Religion

I think you are right Ordos45 in what you said about faith it is the strongest weapon of all. Those without faith are weak or should I say those who do not have an understanding of what faith really is about are weak. I mean we all believe in something even those of us here who do not believe in God. Their belief is that he does not exist and that is their belief. Could that also be called their faith?  

And as far as Fed goes he is doing what he always does Nema why complain about it now? Fed always is on one side while everyone else is one the other. I think always correcting other people's minor mistakes is more annoying than Fed posting his left of center opinions. I'll gladly take the flames now.

If believing God doesn't exist is my faith, then the fact that everything on Earth is a beautiful creation of science and sometimes man is my faith.

Acriku the first part of your statement makes sense the second part is harder to understand please explain what you are trying to say.

I agree science did create the universe but I can not agree that man had any part in creating it. This is my way of looking at religion and science, they can go together (and do go together for me personally) but for whatever reasons they won't with the way other people think, not that I am right that is the way I view this matter.

Hold up hold up hold up! Back up da dern bandwagon hea! Okay, first off, I'm KANTAMA, not Kant. Thankee very much. Okay, now, science SUPPORTS God and creation. I know one guy who will pay a quarter of a million dollars to ANYONE who can CONCLUSIVELY prove evolution. Science created the universe??? Oh please! I doubt. If you found a watch laying out in woods, you wouldn't think that the watch had "evolved" there, would you? No, you wouldn't. You'd know that someone INTELLIGENT had had to DESIGN the watch. That it hadn't come about by chance.

Hold up hold up hold up! Back up da dern bandwagon hea! Okay, first off, I'm KANTAMA, not Kant. Thankee very much. Okay, now, science SUPPORTS God and creation. I know one guy who will pay a quarter of a million dollars to ANYONE who can CONCLUSIVELY prove evolution. Science created the universe??? Oh please! I doubt. If you found a watch laying out in woods, you wouldn't think that the watch had "evolved" there, would you? No, you wouldn't. You'd know that someone INTELLIGENT had had to DESIGN the watch. That it hadn't come about by chance.

Ok, first of all, I can call you a short version of your name, it's called nicknames. Second of all, You can't CONCLUSIVELY prove either way, so let's just put that out. And a watch is an inanimate object, therefore not liable to be included in a logical argument. Thanks for the argument KANT. Cheers

Okay, now, science SUPPORTS God and creation. Science created the universe??? Oh please! I doubt.

Kantama this is what I was saying about science creating the universe, science supports Gods creation of the universe. I look apon God or the higher being as the maker of this great science. The universe is still here whether or not man understands or can explain it. Thus explaining why religion and science go together for me personally.  :)

The answer if one religion is right or not or if god exists or not IS NOT ANSWERED WITH FAITH, but can only be anwsered with logic!  Proof:  Many people DO believe in a religion or in god, while other DO believe in another religion while other DO believe, that there is no god.  So faith is no answer at all! Faith is just too subjective and its biased, since you mostly believe in what your parents told you!

So please, every start to think for your own and try to apply some logic, because its a thread for DISCUSSING and not a thread where everybody just says "I believe in god" or "I dont believe in god", because no one really cares if you do or dont.  Give reasons, and please think about them before you post them!

Alright. First off. God created the universe. I know this. Uni means one. Verse means a single spoken sentence. God said "Let there be...." and there was. I'm used to arguing against evolution so Wiccan and stuff really send me for a loop. You know the evolution theory, right? It's a bogus theory. Science is CATCHING UP to the Bible. God know sthings we're only just starting to understand. Besides, you think that things a complicated as people came about by chance???? Not quite, m'deary.....

Kantama, what backwater, right-wing, county did you come from? First off, as mentioned before, WHAT SCIENTIFIC PROOF OF GOD DO YOU HAVE?????!!!!!!(sorry for using caps)Really, what proof do you have? "Let there be" just isnt cutting it. And evolution does exsist, look around you. Where did man come from? There is genetic proof that we (humans) have similiar lines to primates. Still not enough? Well, humans arent the only thing to be a product of evolution. Look at all the plants, animals, bacteria, fungi, and tell me that their genetic background is irrevelent. I think not. Here's a question KANT, do you believe that their were dinosaurs? If so, well then you do believe in evolution. If not, well, dinosaurs could be dragons and crap right? Some figment of our imagination.