what the????

exatreide

That should make no diference Shaddam.  

If God is all knowing then he knows exactly what you are going to do every moment of your life before humans were even created, therefore everything you do is pre-ordaned, therefore you have freewill, no matter if God takes an active role int he universe or not.

lets not get into this agine. Reamber the last time this happend? every one was at the point of fraging each other so lets not get into this. even though I belive what mahdi says I don't want this to become a wich hunt. BTW what dose every one think of my red faction storie??

If God doesn't take an active part in the universe then he doesn't pre-ordane the lives of his creations.

Then God is niether omnipoten or all knowing.  If he doesn't know what we are going to do, he isn't all knowing, and if he doesn't know what we are going to do, that means he exists in a linear time frame like us, which then means that he is not omnipotent, and disproves the existence of prophets

All things dull and ugly,

All creatures short and squat,

All things rude and nasty,

The Lord God made the lot.

Each little snake that poisons,

Each little wasp that stings,

He made their brutish venom.

He made their horrid wings.

All things scabbed and ulcerous,

All pox and viral strains,

Putrid, foul and gangrenous,

The Lord gave us such pains.

Each nasty little hornet,

Each beastly, slimy squid,

Who made the spikey urchin?

Who made the sharks - He did!

All things sick and cancerous,

All evil great and small,

All things foul and dangerous,

The Lord God made them all.

- Monty Python

You see, a god would have made both good and evil, and both saves and kills. This god would cause all evil and all pain as well as all good and all enjoyment. Yet why do so few people go to churches and say he is a malicious, nasty deity?

People believe in god like they do in peace. They state it as some kind of reason why we do things, and think it justifies war or the pursuit of people like Bin Laden. We're never going to realise true peace, and we are never going to see god.

- Renaud

I'm the one is trying to stop a big flame war from starting. Theirs been to much blood shed between members. So plese stop guys. in the name of all things dune related stop. before it gets out of hand. This includes you Mahdi you seem to be trying to stir things up.  

Ex, I really doubt that Shaddam or I are so insecure that we are going to beelive that ones post is a personal attack upon the other.  We both know that this is merely a philosophical debate, and that there is nothing personal behind it.

I agree. But most discusions about relgion turn into atacks. Like what happend between Edric and me the last time this happend. But if we can have the discusion without the atacks I would be happy to join it. But there should be some kind of penilty for atacking some one elses charicter like say 10 posts of there record.

religion is bad.... gives user only one prespective and usually that person sticks with it (due to ignorance and/or just plain feeblemindness) or as Karl Marx simply put it "...religion is the opiuim of the masses"

and does it matter if a God exists or not, if a person choses to believe so, so be it, just as long as they dont go on a jihad