TV companies suck

Andrew

And do they count people with digital recording devices such as tivo, or people who purchase tv shows from apple itunes? I would think that the rating system is severely inaccurate for the entire market.

It's safe to assume that at least 1 million people illegally downloaded Heroes season finale since last Monday. I was actually surprised to see 500,000 downloads from a single public torrent site.

Now if I could legally purchase/download the episode in same/higher quality for $1 (say $24 for season), I would. Seems like they lost out on a ton of sales.

They do have those on torrents sites in dvd quality copies. ;) alot more megs. but worth the quality. I get actual dvd's alot roughly around 4 gigs but once you burn them just delete the files.

I'm sure CBS will think of a way to make a reality tv show of the nuts they receive. Everyone loves reality tv shows! Especially mtv/muchmusic which stopped playing music videos about 5 years ago to play nonstop reality tv crap.

Everyone loves reality tv shows!

Yea I really want to put my foot through the tv when my wife is watching that shit. The bachelor, the next pussy-cat doll. Now I have to admit I did sorta like Hell's Kitchen some.

Christ, it seems we need to just build a Coliseum for live gladiator events.

I actually watched the The Joe Schmo Show simply because it made fun of reality tv and was somewhat funny.

Christ, it seems we need to just build a Coliseum for live gladiator events.

That is what MMA fighting (UFC PRIDE etc) are now. Pride is best :D. Love when they jump on some guys head repeatedly with their foot.

I was thinking along the lines of say, prisoners like the worst of the worst that will never see the outside again. Plus it would be a good way to clear some of the over-populated prisons.

Now that's a reality t.v show I'd watch.  ;D

I mean they kill each other in prison anyway so why not make a sport of it. Wouldn't even have to pay them. I would be willing  to bet they (prisoners) would love to do that.

But then why write reality at all, honey ?

because the last posts were about reality shows and this was the only show I could think of which was always a good laugh and came closest to the term "reality" although it isn't a reality show like  :)

• 4 weeks later...

so I watched the whole season 6 of "24" last weekend... and again it was a disappointment. way too much political stuff and the story change with that subcurcuit board and the chinese was crap. I think they should cancel the show... the first season was awesome, the second was very good in the beginning but then turned a bit boring. the 3rd season was awesome again and after that the show really sucked.  :-

there was one good thing about season 6 though: marisol nichols who played the role of nadia yassir... I instantly fell in love with her at first sight  ;D

It would be better if it was a bit realistic.

I've only seen last season and this season. This season was ridiculous.

spoilers for this season that show it is stupid

[hide]Jack gets released from china, after being tortured the whole time (then gets tortured again), and within 24 hours he is back to full health... and able to get everything done.[/hide]

not just within 24 hours... he gets over it in less than 2 hours when he decides to escape and rescue that other guy from the airstrike...

anyway, marisol rocks... a pity these kind of girls don't walk around on our streets - I really need to emigrate  ;D

• 4 weeks later...

Studio Source: 'I Helped Upload TV Pilot'

This helps confirm that companies want their movies/tv shows to be pirated and the companies will cry wolf about it to get lots of free publicity to get the word out that they are releasing a new tv show/movie that everyone should watch.

Article is kinda funny. The insider gave the tv show to his neighbors kid to upload!

• 4 weeks later...

Oh look, FOX is putting out another serialized drama show called Journeyman.

It looks interesting. Kevin McKidd is the star (he was great in "Rome"). But what is the point of making sure to watch it if they are going to cancel it at any point in time like they did with their other serialized tv shows such as "Drive" last season? I'm guessing they will show 1/2 the season from September 24 to the first of December, then come back in February or March and then complain that the ratings are "down" like CBS did with Jericho.

NBC Will Not Renew ITunes Contract

So now people wont be able to purchase a lot of good shows from NBC through itunes. Sow how will people get to watch an episode they miss? Will the have to go to nbc.com and watch a very terrible 2inch by 2inch video of the episode in 5 parts?

I wonder where o where will people be able to get the episodes now?

What's that? In a previous post of mine I mentioned that the heroes season finale was downloaded 500,000 times in a week after it originally aired? Currently the same torrent was downloaded 1,647,401 times. If they sold a high quality video for $1 across the world they just missed out on a lot of money.

If private torrent trackers can keep track of who downloads what and catch cheaters how come multi billion dollar corporations can not follow this means of distribution? Create an account with a credit card, and download whatever you want (similar to itunes) for a couple dollars an episode (depending on quality), except use the torrent network so you don't have to worry about huge bandwidth costs.

Europeans definitely don't want to wait a year or two to start watching great shows. These corporations need to cut out the middle men and ship directly to consumers homes instantly.

EDIT:

Apple bans NBC downloads starting this fall season

So Apple basically told NBC to go f themselves. Apple is getting better and better all the time :)

Unless this is some marketing campaign to make consumers aware that tv shows can be downloaded via itunes...

• 4 months later...