no more joking

thesnake

And it's unfortunate, Spicy. Upgrading for us isn't a big deal, but there's a definite socioeconomical difference between the western civilizations and everyone else.

Hey, it's not like I mean anything of what I say... I'm a joke.

i didn't mean to sound tough...but i was only trying to explain that very very small number of

peapol here in Egypt have a PC as strong as mine....

and for the next generation PCs like the one u are talking about i think it can be a very rare

case here...lets say 1 in every 50 000 peapol have a high end machine.....

i tried looking for the 6600gt geforce for mounthes ..and it was like i was asking for a hardware

from the nasa or something...it was like something that nobody use..and all hardware

shops told me no Buddy buy such expensive VGA...

i ended up buying the 6200 not because i wanted to but because its the only one i found.

and by the way my CPU is hyper threading olso and its freaking fast..

_ scar are u talking to me?? what upgrade do i need more??? i am flat Brock.

What I meant was get the most from your motherboard. For instance, fill all memory slots with higher ram, upgrade CPU if you can...when you can afford to do so. Then go for the vid card. I don't maean do this all at once, just one thing at a time when you can afford too. If you got a manual for your motherboard it willl tell you whats upgradable on it.

@ spicy: have you ever tried ordering the stuff from shops that ship international (or at least to your place) too?

you can get everything then without searching for ages and pricing might be better too despite the postage fee.

I don't mean to say you should do it now but when you want to upgrade the next time you should maybe try this...

http://www.worldofspectrum.org/archive.html

Who needs the modern games or equipment when you can still get the classics. It would take a life time to play all of these.

It is all really keeping up with the jones.  ;) ;D

Man, I get lost for ages on the old snes emu's.

Man those games meant something back then <wipes tear from his eye)  8)

Being of that age, i remember how absolutely amazing "we" found computer games like Pac Man, Galaxian, Jetset Willy, Lord of Midnight etc. And now the awe seems to have gone and all the kids complain about are the unreal graphic and slow game play... what a difference + years make.  ;)

when i was first hooked up to video games it was back at the early 80s  with the Atari

playe device.. i remember great games like car racing and space invaders and asteroids

and soccer and combat with tanks and planes....

just one  Atari game floppy about 10MB  used to have loads of games on it...

i was the only kid in the aria who bought the Atari device...

long long time before i see a computer...

the latest usually looks the best, but the rest can be crap after all.

like up-to-date rts suck in a comparison with emp. or quake 3 is much better than quake 4. or like the good old classics will never be forgotten, no matter what new games will be available.

The thing with old games is that, while you remember them as the greatest games ever, they just aren't the greatest anymore. Often it's not the new games that suck ( I admit that this is the case with most games today; I'm talking about the few and good ones ), it's you growing up and getting tired of gaming.

but still...you didn't need a 2000$ PC to run old games....

any PC used to playe any game...i don't remember having any troubles with any game on any PC

like the requirements problemsthat exist now..which is the post topic..

i think 10 years from now there will be nividia force 50 000  worth 10 000$

The thing with old games is that, while you remember them as the greatest games ever, they just aren't the greatest anymore. Often it's not the new games that suck ( I admit that this is the case with most games today; I'm talking about the few and good ones ), it's you growing up and getting tired of gaming.

Disagree. Enjoyment levels can be still the same and newer games might not match that same level.

I might give my younger (by a whole genereation) friend the game I most loved, and if he was oblivious of the newer games, he would enjoy it as much, and if the graphics on newer games were just as bad as the old ones, he might well choose the older game.

The problem is, we have a culture where more polygons = better graphics = better game, which is, I believe, a complete load of tosh ;).

The problem is, we have a culture where more polygons = better graphics = better game, which is, I believe, a complete load of tosh ;).

There is something about those cute little fellas in settlers that keeps me coming back... Had the same feeling about WoW