Emperor expansion pack

Ghosty_Square

Oh wait, I just realised this wouldn't work for online games. Doh!

The best idea would be to make it a subhouse, like someone said.

[This message has been edited by Gario (edited 01-03-2002).]

Guest FuLL MeTaL JacKeT

i can't wait till i get me 3D processer baack...... that unofficial expansion kicks ass. But i liked the Atredies. You should've elimanated the harks... darn you, or made them a subhouse. The duke could have been killed, and the home coming transports, could have turned around and established a sub-house type base where houses could recruit there help? They could have the minatour, and the Sonic Cannon thingie ma bob or the ornithopers, or the kin jal warriors or whatever.

THe AtREdIEs OWn J00!

Ghosty, I was only joking about the icons! I mean, I thought about it, and I don't even know where to begin. I need to get the original icons in .jpg or .gif or some editable format first, then I have to think of some way to edit them... But we really should be looking for someone with more skill.

Do we have room for another subhouse? The Atreides could give you the Mongoose and the Sonic Tank. But can we include them?

Give me the unit descriptions, please!! Especially for the 2 new subhouses (Mercs and Smugglers).

Guest ebmonkey

This sounds cool, but I also am extremely dissapointed with the lack of the main house. The atr. are the focal house of the original book and the movie etc. I probably won't play unless they're in there. That probably won't bother anyone though. :)

BUT, I'd like to help on this mod with the graphics and sound if you'd like. I have years of experience modding and am currently trying to find work in the games industry in my town. I can also make cutscenes etc. One catch... the atr. has to be in this expansion at least as a sub house or i'm not interested. Not trying to be an ***, it's simply if i'm not going to want to play it, it's not worth my time to work on it. If the leaders of the mod want to see some of my work, reply here and i'll give you the appropriate web page to look at. Congrats on doing something we've all wanted for awhile. I hope I can help...

Long Live Duke Leeto!!

- Ebola Monkey

Guest ebmonkey

Sorry, when I said sound I meant sound effects etc. not music... :) I can edit music and make music from other loops but i'm not competent enough to make a score for a game.

- Ebola Monkey

Ebmonkey, could you at least paint the much-needed icons? Put them in any format you wish. As for sound effects, I 'll see if I need any.

BALANCE ISSUES

a) Sniper's freezing ability will be removed

b) D-trooper's build time and cost will increase

c) D-trooper will not have a chemical weapon

d) D-turret will not have an AA weapon.

I guess you made the Ordos overpowered by accident Edric O...

Guest Muad'Dib Kwisatz Haderach

havent posted in a while, but:

Ghosty, I resent your making stupid assumptions about me. Just because I have Kwisatz Haderach in my name does not mean that I play online for the KwiHad clan... moreover, I don't play online. So stfu.

Guest krazypig

I think if the Sandcrawler was destroyed everything but infantry should surrvive, but with about half-health or so. And I said if it cloaked or camoflauged it would be too powerful. But that is ghosty's desicion, not mine.

-krazypig

P.S. I was thinking, maybe the Atreides could be like renagades. They could show up in certain missions where the Hark are in it and try to kill the Hark. (whether or not you are the Hark or the computer.) If you aren't the Hark, like in a capaign or something, you could be offered to ally with them. (As a sub-house) But if you are ally with the Tliexu it could break your contract with them because Attreides hate Tliexu. But if you are Hark you couldn't even have the chance to ally with them. (Except in a skirmish...maybe)

Like I said in a previous post, "I don't even like the Attrides, so I don't care if you use my idea or not." Well thanks hope my idea helped. Again ghosty you make the desicions,not me. ;)

-krazypig

I made the Ordos overpowered? Silly me. :D

Ummm... WHAT Sniper freezing ability? I don't remember putting that in...

Come to think of it, D-gas Troopers with chem weapons DOES seem a bit too much. ;)

As for the D-gas Turrets not having AA... I don't know about that. They have to be better than Deviators, don't they? Otherwise they won't be worth building. Same goes for Hark Plasma Turrets (better than the Devastator) and Corrino Lion Turrets (much better than the Lion Tank).

The Atreides won't show up, but certain factions will use Atreides technology in certain missions... like the Hark final mission, "The coming of the Mahdi". For once, the Harkonnen will be good guys, defending the universe against a greater evil! ;)

But keep in mind that we are still NOT sure of whether we'll include campaigns or not. At least I'm not sure, but ghosty probably is.

As I have told Edric O, I 'm planning to make some missions, which are independent of campaigns. We won't probably make campaigns. As for the set of missions, they will be released with the second version of the mod, not the BETA one.

