the best unit in dune II

kloball31

Guest def_tank

is it me, or do i seem to be the only guy who has bothered to play it recently? i remeber when i was a little kid, and my sister would play all the time. Just last year, i got the game online(because i had nothing else better to do. I hated the lack of a band box so that u had to pick each unit indivually, but it brought back such good memeries. Just one question, can Ordos buy Siege Tanks besides the Starport, because i beat the whole game but couldnt find any siege tanks in my heavy factory, which i thought was odd.

You'r right. You didn't have tro try retreating with a sonic. By the time the sonic had turned to had back it was destroyed.

But wasn't the sonics range bigger than that of the devastator ? Using this and some skill and you would still be able to destroy the devastator.  ( I could be wrnog though. )

It depends on luck too though. if i played as atreides 75% of my Sonic tanks got destroyed by those "Brutes"  >:(

The Sonic tanks do nice damage to Buildings though.   :O

I wonder.... "Atreides found a Humane Way to Take out their oponents" By blowing their Body's apart with a Sonic gun and Torture those pooooor worms :D

a line of sonic's = boom devastator ;D ;D ;D ;D

they are too slow for the sonic tank!

And the Emperor sonic isn't overpowered because you need lot of tech-buildings and the range is short, the sonic tank has it rightfull strength :)

My Deva's never got destroyed that fast by the Sonic's it atleast destroyed one. If you have a line of deva's  5 deva's vs 5 ST = Boooooooom!(Xanvoice) goes the sonic  :P

And btw, in Emperor The Sonic tank range is medium. And is longer then the Deva's. One blast and the whole ph*cking Mecha is destroyed. In the original dune the Sonic tank is effective against inf and medium armored verhics.

• 2 weeks later...

The best unit in Dune2 is the Devastator tank!!!

If u have enough, nothing can stop u!!!

It's rushin' time....and they go boooom!!!

There was a level in D2, where u had to destroy an Atreides base, but there wasn't much spice in the area, and when your Harvs went to the richer fields, they were shot down by Rocket Turrets. I finished this mission with a Dev tank going behind the enemy lines, and blowing up the 3 remaining buildings in the base!

It was sooo cool, to see the enemy collapse befor my eyes!!!

Harkonnen will rule forever!!!!!!!!

Long live the Ordos! The coolest house in D2!!

And my favourite unit in Dune II has to be the missile launcher. I won a missions by simply placing 5 missile launchers outside the enemy base. 1 structure destroyed, 2, 3, 4.....  ;D

Have you ever tried to attack with just sonics in Dune 2000 ? The eatch move in diferent direction to the enemy, when you have 2 or more enemy's the move trough eatch other ant they alway, alway's damage sometimes even destroy eatch other. I think treir are two way's to attack with sonics in Dune 2000. Let them guard something, in a line next to eatch other and not behind eatch other. Or attacking in a collum. Again next to eatch other not behind eatch other. You can use them to destroy an enemy base but you'll have to asign other units to gard the sonics from attacks from behind and the side. Else you'll have to turn them round and that takes to long or they end up in a cross fire attacking the sonic next to them.

The sonic is powerfull, but just sonics arn't praticall in Dune 2000. In Dune II, when the sonic couldn't be damaged by another sonic the unit was better on itself, in Dune 2000 you almost always need other units to "protect" the sonics.

hahaha watch me... i'm the best dune 2 player ever!!

no just kidding......

i know some strategies though

best unit would be sonic tank as they don't damage each other as in dune2k and emperor...

A good strat is building a wall or building all around a repair bay... this way the unit couln't be kicked out of the building forcing a carryall to fly to the repair bay and pickup the unit... and that way dropping it back onto it's original spot which is incredibly efficient when you attack your enemy... cuz this way your forces close to the enemy base would constantly get repaired and be back in a sec.

Ordos don't suck... though their saboteur does and they have a serious disadvantage in mission 5 where they can't build rocket tanks and have to fight turrets... But their deviator is probably the best unit versus the computer as you could always kill at least 2 units/structures with one converted enemy... first you have to convert it and let it attack an enemy... then when the enemy is killed attack another... if you klick on the attack button before the unit is back into it's original colour you can still give the attack order when the unit has changed again... very effective... oh and you fight ornithopters in mission 7 btw... at least... when your fighting ordos or atreides.... harkonnens have none ofcourse....

oh btw... i'm dutch too :-)

and about the siege tank... ordos can build the siege tank... but NOT in mission 6... where the atreides en harkonnens can... don't ask me why... but hell... it's not a huge problem cuz it's only an upgrade of the combat tank... and sonics rule... believe me... 12 sonics.. (a squad of 4 x 3) and nothing survives.... and even if one is damaged...  a carryall comes picking it up and brings it back in a second