Wondering...

alas, I do not have time to play QM this month.

I fear many are in the same boat as me. See, here is what happens:

Since there are are soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo few players in QM, finding a match takes forever (even if you *never* duck anyone). Therefore, in order to get a decent rank at QM, you have to have the time to wait around in QM for eons at a time all month, just to get a match. Thus, if you do not have a huge load of spare time, no matter *how* good you are at Emperor, your QM rank will suck at the end of the month since you didn't have enough time to wait around for matches.

So what happens is, people don't bother playing QM at all when they know they are gonna end up with a sucky rank due to lack of time if they were to play a bit. I know that's why I can't play QM this month. :(

Well in the first half of the month, i never have problems gettin a game, ofcourse after that there is a problem (ducking).

And your rank doesnt solely depend on the amount of games you play, i depends more on the wins you make.

If you beat a top player you get the points worth of 2, maybe 3, games.

And if you dont want to wait for a qm, just do something else while you waiting (make supper). ;D

And if you dont want to wait for a qm, just do something else while you waiting (make supper). ;D

That's not possible. The QM search goes for about 30 - 45 seconds, then it stops. Unless you manually click on it again after it stops, it's not gonna search again. So you *can't* do anything else other than stare at the QM screen while it's searching :(

I was just wondering how many players from this board were actually playing quikmatch, cuz i never see any of them online.

Maybe everyone has different nicks or just doesnt play qm.

All our members of clan Few*Jr play QMs to help us micro manage games better. A number of the members of our parent clan *FEW* plays QMs too. No members of these clans duck anyone due to their QM rankings. Some have even been paged or people have came into games requesting QMs

All our members of clan Few*Jr play QMs to help us micro manage games better. A number of the members of our parent clan *FEW* plays QMs too. No members of these clans duck anyone due to their QM rankings. Some have even been paged or people have came into games requesting QMs

Yeah, that's because none of you ever have any decent number of points so you guys have no reason to worry about losing points and stand to gain a Hell of a lot more points that you could ever lose by playing good players. LOL

I still play qm i change names alot but youl figure me out when you see my play style.. hehe rite now im playing harkonnen im not to good but hey there fun! :)

All tho im gonna leave on the like 8th or 9th this month.. until september so i wont be on :( but imma keep playing this till generals comes out then will see...

That's not possible. The QM search goes for about 30 - 45 seconds, then it stops. Unless you manually click on it again after it stops, it's not gonna search again. So you *can't* do anything else other than stare at the QM screen while it's searching :(

just keep your mouse on the quikmatchbutton and click every 30-45 second, its not that much work.

And i doesnt take that long before you got a game, it does if you duck ofcourse.

just keep your mouse on the quikmatchbutton and click every 30-45 second, its not that much work. And i doesnt take that long before you got a game, it does if you duck ofcourse.
Making supper and keeping one hand on the mouse is not possible. LOL Use your brain, dude :) and it does take forever to get matches, i don't know what game you're playing , but last month i'd be in there for 45 mins at a time and not even get one match

Dude is your ass glued to your mouse or something???? ;DYour telling me you cant click on your mouse and go to the kitchen cut some vegetables see if ya got a match, and if not click the mouse again. What a discussion BTW, making supper was just an example, i know enough things to do while waiting for a qm.And it must be that your in Canada then cuz i really dont have to wait 45 mins to get a game, 15 mins tops and thats rare.

It does. Well, technically. There's a pacific server, a European server and an American server. In emperor it barely makes a difference because everybody plays on the American server. (I think. I havn't visited the other servers in a long time...I think I'll go do that. I might find a match ;D).

While I wait for a quick match I usually play my guitar. You have to go on at the right times of the day, too. Usually mid-day/early afternoon in Toronto, nav, because you can play with other North Americans who are on at that time plust the Europeans who are playing in the evening.

think thats long {enter off topic remeark here} the new WW game E&B when you gate from system to system or even docking & leaving a starbase/planet you can have waits as long as 30 mins or more ::) now thats a wait ;D

Dont have the Internet Components and WW wont except my account and password ne more.

Hey! Do you have problems connecting to westwood, too? They keep saying my account is disabled, asked for support and haven't received any answers...

:'( :'( :'(