Edric O, you don't need to invent a new unit for the Ordos. They will have that Suicide Lasgunner. Since you haven't posted on your site about these units, here it goes:

Ordos Suicide Infantry

This infantryman is trained for suicide missions. He is armed with a lasgun, which he uses to eliminate shielded vehicles. (especially that harkonnen shield generator).

Imperial Trooper

This trooper fires special anti-shield missiles. These missiles slow down to penetrate the shield, then explode, causing massive damage. Although they lack the explosive power of other missiles, they are the only way to cripple a shielded enemy.

Shield Wall

This wall is an advanced version of the concrete wall. It requires power to operate, but can only be destroyed by anti-shield weapons.

Sapper

Training special troops for dismantling fortifications has been an ancient tactic.

This infantryman is exceptional against buildings & walls.

Here are also the descriptions of the new subhouses' stuff. Notice however that the mercenaries will have a role similar to the atreides, not the role of a subhouse. The descriptions are taken directly from Edric O's email:

Mercenaries - New subhouse. Their building is the Mercenary Recruitement Centre (1000 solaris or so). It makes Chaos

Spies and Spice Thief Harvesters. The ST harvesters are basically stealthy harvesters. They have advanced stealth (like the

fremen) and they never become visible to the enemy (not even when harvesting). If possible, make them so that they don't get

picked up by Carryalls. If you upgrade the Recruitement Centre (600 solaris or so) you can build Chaos spies. They have

scout-like stealth, medium speed for an infantry unit, no weapons and very low health. But they can infiltrate enemy buildings.

Each time a chaos spy infiltrates any building, you get a free Chaos Lightning shot.

Smugglers - New subhouse. Their building is the Smuggler Factory (around 1200 solaris, with an 800 solaris upgrade).

Without being upgraded, it can make the Smuggler Quads we all know and love. :) After it upgrade, it can also make the

Smuggler Mobile Cannons. These are fast, speedy tanks, but they have very poor armour and they're expensive. They make

up for that with their gun, however. It fires like a deployed Kindjal, but with a longer range and it can fire while moving. If you

think about it, the Mobile Cannon is a crazy unit.

ANY VOLUNTEER FOR THE ICONS PLZ?

Ebmonkey, you could make two music tracks for the Corrinos.

As for the Atreides, they won't be exactly a subhouse (imagine a Hark with atr as subhouse)

But plz don't try to do everything true-to-book. I 've read all the Dune books, seen the movie and the mini-series, and I really like 'em. BUT this is a game, so we can't do everything according to the book.

Guest apollokiev

Edric0, I believe you asked for unit suggestions for the Mercenaries and Smugglers. Here are some of my thoughts:

Smugglers:

Negotiator :

A unit that can be 'sent' ( like sending the atreides infantry back into barracks ) into a player's starport, allowing then that player to purchase an item free of charge. Being a smuggler, negiotiators would work with their contacts throughout the imperium and the Space Guild to 'acquire' things illegally, in this case getting the player ( for example ), a sonic tank from some abandoned Atreides armory. Or it can be used to simply order that house's units free of charge.

However, this unit won't come cheap at all. Because it can order highly expensive tanks at no cost, it should cost more than average infantry-like units. And you can incorporate a certain delay.

Ah..just thought of something. If you upgrade House Smuggler, the Negotiator will be able to order other House's units.

Mercenaries:

If the Sardauker are the standard infantry unit for House Corrino ( and I hope they are downgraded some ), then House Mercenary should be modeled like the House Sardauker for the original game. Very tough, these units will provide a large bang for the hefty buck.

As for the weapon they'd have, you could go like the Sardauker in that standard mercenaries would have a heavy machine gun, and elite ones could have a lasgun.

I think the Negotiator unit would be a good idea...keeping consistency with House Smuggler.

Thank you and keep up the good work.

~ Kiev

Guest apollokiev

Ah crap...i didn't see ghosty's post about the units....oh well.

I really liked the idea of a Shield Wall. That option will be available after the CY is upgraded, correct?

And please tell me that when that harkonnen shield generator is deployed, the chance of wormsigns increase greatly....it should!

Thanks again.

~ Kiev

Well, ghosty, the AI should simply be able to learn from its mistakes (i.e. after a few waves of infantry sent into your line of waiting snipers, it should notice something is wrong and choose a different strategy). It should also know what to use to counter specific units.

That's about it, really.

Here's my idea for the Harkonnen anti-shield unit (I'll also email it to you):

Harkonnen Drainer

This infantry unit is armed with a magnetic gun capable of completelly draining the energy of a shield. When the Drainer "fires" at a unit, it removes that unit's shield. However, in order for the shield to remain down, the Drainer must not attack any other units. If it attacks a new unit, the previous unit's shield goes back on.