Memories of FED2k 1 - 4

Mahdi

Not since the beginning.

Has anyone been here since then besides Gob and Mahdi?  (Davo and Shiroko don't count unless they make their once per year post)

Edit:  Not being a smart alec, just wondering.  Because I can't think of any...I think I came in around...a long time ago but not the beginning. ;)

Has anyone been here since then besides Gob and Mahdi?  (Davo and Shiroko don't count unless they make their once per year post)

Edit:  Not being a smart alec, just wondering.  Because I can't think of any...I think I came in around...a long time ago but not the beginning. ;)

I haven't been here from the start.  I don't remember when I joined but it wouldn't have been until, oh, minimum, (and I mean MINIMUM) a year into operations.

Thanks to everybody for your comments.  I had planned on recording a few new FED2k memories this weekend but, alas, I'll be working isntead.  Dunenewt still has a bunch more to post though so there should be no shortage of new FED2k memories for the next week.

I can say with absolute certainty that the first time I ever read the website was in either February or March 1999. I know this because February 1999 was when I first got an internet connection, and I was very much into Dune 2000 at the time, so I found FED2k rather quickly.

I'm not sure when I made my first post on the forum. I tried to go through the "recent posts" list in my profile, but for some reason posts before 2002 are listed in a random order rather than chronologically. On the other hand, I have discovered that I apparently made about 4000 posts since January 2003, compared to about 2000 posts in 2002 alone and less than 1000 posts in all the time I was here before January 2002.

2002 was the most active year for the forum, so I suppose it makes sense that it should have also been the most active year for those of us who were around back then.

Edit: As far as I can tell, my earliest post on this forum was on April 5, 2000. This is earlier than the date when my profile says I registered. Mahdi, you might want to check your own posts to see if you have some early ones like that too.

I didn't use a profile for a long time after joining though.  I simple posted as a guest.  It wasn't until Iw as made staff that I registered and started to use ana ccount, and even then I still usually posted as aguest for quite some time.  I also posted under the name Kiswatch and, like you, my first posts were many forums back.  Are those old forums still available for us to look at?

I wouldn't be surprised if you did post here before me though, Edric.  I was online and playing dune2k for a long time before I found out about clans, and it wasn't until after I found out about clans that I was referred to this website as a place to find out more about them.

"Gob = the start"

1 In the beginning there was the Forum and the Forum was with Gob, and the Forum was Gob.

2 The same was in the beginning with Gob.

3 All things were made therein; and without it was not any thing made that was made.

4 In it was life; and the life was the light of men.

5 And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

6 There was a man sent from Gob, whose name was Mahdi.

7 The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe.

8 He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light.

9 That was the true Light, which inflameth every man that cometh into the world.

10 He was in the world, and the world was flamed by him, and the world knew him not.

11 He came unto his own, and his own received him not.

12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the brothers of Gob, even to them that believe on his name:

13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of Gob.

14 And the Forum was made code, and ran in our browsers, and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only brother of the Creator, full of grace and truth.

15 Mahdi bare witness of him, and cried, saying, This was he of whom I spake, He that cometh after me is preferred before me: for he hath received a hat before me.

16 And of his foulness have all we received our fill, and grace for grace.

17 For the law was given by Westwood, but grace and truth came by Navaros Cyrenius.