Regular Soldier

Guest Duke_Killersiil

Guest Duke_Killersiil

yeah neonext is right about their lack of speed. But infantry wasn't useles - The trooper squad was faster and stronger.

• 2 weeks later...

nah not that bad. if you move infantry in while the building is still in green or yellow you will only do damage and your infantry will die. Taking over buildings is not that effective but it's fun enough.

And agreed light infantry is pretty useless. one combat tank kills them all in no time by driving over them and they make no chance vs. other units anyway. Heavy Troopers are a bit more effective and i build them cuz i like them but at mission 4 you'd rather build combat tanks and quads

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Duke_Killersiil

nah not that bad. if you move infantry in while the building is still in green or yellow you will only do damage and your infantry will die. Taking over buildings is not that effective but it's fun enough.

And agreed light infantry is pretty useless. one combat tank kills them all in no time by driving over them and they make no chance vs. other units anyway. Heavy Troopers are a bit more effective and i build them cuz i like them but at mission 4 you'd rather build combat tanks and quads

Yeah, but in mission 3 on atreides I used (final attack) 2 trikes, 4 squads and a quad duo. Great you know. But mission 4, I used lots of tanks.

yeah when i'm playin harkonnen in mission 3 i build infantry because they are cool. but once you get to build tanks there is no reason left to build infantry because they take the same amount of supplies and i'd rather have 2 combat tanks than 3 squads of troopers (both worth 600 credits)

• 1 month later...

yeah i think so too.. 12 sonics, in a group of 4 by 3, unbeatable, they don't damage each other and now unit is strong enough to come close, the only threat is the rocket launcher, and rocket turrets, why i do bring some rocketlaunchers with me myself, but other than that, the sonics can handle everything with ease, and if one get's damaged, a carryall comes, picks it up, brings it to the repair facility, and once it's repaired it's brought back to the location where it was picked up.

strange is that not many people seem to know about this, just surround your repair facility with buildings/walls or units, this way the unit inside cannot be deployed and is forced to be picked up by a carryall and brought back to the original spot 8)

the soldiers are slow and easy to kill,that makes them weak and not really usuable for these kind of tactics. However, if it was a bit more strong and faster it would be a lot more fun to use them.

I did capture buildings, sometimes spice silo's but they didnt gave me that much credits. I did capture factories (heavy/light) sometimes, just when the structure is almost destroyed and your last unit got destroyed also next to it, sometimes a soldier is popped up and you can let him enter the structure then (when its red). It worked sometimes :)

heheh, you can't take over every building though... i think the barracks and wor are invulnerable to this....

factories does work though.. the effectiveness is nihil though... i mean... if you manage to do that and keep the building alive you've probably already wrecked the rest of the enemy base, just to get there :)

• 1 month later...

You can't capture the IX, the Palace or the Outpost either. :( you CAN capture Turrets though!!

Myself, I really like Troopers. Tough and not too slow, and their range is incredible. If you can use them well they can be extremely useful. It's a pity that the squads aren't available until level 4 (6 for Ordos I believe).

Also a good thing about the Trooper Squads is that they don't lose speed when damaged, like vehicles or single units. They just turn into a single Trooper which is just as fast. So essentially Troopers are like a Trike's armor with a Quad's firepower and a Siege Tank's range...