Women: Can't live with 'em.

Vanguard3000

I dream of an alternate realiy where I'm married to a beautiful, cruel, manipulative, bitchy woman. We'd both be fully aware that it was a sham marriage, so the relationship would be extremely open (seperate beds, seperate rooms...). I'd use her good looks and social networking skills, she'd use my penchant for schemes and uncanny ability to be ignored, and we'd both bounce ideas for how to be foul to people off each other throughout the long winter evenings, when we'd sit at either side of a fireplace and never once touch one another.

It's such a wonderful image...

And now on a completely irrelevent note:

20080128.gif

...With that attitude, I'm sure you will.  I'm of the same thinking as Khan.  Physical attraction is necessary, especially in the beginning of a relationship.  You see a girl across the room, and you're probably not going to know if she's a Virgo, or enjoys long walks on the beach, or shares in your obsession with Yu-Gi-Oh cards.  But right away, you'll probably know if she's attractive or not.  Yu-Gi-Oh comes later.

Actually, maybe Khan described it better.

Does it matter? The lower the chances of him reproducing the better.

Ah, yes...excellent point. :D

But, Dunenewt, something more pathological than laudable caution is implied by a decision to "stay a virgin forever", no? ;)

''Does it matter? The lower the chances of him reproducing the better. ''

Lol, do you really think YOU are the one to comment on reproduction and transferring your genes?

Seems to me that this is -1 to the reproduction of spiting.

Sorry but that seemed like a set-up that was far too hard to resist... what with being a ''flameing'' and all.

Am I the only one who sees the obvious irony here? or have the rest of you decided to turn on your selective overlooking?

I really do apologize in advance for that insult though, since it may seem a bit much... Obviously you all know it was in good fun.

As a matter of fact, going to this extent to ensure that it is understood that nothing serious has been said here is probably paranoid, but I shall desist regardless.

It's just that the PRP section has just been so slow lately and what with that being my main forum ''fix''... :(

Well I think I've done enough PRP advertising here.  ;) Just making sure the main attraction isn't being overlooked as you have to admit that can definitely seem to be the case considering placement of posts.

Anyway, there can be many reasons for pursuing celibacy. Eg: the priest thing and whatnot. Just as somebody can have a same sex preference some (perhaps rarely) might simply not derive pleasure from this activity or find it ''appetising''. Of course there is also the issue of youth.

As for the main issue of this topic... heh, I am no expert there and can say little.

Well, I have actually constructed a significantly lengthy post on the matter, but I question whether it's significance warrants it's length.

''But it's impossible for the beginnings to be completely about personality, you have to be attracted to the person to want to go out with them. The only other way is blind dates or dating friends, but even then there still needs to be a physical attraction, sex is an important part of a relationship after all even if people do try and deny it. It's not the most important part but it does matter.''

Of course, randomness allows far more opportunities for romantic engagement than blind dates (or perhaps more accurately for the beginning of romance). It often happens that you are stuck with somebody for sometime regardless of your initial feelings. Eventually you may notice that the two of you ''fit'' together better than you initially thought to the extent that despite insufficient superficial beauty that you can find yourself in a pleasing and constructive relationship that offers more benefits than intercourse. It seems like a definite possiblity by the least.

Intercourse is a factor obviously, but there is living evidence in some couples that even if neither of the participants award this element a 5 star rating they remain together regardless. One could say that this is due to something other than some satisfaction they feel with each other though. Eg: Perhaps they feel that if they ended their current relationship, they would feel themselves hard-pressed for whatever reason to start another.

But really, this is one of those topics that I don't know anything about and doesn't grab my interest much. Hence, I have little that is meaningful to add. In my defense I do state that little can be said of romantic matters, the sexes and the heart that has much universal truth to it. These things seem to be situational to the extent that generally accurate statements are hard to come by.

Well that is at least true in the case of those who maintain their individuality. For the conformists that may not be the case.

Bleh... the rest I shall consider adding tommorow if it seems sensible upon re-reading. :D

It was a joke, that's what you people just don't get. Why doesn't Dante get this crap (don't answer that).

I should know my brother's meaning because I live with him, and that's why I said you wouldn't understand. What he meant was, "if Dante feels offended I apologize", regardless of his EXACT words, it seems clear from the tone of the post.

I also said that it wasn't meant to OFFEND him, and you people say I can't read properly...

Kirby, just stop it.  Everyone else can see it was meant to be insulting / offensive.  Stop being obtuse.  Dante doesn't "get this crap" because he's earned respect among the members of this forum.  He also has a decent grasp of how a witty comment should be phrased.  Now drop the issue and get back on topic.

I'm very happy to say that the Sheila's Wheels adverts seem to have all but stopped.  I've not seen them in ages.  The Freeview channel "Dave" has seen sense and doesn't show it at all.  Since it's a channel marketed towards men around my age, it was a smart move.

Loose Women, however, continues to lurk around STV (Scotland's version of ITV).  It always seems to be on. >:(