Kwisatz Haderach Suggestions

jacobdouds

This is seperate to the Bugs thread.

If you have any good ideas for new units or structures in version three, which is still on the Horizon, post them here.

Version 2 will be released soon. I am working out the final bugs now, which I will pass on to Nema, who will do the Art stuff. Then Edric O will do the final balance issues. Then there will be the release.

There is a limit to the total number of units in the game... and any game with too many units will end up like Total Annihilation, with a ton of useless/obsolete units...

I was thinking we should stop at the current number of new units. If there will be a version 3, the best thing to do would be to try to add at least one campaign. If that's impossible, there will be no v3.00, only small updates (think v2.01, v2.15 ... that sort of stuff)

it is possible, i think. ive began looking into it. if i find anything interesting ill tell you. I checked it out last week for my mod to see if i wanted to do it. I think it might not be that hard. I think we just need to create a viewer/ editor for the tok format. Then it would be possible to make your own missions.

i think i've got something. I've tried changing a situation and changing the tooltext. It worked. But the only problem is that we can only add missions by using existing ones. In other words slightly  modify the ones we have. It's kind of like how limited we are to changing textures until we get and xbf viewer.

Well, other than adding units (like I said it's time to stop at our current number of units), fixing bugs and eventually adding campaigns, what else could we do? I'd be more than glad to do it, if I knew what it was...

A better Guardian was in my plans anyway. It's meant to soak up damage, so I'll triple its health and give it self-heal.

Have you tried the new EITS? The Ordos don't NEED another aircraft. The EITS is really fast and you can kill ANY building with just one of those babies! (including the Con Yard) Not to mention the Saboteur has scout-like stealth...

ORDOS ORDOE? thats my clan wanna join?  ;D its full of members if my split personalities count  ;D nah I made O2D - ORDOS ORDIE as a clan for my nick djsidious but if anny one is interested.... all houses are wanted  :)

I remember teesting the mod with ghosty and he mentioned haveing mod tournemts and maybe even mod clans. but now he is gone  :-/ come in Ghosty Won you are our only hope  ;D wonder what hes up to hope hes doing good.

my bad back to topic of suggestoins unless you count the tourny/clan on as a suggestoin.

we got those lovely plasma troopers why not make some plasma dusters (but a lil slower)

*just a note some of these may be corny*

can u make dusters dig/bury in one sand pit and come out of a different one how aboot this i hear ppl hate the storm what if you could make a build where when a storm came you could garrison you troops inside; kinda like Starwars Galattic Battlegrounds if anyones everplayed it you can send you ppl into buildings to protect them from attacks and make the turrets stronger... then after attack ungarrison them (i dont know it it would be possible)

can we change something on the land mines to make them easyier for me to find when i sent them out they disapear and maybe its just me but then i cant find them till there dead. i love the idea and can really f*ck u up with them if i get em in ur base  ;D but they get lost in the sand for me  :-/ (i dont know it this isa suggestion or a bug)  ;D

ok no more airforce for ordos but how bout air defense laser turret gets AA? ok maybe not how bout giving the eits a air to air weapon (plasm shot that drain the eits health  ::) well maybe not that but something... how bout sound wave instead)  ;D

i liked the slasher unit, now is this the one with swords (did u say light saber) will he be non-runoverable (weird to have a antivehicle infantry that cuts trwe metal and he goes squish  :P ;D )

make a farm with those yak loonk ing thigs that get prodced in it over time for free and then you can give to infantry to ride or sell for money (carefull dont let it get engied with a full barnyard   :-* all that $$ goodbuy)

`mkay im dont know go ahead and laugh at em ;D

I got the Mod now, it's incredeble (for a mod :P). but for the suggestions, maybe u should speak in sounds for yourself for the Corrino house, example: the scout no longer says nothing, but says "Corrino will reveal!" or something. another thing, i don't know if u think of this as a bug, but some Corrino units still say things like "For house Artreides!"

These are the Iron Griffin and the Trike, the iron griffin when moving and the Trike when get attack orders. Another thing, when u select more unit's than 1 and give attack orders it also sometimes says: "For the Duke", or "for house Artreides!"

And last, i got the update, and the update says i can now play Corrino with pre-build bases on, but i can't, when i start the game with pre-built, i starts loading, it says "Kwisatz Haderach an unnoficial" and then i am in Windoors again!

H A R K O N N A

What update did you get?

We made several updates, but not all of them have the PreBuilt problem fixed... wait until the second version if you want to make sure everything is in order.

As for unit sounds, the problem is that we need to figure out the .cmp format...

Well, on the kwisatz haderach download (home) page, ow yeah, before i forget, it's hard to download it from the site, i don't know how to get to the new's thing that says it has been releasead and is available for downloading. but oke, on that news page, it says: U can download the mod here, and here is the 1.1 update. not sure or it's 1.1, but in any case it's the first update created for Kwisatz haderach, and can be found on the same page as where to download the mod.

H A R K O N N A

Damn...

Well, then I suppose we'll just have to give them all Sardaukar sounds. Make a healthy mix of Sard and Elite Sard sounds so we don't have so much monotony...

In the mean time I'll try to find some software that can read cmp...

Okay everyone, I need all your opinions on this.

We need a healthy mix of atleast five houses not included in the Game, this can include Atreides. This is my current ideas, please add to it.

Atreides = Atreides Screamer

Maros = Pulse Cannon

Ginaz = Swordmaster

? = ?

? = ?

Please add your own.

Bene Gesserit, duh! :)

Btw, I hope that Atreides Screamer is not a sonic infantry (we already have 2 of them - Fremen Fedaykin and Corrino Sound Blaster).

P.S. That's Richese, areyouforit. Oh, and Corrino is one of the 3 main Houses!!