what dose gaming mean for you..?!

thesnake

Hi...throu my long life of gaming ever since the gaming world began with those small 2 mb game boy

and the lunch of attari game station back in the 80s i came across all kind of them...

combat, race, advanture,rts. you name it..i know haw hard a game can be...

in the present day i seem to have lost a lot of my power..i mean i just want to playe and have some fun like watching a movie...i dont like that art of making things complicated anymore

i feel its an abuse to my time...some folks just like to make you go in hullwayes for dayes

in the dark trying to find a key in a place as big as the destance between egypt desert and newyork

or they want you to preforum a 60 steps jump while you kill 5 bosses in the way...just to complete

the silly game...then the walkthrou comes in and you are in between 2 fouls..the one who coplicated things around and the other who is trying to teatch ure dum ass haw to pass it ..lol

i just had enough of those i just want to playe...

I have to agree with Chuck on this one. It took me a painful while to decipher all that...

So let me guess. Your contention is with puzzle games of the good old days? Hey, Prince of Persia is great fun and I still play it today, mind you! :P

no here is a summery of the topic with some spell check service :

i mean to say that games have allways  been hard but being younger gave me more time and energy to finish games like prince of Persia ex....

now being older i just cant put up with the complications any more, and i see that games Oslo getting much harder for no reason at all..im just starting to like games that are more simple to the mind like bf2 and emp...and i wanted to blame games makers for taking a harder line in their games that's all and am calling it the art of making things complicated..

i hop you get this one thanks

I would put it down to your changing taste in games.

Spicy, can you do this for us, maybe use MSWord to type your messages first, or another spell checker (there are some that run from system tray that work on all keyboard inputer, like Tiny Spell from www.Numerit.com) and copy & paste to the post ? It honestly does help a lot.

Thanks.

gaming to me means:

single player: fun

multiplayer: competition

I've been playing cs for so many years now and though my league and lan-tournament times are lying behind me I still like to kick ass and play a good 5on5 war from time to time though the tactics aren't as good as they were back then with a team  where everybody knew everybody else and everything fitted perfectly.

as for single player games I sometimes like them to be hard and difficult but you should still be able to manage it without  trying 200 times. what really annoys me is such crap as in nfsmw. I posted it in the nfsmw topic: you can drive absolutely perfect without crashing and be the

I tend to enjoy cooperative multiplayer games and singleplayer games more than competitive multiplayer games. It's definitely just me, I guess. The downside to this is that most game writers do not write the AI properly, and thus the only way for them to create a challenging AI is to have an AI that cheats. Sometimes, this additional "skill" of the AI makes gaming more interesting, but more often than not it's just plainly frustrating.

When I tried Day Of Defeat: Souce during the Free Weekend, I must say I've been pleasantly surprised. It seems to be somehow... reviving my age-old interest in competitive multiplayer games.

yes erjin i will try...and yes vek you perfectly understand what i mean and nfsmw is one of the games that made me make this post along with few others like call of cthulhu which have a perfect hard levels one after the other.....i just felt after few minuets of playing i felt extreme headache

and tired..

and for need for speed it was those long police rides which made the thing for me...

For me games need to be complicated. The more the better.

Easy games like Serious Sam are fun on a LAN party with friends, just mindless shooting.

However, the somewhat more "complicated" games are more fun for me, either multiplayer or single player (prefer to play multiplayer games though).

i didn't mean it that way ...but i assure you i cant do some things anymore... things like find the golden key in a 600 kilometrs long dark hullways then find the door to open it up,which is  300 levels under the earth

then to meat mister 6000 legs monster boss just sitting there waitting

to kill you and make you go through all that all over again 500 times....

i used to do that, now i cant maybe its age maybe am depressed hehehe

or maybe they are making games harder

what do you think azzuri.? its off topic but.. i live in an eria marked as the worse in the world with poverty and war

and loss of freedom... a country like italy is a dream even if i lived in the street...

but the thing is am too old to do that, or to work as bathroom cleaner....

and i dont want to get married so i cant get any passport i guess am stuck here.

Well, computer/video gaming is a rather new cultural phenomenon that definitely has a future. In due time, no one will find it strange that people of all ages are gaming; the sceptic view that gaming is "only for kids and nerds" will disappear.

As for me, gaming is not only entertainment, but also a bit of a hobby. I'm interested primarily in old games, the evolution of the genres (RTS being my favorite) and games as a phenomenon in general. I also do a bit of amateur modding here and there, 'cause I like to look into the innards of a game and, if possible, extract and modify them ;D

And BTW, I have never played a game online... :P

Something to do while I'm not at work or with someone? ??? :P

yes  but i mean when your playing a single player game ..do you want to spend this time you have

in a game that don't have a good story and will tell you to solve illogical puzzles and fight

50 bosses at the same time...do you think this will make that extra time you have a really hard time to spend and nothing but headache.. am saying this coz i ran into some games lately that gave me this

ideas...i couldn't move a step without the walkthrough and even with that i couldn't finish them..

for example the call of cthuluh and silent hill 4 and nfsmw i mean the race was ok but the police fightting was somthing eals