Kwisatz Haderach Suggestions

jacobdouds

I don't know what it could be. They are RLE Compressed right? Why don't you release KH version 2.0 without the icons that don't work and use other ones, and then make like a 2.1 patch with the new icons.

I haven't worked it out yet, but have you got rid of unnessacary icons like the frigate?They look nice though, and i will find the problem.heres one thing, i doubts the problem, but you never know  [HKPlasma] Icon = "iconsPlasmaman.tga" IconGrey  = "iconsGrey_Plasma.tga" Xaf  = "HK_PTroop"  SideBarType = "Infantry"  CrapShadowSize = -1.0but your icon name for the greyiconsGrey_Plasmaman.tga  so theres one problem, ill get back to you.

Well if it works when an icon is MISSING, then why doesn't it work when the icon is in the wrong format? Shouldn't that register as "missing"?

If Ghosty's program doesn't fix the problem, we use the old icons. These damn things have slowed us down enough. >:(

I looked at the ArtIni and found a few problems (not bugs, though - I still have no idea why the new icons don't work):

1. Some of the icons assigned to certain units don't exist. I don't know if they are original game icons, though. In that case there is no problem. I can't remember all of them, but Grey_Ref.tga stuck in my mind. It isn't there...

2. The Corrino APC has the same icon (and grey icon) as in v1.

3. The Smugglers' Center has the same icon as the Ordos Factory.

Well if it works when an icon is MISSING, then why doesn't it work when the icon is in the wrong format? Shouldn't that register as "missing"?

//If Ghosty's program doesn't fix the problem, we use the old icons. These

//damn things have slowed us down enough. >:(

This is wery strange... does u have a answer

I know it isn't an artini problem, even though there are errors. Ignore Grey_ref; I'm going to change the artini around before final release.The thing is, if an icon is there, but in the wrong format, Emp tries to load it, but can't so it messes up.Jacob, did you use the new Artini I posted?If so, most of the AT structures should be gold, not whitish.

yes, i used it, took me a while to get though, don't ask.

The thing is, there is no reason why they shouldn't be working, they work for us.

nema, remember when i had that wierd mishaped windtrap? The entrys were perfect, yet it drew it wrong, maybe it needs a refresh of the artini file or somehting, because when i made an exact copy of it over top, it looked normal again, try removijng those files and icons, reinstalling emp, and putting them back in.

This waas just based on the Corrino Windtrap, so im not sure how it will work here.

But, restore the origanal artini, and make all the changes to the xbf and icons entrys again, make sure you don't leave any out, or your guardian tank will be back to normal, you kow what i mean, if this doens't work, i suggest releasing it anyway, for those it does work for great, for those it doesn't, keep working on it till it does.

maybe KHv2beta

or something.

Still waiting for Ghosty...

We should release KH anyway, with all the new icons. But we must also include in the zip file a "patch" (maybe a zip-within-a-zip) that puts back the old icons, in case you can't play with the new ones.

But most of all, the old and new icons MUST have the same filenames! This is so that we won't need to change the ArtIni and games won't go out of sync (they won't, will they?)

Then later on we can release a REAL patch, after we find the problem.