Any memories of the Dune gunes?

HarryCanyon

Back in 93 when i was 11/12 in elementary school before going to junior high, i played Dune 1 by Virgin for the PC in school and i was blown away and it got me into reading the books and it's sequel i got for Christmas the next year and when i was 17 i got Dune 2000 which blew me out of my chair.

• 2 years later...

Back in 93 when i was 11/12 in elementary school before going to junior high, i played Dune 1 by Virgin for the PC in school and i was blown away and it got me into reading the books and it's sequel i got for Christmas the next year and when i was 17 i got Dune 2000 which blew me out of my chair.

dune 2000 was my first rts game..

call of duty was my first game nd first fps..

Dune 2000 was my first RTS. I remember when i was around 8-9 and had no idea what is RTS; i didn't know that u need more than one wind trap otherwise you go in low power. Also in practice I didnt know u can deploy MCV. I was thinking u have to kill enemies only with the starting units and i was like "wtf how do they get bases" LOL.

Nice memories.

Dune 2, and I had no manual. I was 12 years old.

So, it was a "big" surprize when I got my first siege tank. I thought, that combat tank has been blown up like a baloon :D.

I really took my time doing the missions. Always 3 refineries. And I never changed that kind of tactic.

my first games ever were Cryo's Dune and Wolf3D... good times indeed, and Prehistorik II hahahahaha amazing :D that was around '92 I think.

Dune 2 I found it at some relatives and I was mesmerized. Then Dune2000 came by and it was amazing. I remember the fuzzy feeling i got every time i discovered a "new" game. Like Doom after Wolfenstein, Heroes III after Heroes II. 

yeah, the good old times of childhood: Diablo, Duke Nukem 3D, Heroes 2, Doom, Descent, Wolfenstein, Age of Empires, Settlers, Quake, and many many more awesome games. the good thing was that there were never 2 games of the same type, each was unique. Even if you compare Warcraft (1) with Dune 2. 

Anyone remember Beneath a Steel Sky? 

• 4 weeks later...

Heh, wow. Our Dune II was a pirated copy my brother brought home from school. Our parents, both fans of the original books, loved it immediately, and everyone at home ended up playing it to death.

(Seriously. If that game were multiplayer, my mom would've kicked some ass in that back in those days :P)