Reality TV: Has it gone too far?

gunner154

I currently need help on research documents for a debate for my school, and information is scarce

Debate Motion:

This house believes that Reality TV has gone too far.

We are the opposition.

Reality TV has NOT gone too far.

Can someone give me reasons why? I'm in desperate need of notes. Help. Any comments will be happily taken.

I can give you a lot of reasons why it has gone to far ;D

If you want to know more about that subject, and you are exedentally in the library. Look up some "sociology" books. [ could be they have another name in English but it usually this one ] There are some good books about this subject.

But the most common and simplistic comment to defend that statement is simple.

"People whats the programms themself. If they think it has gone to far the simply shouldn't look at them anymore. Ratings will drop, no more advertisment and then the show get's canceld."

We deside ourself what we look at, so just don't look at "reality TV that in your opinion has gone to far".

:)

Reality TV has not gone too far, because to say it has is to say that human nature is too complex to television.  That watching humans adapt to a new situation and evironment is  horrifying, because we know we'de eventually do the same thing.  Maybe that is why people do not like reality TV because it shows the darker side of human nature and the harsh reality of blood, vomit, and arousal.

Reality Tv has not gone too far, it will however when it starts to circle around the idea of human people dying. Reality TV is a very good concept, and it is only to provide entertainment. By the way...Combat Missions rules! I'm rootin for Alpha.

Some programms here in Holland are helping the reality part of "reality TV" a little to mutch.

When situations don't accure out of themselves the apropriate situation is created with the proper stimulans. [ think the persones who have seen some of the reality TV programms that I'm revering to know what I mean ].

And when they mean this way of "reality TV" I do agree, it has gone to far !

But when they strictly mean "reality TV" as REALITY TV, then I understand there point that it hasn't gone to far.

:)

Reallity shows a too fixated on making people hate other people, In Denmark one of the first to make Survivor called Robinson (I think TV3 Sweden and Denmark did it on the sam time) there's a person every year that is hated through out the nation, wich I don't think is fair.

I really don't see what the reallity shows has to do with reallity. In Big Brother they just drink and fuck, and make week contests.

I don't know if it has gone to far but I really think the people watching it and those who join it should get their head examed by profesional, I'm sure that we would find the missing link then.

In one of our newspapers today

"Starmaker is to mutch culture for the audiance."

Starmaker is a programm on that's shows a small group of young people who are being traned to be a star. And it appears that in this "reality TV" programm the vieuwers don't like the amount of cultural input the show is broadcasting. So reality isn't good enough and the ratings are more important.

It was in a news paper that manly has "simple newsflahes" [ not to bring it down compleatly ] It's called "spits" and it free in our public transport nets. Just as "metro". Some other European visitors of Fed2K will know this newspaper.

But if people didn`t watch it, this wouldn`t exist...I don`t know this one but I have in my country show that people eat rubbish, running naked on streets, going around and smashing car  panes and doing many stuff that normal person didn`t even listen about. But like evilbaronatreides said you can always change channel

Sounds a bit like Tom Green or Jackass ;D

But those shows arn't considerd "reality TV" as in this topic ? They are considerd sick ;D , but never the less funn.

We have some of those programms as well, and I fully agree,. ... change channels. [ unless it's Tom ;D ]