyed and that should be enough time for Sonic to come over to the Kindjal.

you gotta break through the defences of that entrance first devastater, your giving me the impression that you've only been reading these forums and have not played emperor battle for dune, or don't even own emperor battle for dune :O

Just say the word if you want a game with me on WOL.

And i'm saying 1 v 1, it has nothing to do with your defence. Your like saying a Deviator is useless because a Gunship or even an ADP could destroy it.

And what what misleading information have i posted in? Everything i post is fact, its from according to my experience, you go learn something yourself before judging me.

ROTFLMAO :O

everything you post is misleading, example: "assault tank and trooper own an lasertank and chemical trooper"

if that isn't misleading nothing is.