Release Dates for Mods and Programs

vidiware

:(

Conflict of the Landsraad is delayed due to me getting "too clever" trying to alter mission text, all in-game mission sounds (what the Mentat says and what each side says during each mission), new unit descriptions and picture graphics. Now that I have started, it wont be ready until i finish...late summer, or more likely early Autumn (The Fall for you US people)

When you say 'late summer, or more likely early Autumn' do you mean for the southern or northern hemisphere summer?

:-[

From my sig you will notice that "fall in either hemisphere" has become the end of this year (2004).

I am presently re-texturing and unit balancing after I found some issues with a few missions.

I then must re-edit the sfx (I have been playing with unit labels in the rules file so that the AI still works), then do all the mission text and sfx.

So looks likely end of 2004, early 2005 release

• 2 weeks later...

I know, I started a couple of months back on changing all mission text for the Ixian missions (old Atreides) and part way through I caused an error that meant I had to start all over again.

As I then decided I needed to move Harks to old IM and Landsraad to old IX, plus make some other unit and building changes to better fit mission stories, I have yet to re-start the in-mission text/sfx editing.

Hence my delayed release.

• 2 weeks later...

:-

I am deciding whether to abandon the development of Conflict of the Landsraad.

I have had to start again from scratch after early missions (for all three houses) became unstable when re-inforcements arrived or when a small battle happened as reinforcements arrived...(unstable as in a complete crash).

...I am not certain if my PC has become unstable (added Anti-Virus system and internet access) or my most recent rules changes have made EBFD unstable.

I will make a final decision in the next couple of weeks.

???

Well it seems that my EBFD was corrupted, (could not even play skirmish with standard EBFD), I have re-installed it and started the pains-taking work of re-creating the artini and rules files (which were also corrupted) for Conflict of the Landsraad.

I have decided to reduce the complexity of the mod as follows:

Main Houses: 1) Ix  2) Corrino  3) Guild

Sub-Houses: Fremen (70% the same), Harkonnen, Atreides, Tleilaxu (70% the same) and Ordos.

I will though keep the Lite and Heavy factories, 2 Palaces (One for the superweapon and One for Generals building) and the Weapons Upgrade facility buildings. (I have done the buildings and their textures already!)

I will release a version this year that plays both in Skirmish mode and Campaign mode.

I will then possibly release a future version with all Campaign text/voices corrected so that the words/voices used in each mission match the new sub-houses.

• 4 weeks later...

:)

Well things seem to be going OK at the moment, so I may still make a shipment date of pre-Xmas...but with lots of things still to do I might not!

See my topic for latest news, I may even get some pictures of units and buildings up in November....no promises though!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

:'(

Now the bad news:

Conflict of the Landsraad is abandoned permanently. I am unable to get a stable system running EBFD on my GigaByte mboard with Geoforce 4 MX400. It looks like only more modern games like CC Generals (my sons not mine!) will run OK now...

So sorry everyone but unless I can work out the problem (unlikely as it only effects old games like EBFD and Tib Sun) I cant do any more development work.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Conflict of the Landsraad Update

================================

Well it is June 2005 and the mod is still not released, what a surprise! (NOT!).

Status is:

I am presently in the middle of converting all 50 ATR missions to fit with IX and new Sub-Houses.

I will repeat with converting HARK to Corrino and then ORDOS to TL-Ordos.

I have yet to do ICONs and New Unit descriptions as I keep needing to tweak/change units to fit the mission criteria (they are quite restrictive).

Once finished I will then do a last run through to check for last minute bugs and then release.

It is going to be big - very big, so expect to need Broadband to download it.

• 1 month later...

Well it is now mid-August, so I thought it time to update progress.

All Atreides missions are converted.

90% Ordos missions converted

0% Harkonnen missions converted

ICONs and tidy ups to do.

End of the year release still realistic.

• 2 months later...

Well it is now mid-October, so I thought it time to update progress.

100% Atreides missions are converted.

80% Ordos missions converted

5% Harkonnen missions converted

80% NewUnit descriptions/pictures done

ICONs to do.

End of the year release NOT realistic.

Why? - I have made little headway in the last 2 months as I have been trying to sort out final textures, units, superweapons, correct buildings etc. and so seem to have not moved forward.

I am also very busy at work so I dont know how much longer it will take, but aim now is to get this out very early in 2006 if I cant do before Xmas.