no more joking

thesnake

some games makers  are done with joking about minimum PC requirements in their games....

ubsoft  has set the  minimum PC requirements to their new game (call of juarez) to the folowing:

3 ghz  Pentium4 CPU

1 g  of ram

6600 geforce 256 mb

----------------------------------------------------------------------

it  tells me my system is below minimum requirements even that i just bought and installed my new

6200 geforce 256 mb  :-

And this is why I still play games from 1995-2002. So many to choose from!

Although I really want to play HL2 and FEAR since the graphics are so awesome :P

Hopefully when I get a new laptop.

When it says

3 ghz  Pentium4 CPU

Would a dual processor 1.8ghz work? Everything seems to be dual core or whatever now, and they are only at 2ghz or so.

And this is why I still play games from 1995-2002. So many to choose from!

Although I really want to play HL2 and FEAR since the graphics are so awesome :P

Hopefully when I get a new laptop.

When it says

3 ghz  Pentium4 CPU

Would a dual processor 1.8ghz work? Everything seems to be dual core or whatever now, and they are only at 2ghz or so.

Yes, it'd work. I run FEAR and Ghost Recon AW on full graphics on a AMD x2 4200+ -- 2.2GHz

And what he meant by joking was that corporations always jacked up the minimum requirements in their games. But as you can tell, this one is more serious.

Well Spicy, as long as games become more system intense, then so does a PC if you want to play these games full throttle. I mean the value in system specs of one you maybe just bought today will degrade in playability a matter of months from games that require more power. Depending on what PC you buy that is...I mean i'm lucky mine has kept me playing newer games and it's only about 2 years old, but still way outdated by todays standards.

the way i see it scar..its really a pain in the azz....you wouldn't believe the low economy status

in the region i come from..most peapol are having hard time finding food....

the fact that a  boy or a girl needs a PC that cost 1500 dollares just to play games

can be a really rare case in most families....

i mean its very hard to find here someone who have a PC like my PC witch is quite similar to ures..the one u call it out of date  ...

lets say the chances are 1 in 1000....

and most of the other computers still running with 1.7 Pentiums on a series 4 geforce 128 MB..

mostly to do chatting and office work...

i think this case can be in a lot of countries not as developed as Europe and USA.....

i mean those monsters are really starting to cost..

Well, to play the latest games, you need the latest hardware... only makes sense.

There shouldn't be anything wrong with playing games a couple years old (that would run on older computers), especially since they should be 1/2 the price or less than they were when first released. And there should be lots of them to choose from.

here they put it clear that u need a super computer if you want to playe games..

actually it ain't a super computer. it's old stuff... nobody buys a p4 these days and nvidias 6xxx cards are also 2 generations old now. so the minimum requirements are really what most people I know call a "a stone-age old system".

@ andrew: the dualcores are a new generation and are newer than the singlecore p4. so if p4 3ghz is the minimum, you'll get along well with a core2duo or x2 running at 2ghz because they are faster.

if I was a game devloper I'd actually set the minimum specs higher so I could make sure people either have good hardware and can enjoy the game or they don't have and then they'll have to wait until they do. because if I created a good game I'd like to see it being played as it's meant to be and not with crappy settings on minimum...

it's usual that new games have not the same requirements like games which are a few years old. If you want to have a gaming system which lasts quite a while you probably should get a playstation or xbox on which all the games available work and you don't have to worry about upgrading (until the next generation of consoles maybe if you like to).

I can understand if people don't want to upgrade all the time or don't have the money to do so or whatever... it's okay. actually it's very expensive to upgrade constantly to the newest stuff and you usually don't need it for office and internet use but only for gaming (or maybe some working stuff but then you still probably don't need the newest videocard). so it's quite common that most people don't renew their stuff all the time. but still nobody should complain if new games require newer hardware than older games did.

The 6200 may be new to you Spicy, but it's way outdated. Also I found out something about playing BF2 at great speeds. It's not always the card, I have the DSL extreme which is around 8 Mbps down/512 up, I have no probs at all playing now at any server. Were before I had 1.5 Mbps down/256 up with alot of lag sometimes.

Yes, but it's still fun due to the fact that every game is different and never the same. Maybe last year, but it's still at least being updated and patched and not just abandoned.

Yeah, but I was talking about sp1cy "finally" being able to play it. :P It's a fun game, but it's had it's time in my opinion. I mean, the 6200 can run it... I don't even wipe my ass with that card any more.

Yeah, as veK says, the suckage of a computer than barely meets those minimum specs is epic! I mean, my last computer owned those specs.

It doesn't suck; the P4 is still a good processor. I mean, it's 3,000+MHz. Sure, the introduction of the dual core makes it less obvious, but nothing is really using the dual core yet.

And it's unfortunate, Spicy. Upgrading for us isn't a big deal, but there's a definite socioeconomical difference between the western civilizations and everyone else.