the best unit in dune II

kloball31

I personally found the last level in Dune 2000 and Dune II easy. Just be patient, build a defence, an army, ( a second base ) more army and then attack.

In Dune 2000 2 levels prior to the final is in my oppinion the hardest. ( see also another topic on that level in the "Dune 2000 general stategy" section.

IN Dune II the same, the level before the last is mutch harder ( in my oppinion ) than the last one.

It the levels prior to the last you learn how to handel certain aspects of the game, like speed attacks, big army's, small units, soldiers etc. You just have to apply this in the last.

He's not talking about for, he's taking about <p> < p > or [p], which sometimes shows up.

The range of the Sonic Tank depends on the speed. The accuracy of the Launcher depends on the game speed too.

I once got stuck in the last level because all spice was gone.

I think the best unit is the Sonic Tank, although the Launcher would be second. Ordos could still get Launchers through the starport.

Guest Ryan French

I've heard people saying that you cannot control saboteurs in Dune 2, but I have found a way to.  When you summon a saboteur from you palace, you can make him stay still (and not explode) by pressing the guard button.  He seems to have the same weapon as a light infantry if an enemy unit passes right by him without shooting him.  Anyway, you can tell him to move after stopping him, but you have to press the guard button before he gets to a location such as normal desert or he will get there and just explode!  I've found this useful for sneaking saboteurs behind enemy bases, but those darn turrets are still a problem!  

As far as I can remember you couldn't controle the ornithopters in Dune II. Just build them and the flew to the enemy's base. The rocket turrets and launchers automatically started fireing at the 'thopters.

If you didn't shoot it down it continued to attack I believe. Kind of funny. The airstrike in Dune 2000 makes 2 passes and then goes back.

[ makes you wander about All Bundy ;D ]

And the devestator has always been a verry slow unit. Boxy, even in Dune 2000 and slow. A sonic ooutmaneuvered the devestator in Dune II, but in Dune 2000 the sonic was a lot slower all of a sudden, specially when you had to turn it. Same with the devestator, don't turn the unit !

The dev has slowed down as the newer games came out.  It was the fastest (although still incredibly slow) in dune 2.  It slowed down, but gained more armor in 2k, where a wall of devs was considered slow but unstoppable.  In emperor, the dev makes the a sloth look like a hypersonic jet.  It didn't gain any aromr, but a lot of firepower, including AA capability.  Now, there are units to counter it effectively, so the dev rush is no longer effective in emperor.

Guest dune2fan

in dune2, you were supposed to be able to buy ornis at the starport, but somehow it was disabled in the final version of the game...they would have been more effective in larger numbers, but still the rocket turrets shoot them down before they can do real damage

I sometimes did attacks with orni's. After I destroyed all the turrets and if my enemy didn't had a lot of launchers [ or they where destroyed buy me ] I just waited outside his base and let some 'thopters to the work.

Besides that I almost never used them.