Look What I Made

Gobalopper

Oo, it's pretty. And functional, though I haven't the time to look at everything right now. And it brings good news! I wasn't aware the game was due out so soon.

I like it. Compact and handy. And it has a "Gift of the Yeti" I see. Interesting.

heh, yeti. Not letting it take my personal info though, so can't see what it is (I presume marketing thing to gather data on people?).

Tried playing a video and it froze firefox. I presume not linux friendly?

universe->samarah video

Not sure why the video window had scrollbars though.

EDIT:

Nevermind, it was just my firefox that crashed, had too many tabs open and so it probably helped it crash. video playing fine now. scrollwindows disappear when no mouse over video, so probably plugin problem.

I see under game info it says 1 player. I presume that means 1 player campaign, and also multiplayer? Not say 2-3 controllers allowed playing on same console(split window multiplayer). EDIT: wikipedia just says 1 player.

Prepare for a suicide mission to save humanity

Hurray suicide missions.

The website seems to work good for me. Nothing odd looking.

I don't know much about how the forums there work, but there is a lot of wasted space on right hand side. What if the

* BioWare
      Picks
    * Most
      Active
    * Most
      Recent

thing at right hand side was put at top going all the way across., say top 5 only. Each topic would only have 1 line of text each, so not much space, and then when browsing through forum it could extend over to the right more so stuff not as squished together? Or maybe put that recent topics box at bottom? mods/forum/devposts info at top given wider area would also mean less vertical space needed.

Added pic to show what I mean. Maybe the shorter width is easier to read, but extending it a bit rightward would mean a lot less scrolling down. Looks like lots of people there so I'm sure someone suggested it or maybe not if it is a bad idea (maybe this is how game forums are nowadays, I don't pay attention).

I just think the forum area is a bit squished. Fine if short simple post is made, but as soon as I see some of the longer posts, inlcuding quoted text it is very big height wise, and the extra width would cut it down a lot. Hmm, might not work good for the forum users that have in their profile that they play 10 games (below their avatar), although all those things do is link to official forum, so not sure if there is a specific reason for that. Maybe a small icon representing game would be simpler?

Last pic is prime example of wasted space of some random post, where the post is short, but since user has their profile filled with stuff, it takes up lots of room.

Note how his join date at bottom doesn't fit onto one line. Maybe make user info in post width fixed a bit bigger so that that stuff fits on one line so less vertical space wasted? Only work if you made forum area larger to the right. EDIT: size seems dependant on each page who has largest username/avatar etc. A bit odd that on every page the layout could be slightly different, based upon whether the bioware dev with wide avatar changes userinfoarea width. I presume regular members have avatar restrictions.

post-1194-12833239960901_thumb.png

post-1194-12833239962672_thumb.png

post-1194-12833239964615_thumb.png

It's all shiny! :O

In terms of suggestions, let's see...

I don't understand the point of the parentheses in "Devastating heavy weapons (that) can end a battle in seconds."

I also have no idea what "Control your conversation with physical moments of intense action" means.

The lower part of every page (the one that starts with the ESRB rating and the BioWare logo) is continuously flickering on my screen. When I first saw that, I thought there was something physically wrong with my screen, but then I realized it only happened on a specific part of the page. Very strange.

I had nothing to do with the Gift of the Yeti app although it is an odd coincidence being a yeti and all.

The forum wasn't changed with the new site launch, other than changing the background image, as it is going to be moved to BioWare's social site at some point.

EdricO, that isn't one of the things we wrote, I imagine its from the back of the box or something. Not sure what is going on with that flickering sounds like a browser issue.

Dunenewt it was a space thing and the problem with the US being MM/DD/YY and everyone else being DD/MM/YY.

And no birthday cards! ESRB love right there.

Gob brought us Fed2k, Bioware gave Dragon age to the world. That's such an awesome combination.

It sounds terribly understated when put like that. I almost feel like I need to invent new words in order to properly convey appreciation.